Who's your best Escapist friend?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
[user]Binnsyboy[/user] is my number one friend on here... mostly because we chat on facebook too, and we have a lot of similar interests! He also was the one who invited me into the Brovengers, and got me into the shitcast/podcasts on this site! Really looking forward to having a pint with the guy at Escapism next year! :D

Then there is the rest of the Brovengers (of course) especially Fiz_the_toaster and Daystar Clarion, and then the guys I met from the Escapism UK group! They are all a great bunch of guys, and the ones I have met makes it even better!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
aprilmarie said:
... >_> ... <_< ...

v_v

I've ignored you for so long, I thought you didn't like me any more... *sniff*

Apology hugs?? >_<

[user]Girl With One Eye[/user] would probably want words with me, too, come to think about it... ¬_¬

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Definitely SckizoBoy.. damn, he's helped me through some tough times, shouts outs and props to you my good friend :)

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
The other folks in the Brovengers.

Too dull?
Well I have had a great time playing games with Matthew94, Daystar Clarion, Hazy992, Binnsyboy, Fappy and Evil Smurf!

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
TheFunPolice said:
I don't really post enough for anybody to really know who I am T_T

However I had a little bonding with Binnsyboy when we were discusssing our admiration for the Red Hot Chili Peppers ^_^ It was nice to find somebody who loved them as much as I do :D
Aw yeah, brofist!

Now I feel more than a little guilty saying Elementary_Dear_Watson. Gonna rock Escapism UK!

Guy's brilliant. Also, dat 'tache.

I am genuinely touched that your first thought was me, though.
I feel cheated and alone.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
No-one specifically comes to mind, but everyone at the TF2 group is quite lovely, friendly, nice and funny. Especially that therandombear fellah. So, yeah. Good group and all. I lurk there quite often. Post rarely, tho. Just like in the Forum here.

Rogue Trooper

Oct 25, 2012
Nobody yet since am still new to this site, but hopefully in the future I'll make a friendship with some of you guys.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
aprilmarie said:
... >_> ... <_< ...

v_v

I've ignored you for so long, I thought you didn't like me any more... *sniff*

Apology hugs?? >_<

[user]Girl With One Eye[/user] would probably want words with me, too, come to think about it... ¬_¬
nope. I see how it is now. No hugs for you anymore. *sniffs* I even sent you happy birthday wishes on skype and you never responded *runs off and cries*

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
All my chums in the Forum Games, Publishers Club and Persona usergroup!

They all rock and it would take ages to note them all!

I will give a shout out to Evil Smurf, we must drink one day!
You're too kind, Tizzy. :D

It's good to see the group finally get around. Makes me feel good inside.

OT: I would have to go with the Persona user group members, just like Tizzy mentioned. They're all great guys.

And then there's AceDefectice: My favorite person on these forums.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Although he doesn't post much anymore (something about not having a very high opinion regarding the direction the Escapist community has taken or something), Brad Shepard [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Brad+Shepard] has become my closest friend here on this website and beyond.

It all started years ago when we randomly found ourselves in an RP of which we had a great time with. Now we chat frequently and play games via Xbox 360 and Steam. Not to mention...we are both League of Legends fanatics.

I'd say that as about as good as a random-person-over-the-internet kind of friendship can get, if you ask me.

And Brad? Remember...

[HEADING=1]"A FOOL AND HIS HEAD ARE EASILY PARTED NYAAGH!!"[/HEADING]

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
Rogue Trooper said:
Nobody yet since am still new to this site, but hopefully in the future I'll make a friendship with some of you guys.
DIBS!

DIBS ON THIS PERSON TO BE MY NEW FRIEND.

NOBODY ELSE IS ALLOWED TO FRIEND HIM/HER.

Rogue Trooper

Oct 25, 2012
TheFunPolice said:
Rogue Trooper said:
DIBS!

Simmer down my friend am not a thing to be collected AM A MAN FOR GOD SAKE!!!

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Chemical Alia said:
Bertylicious said:
Chemical Alia said:
The Escapist is one of the few sites I've been a member of for a decent amount of time, and have made absolutely no friends or even had any conversations with other members on. I'm not really sure why that is, but I will say that this forum has never really struck me as an especially friendly place. My posting habits and the fact that I'm almost twice of many of the members here probably contribute to that, too.
You're a professional in the games industry at Gearbox, a prestigious organisation, who is directly involved in games development. That's pretty intimidating.

