Who's your best Escapist friend?

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
*Looks around*... I don't think anybody knows me that well.. So I'm not really friends with anybody... *Goes and sits in the corner*.. :(

However, there was a "Welcome new escapists" type thread a while back, which Caramel Frappe made, and I responded to that, and then he sent me a friend request, so I'm TECHNICALLY not a loner :D Plus he's a cool person.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Lucem712 said:
And of course non Injustice League members: Evil Smurf
Hey friend :D

I do love you all, also join my cat fan club. Catoholics anonymous.

Evil Smurf

Nov 11, 2011
bobmus said:
The other folks in the Brovengers.

Too dull?
Well I have had a great time playing games with Matthew94, Daystar Clarion, Hazy992, Binnsyboy, Fappy and Evil Smurf!
Get your squirtle face to my usergroup.

When I go to the UK, I will pub crawl with you.

Evil Smurf

Nov 11, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
All my chums in the Forum Games, Publishers Club and Persona usergroup!

They all rock and it would take ages to note them all!

I will give a shout out to Evil Smurf, we must drink one day!
There are several pints of local larger with our names on it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Terminate421 said:
MAYBE Vault101, assuming she even knows I exist.
of coarse I do Topazfusion! you and me hang out all the time and-

hold on..... your not Topaz....

uuuuhhhhh

Kaleion said:
*sigh* Someone...
Well it would be Mortai Gravesend, even though he's banned and his account got deleted I still talk to him every now and again.
ah yes....mortai *sob*

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Lordy lordy lord. Sudden nostalgia attack.
Way back in the day, I always smiled when I saw stinkychops post. Pretty sure that he was one of my first "friends" here on The Escapist, though he was unfortunately banned over a year ago.

Had a few people over the years who I've more or less gravitated to when starting a discussion and I see them around. Nowadays, mostly it's multiple people in the ponychat, but thanks to university, often seeing friends around the state, and more general work recently (even during the holidays), I don't get to post in there anywhere near as much as I did when the group was still relatively new. So I haven't been able to talk to a lot of them in a while either.
(Quick aside: Anyone from the ponychat who sees this post, you know who you are :D )

As for people in real life, the closest I've had is adding people on Facebook, though there are only a couple I've done that with...

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Me and Rookie get on well, we even play League on a daily basis together. Even if he loses once then goes offline to sulk more than half the time, I can't blame him though, the F2P Luxes this week are gonna be brutal.

"Detonate the E! DETONATE THE E! LAND A BIND! RAGE!"

He always comes back a while later, freaking clockwork. He just wants to play some Draaaaaaaaven!

F2P Irelia is worse though... God, every time an Irelia buys other boots over Merc Treads it breaks my heart. It's interesting playing against the bullshit train that is an Irelia focusing the AP Carry. Good thing I was playing Ahri, dem 4 teleports yo'

I like Ahri now, she relies on staying alive to spam her W and Q in all teamfights. Whereas someone like Lux needs to just Q,E,R job done GG. Their Lux was really damn fed yet we had almost the same damage output overall. I got like 7 W's and Q's off per teamfight.

Yes I look at the charts and graphs on the post match screen. What of it?

Padding is on her way I guess, considering we have a (completely original and thought out) nickname for her. We just need to sync our log in times better XD
Awwww yeah! /Brofist or w/e the kids do nowadays.

You always include LoL in EVERY post don't you?

Oh speaking of which "it's time to make some money!".

Padwolf said:
Oh gods, Irelia is free to play... it's awful. I saw a bad one today. It was terrifying to see her butch my precious Irelia :( And oi oi I'm logged on now!

OT: Rookie and Wykydtron are on their way, I love playing with you guys, and sure Padding is very original and thought out :p Other than that, I love you all! :D
Yeah your are ok when you aren't constantly feeding ;3

Just kidding padding! Really!

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
I'll give a "friend spot" to you smurf since you are a fellow cataholic :3

Oh and my chums over on pony chat deserve a shout out too! :D

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Z of the Na said:
Brad Shepard said:
Although he doesn't post much anymore (something about not having a very high opinion regarding the direction the Escapist community has taken or something), Brad Shepard [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Brad+Shepard] has become my closest friend here on this website and beyond.

It all started years ago when we randomly found ourselves in an RP of which we had a great time with. Now we chat frequently and play games via Xbox 360 and Steam. Not to mention...we are both League of Legends fanatics.

I'd say that as about as good as a random-person-over-the-internet kind of friendship can get, if you ask me.

And Brad? Remember...

[HEADING=1]"A FOOL AND HIS HEAD ARE EASILY PARTED NYAAGH!!"[/HEADING]
Awwww, i feel special :)

Z here is also my best escapist friend, It amazing how, even over the internet, people can get along so well. That RP was a lot of fun, and it just branched off from there, plus we found one of the most powerful combos in League Of Legends ever!