I mean, what if I make a crack about tightening up the graphics on level 3 and you were to say "My GOD Berty, that is well bang out of order! Do you know how hard I work? Do you know how much blood, sweat and tears I have poured into my work to allow jack-offs like you to moonshot farm The Warrior for Conference Calls? Well FUCK you Berty and the scabby horse you rode in on! I am DONE with the whole thing! You can kiss Borderlands 3 goodbye!"

And I'll be all "oh God, oh God, oh God..." and flapping my arms up and down and spinning in a little circle and then the mods will ban me for being terrible.
Haha, maybe. Though I was equally friendless before that title appeared next to my name, I might actually somehow be more alone now that that red text appeared over my username.

Just don't call it "cel shading", and we're good. c:
So that red text actually has significance?
Interesting.

Also, I would offer to be your friend, but then again, now that you know that I know that you are an environmental something or other for a game-company that made a few games which could reasonably be called "huge", you would probably think
"hm, that floating manatee-avatar-(dear Lord, what a nice avatar that is)-forum-member only offers to be my friend because he wants to sucker up to me and possibly exploit my relations and annoy me with stupid suggestions for "original games", goood how I already hate that member with the incredibly sweet avatar."

Amd you would be wrong, since I have no intention to become involved with the game industry, and I offer you to be your friend, because everyone should have one.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Haha! I can actually post without sounding like forever alone.

There's [user]MartianWarMachine[/user], I'm pretty sure I was the one that introduced him to the site.
I hounded him constantly during IT classes at college. Shame those groups are now dead.

There's also quite a few others out there. And you know who you are. Y u no talk to me?

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
I don't post/take part in near enough conversations to have any Escapist friends... Which kind of saddens me really.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
TheFunPolice said:
Binnsyboy said:
TheFunPolice said:
I don't really post enough for anybody to really know who I am T_T

However I had a little bonding with Binnsyboy when we were discusssing our admiration for the Red Hot Chili Peppers ^_^ It was nice to find somebody who loved them as much as I do :D
Aw yeah, brofist!

Now I feel more than a little guilty saying Elementary_Dear_Watson. Gonna rock Escapism UK!

Guy's brilliant. Also, dat 'tache.

I am genuinely touched that your first thought was me, though.
I feel cheated and alone.
But... AH LOVE YOU! D:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
[user]Binnsyboy[/user] is my number one friend on here... mostly because we chat on facebook too, and we have a lot of similar interests! He also was the one who invited me into the Brovengers, and got me into the shitcast/podcasts on this site! Really looking forward to having a pint with the guy at Escapism next year! :D

Then there is the rest of the Brovengers (of course) especially Fiz_the_toaster and Daystar Clarion, and then the guys I met from the Escapism UK group! They are all a great bunch of guys, and the ones I have met makes it even better!
Aw, yeah!

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
Rogue Trooper said:
TheFunPolice said:
Rogue Trooper said:
DIBS!

Silence Friend-man! I called dibs, you're not allowed to have opinions unless I say so.

This is how the concept of "friends" works, right?

Rogue Trooper

Oct 25, 2012
Trololo Punk said:
I don't post/take part in near enough conversations to have any Escapist friends... Which kind of saddens me really.
You're profile pic is the Emblem of the first and only, which is one of my favourite books. Let us talk my friend

Rogue Trooper

Oct 25, 2012
TheFunPolice said:
Rogue Trooper said:
TheFunPolice said:
Rogue Trooper said:
DIBS!

Silence Friend-man! I called dibs, you're not allowed to have opinions unless I say so.

This is how the concept of "friends" work, right?
Don't you mean slavery? Am sorry police but the R train has already left the station.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
No love for me? Fine, I'll see you all burn.
Able Seacat said:
I'm available to be someone's best friend!.. No one?.. So alone...

C'mon, we're gonna go and be really good friends, since no one else values us. You'll be my best friend on the Escapist.
I'll be the little devil on your shoulder.