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/skarnersplash.jpg/]

AHHHH! BUGS ARE GROSS!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Padwolf said:
The Wykydtron said:
Me and Rookie get on well, we even play League on a daily basis together. Even if he loses once then goes offline to sulk more than half the time, I can't blame him though, the F2P Luxes this week are gonna be brutal.

"Detonate the E! DETONATE THE E! LAND A BIND! RAGE!"

He always comes back a while later, freaking clockwork. He just wants to play some Draaaaaaaaven!

F2P Irelia is worse though... God, every time an Irelia buys other boots over Merc Treads it breaks my heart. It's interesting playing against the bullshit train that is an Irelia focusing the AP Carry. Good thing I was playing Ahri, dem 4 teleports yo'

I like Ahri now, she relies on staying alive to spam her W and Q in all teamfights. Whereas someone like Lux needs to just Q,E,R job done GG. Their Lux was really damn fed yet we had almost the same damage output overall. I got like 7 W's and Q's off per teamfight.

Yes I look at the charts and graphs on the post match screen. What of it?

Padding is on her way I guess, considering we have a (completely original and thought out) nickname for her. We just need to sync our log in times better XD
Oh gods, Irelia is free to play... it's awful. I saw a bad one today. It was terrifying to see her butch my precious Irelia :( And oi oi I'm logged on now!

OT: Rookie and Wykydtron are on their way, I love playing with you guys, and sure Padding is very original and thought out :p Other than that, I love you all! :D
I should mention that our entire group decided to change our LoL names because YOLO it's super cheap now, just so you don't get confused the next time you log in. Try to figure out who's who. Rookie and I basically decided to reference things we like instead of being original. Hey, no random XxX's needed. It's 'K :D

Hmmm, how about Paddy? Pads? Paddy Patchwork? Paddington? I like Paddington...

Don't worry, Rookie is still sore over that one game where that Garen went full tank with a last item Infinity Edge and could 1v5. Don't mind him. I'm always negative anyway, I end up being support X every single game. 3/5/25 or something. Even with Katarina! Even with AD Carries! Even with damn VAYNE! It's just silly!

And when I do get kills, they are the most hilarious steals in history. Dat Kha'Zix kill steal Rookie... So AWESOME. Max range lvl 1 evolved Leap that does like 50 damage got the last hit. I did literally nothing else in that fight. He was so pissed

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
I should mention that our entire group decided to change our LoL names because YOLO it's super cheap now, just so you don't get confused the next time you log in. Try to figure out who's who. Rookie and I basically decided to reference things we like instead of being original. Hey, no random XxX's needed. It's 'K :D

Hmmm, how about Paddy? Pads? Paddy Patchwork? Paddington? I like Paddington...

Don't worry, Rookie is still sore over that one game where that Garen went full tank with a last item Infinity Edge and could 1v5. Don't mind him. I'm always negative anyway, I end up being support X every single game. 3/5/25 or something. Even with Katarina! Even with AD Carries! Even with damn VAYNE! It's just silly!

And when I do get kills, they are the most hilarious steals in history. Dat Kha'Zix kill steal Rookie... So AWESOME. Max range lvl 1 evolved Leap that does like 50 damage got the last hit. I did literally nothing else in that fight. He was so pissed
[sub][sub]Fucking Kha'Zix and his stupid wings.......[/sub][/sub]

Oh and I thought you had an interview or something later today?

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Kitsune Hunter said:
Alas, I have no friends on the escapist, i'm mainly just a loner posting in the forums, not really getting a chance to talking with anyone, except a few enemies on the R and P forum, *le sigh*

If anyone is looking for a friend, I'm right here
Okay, I know better than most that R&P can be crazy, but how the fuck can you have enemies with less than 200 posts? Did you argue against gay marriage or something? Profess you undying love for Glenn Beck? Seriously, I must know! It took me longer than that to grow to hate Blahb for fuck's sake!

Kaleion said:
*sigh* Someone...
Well it would be Mortai Gravesend, even though he's banned and his account got deleted I still talk to him every now and again.
Other than that, well I guess the people at the Forum Games group, since I seem to talk to them most of all, I'm not terribly friendly though and I don't really talk to the people on my friend's list which is kinda bad since they are a cool bunch.
Damn, I miss him too. He was fun, so hard to debate with in some ways, but so great too. To think I used to hate him. I don't think any banning has upset me as much as his.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
i don't have any on the escapist. i lurks around and once in a while comment. i have gotten in any memorable discussion with anyone on the escapist.
but there one person i have a negative impression of; who was being a douche in a music thread i made a while back. i don't remember the persons user name but i know the avatar when i see it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
lacktheknack I think. Jolly fellow indeed. Synchtube sessions with him are great fun (especially when watching supposedly-for-kids cartoons).
I'm touched. :D

And I was going to say you, for the same reasons. Thanks for showing me the psychological horror show that is Teen Titans. :p

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
No idea, really. I don't talk to many people. Guess I'm just not interesting enough.

Although, PsychicTaco115 was the first person to add me as a friend, so I'll go with him.