Who's your country's greatest ally?

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
There's currently a thread going on about who your country's enemy is, so let's make a happy fun time joy thread about who are allies are.

Being in the UK, our people tend to like the Australians, Canadians and New Zealanders the most. Our government seems to be the most intertwined with the EU, and we've still got that
We couldn't be arsed to learn French.
going with the US.....

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Being in Wales, I'll go with Scotland. We then gang up against England together.

Dec 14, 2009
Well the Commonwealth is pretty tight.

Canada is the daughter that actually visits it's mother (Britian).

I suppose the UK can rely on the US, but don't expect an equal stake in the success of any joint venture with the 'America, fuck yeah!' mentality.

Chogg Van Helsing

May 27, 2010
FamoFunk said:
Being in Wales, I'll go with Scotland. We then gang up against England together.
Speaking for Scotland, I shall lend our aid!! lol

And idk, I don't much like America... Germany's cool lol

But I think our government loves america...

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
The US is the UK's ally in the same way that that kid at my old school used to beat me up for my dinner money. I'd say in terms of actual friendliness, Canada is way better. >:[

Apr 28, 2008
Well, if the US ever got into trouble, the rest of the world would probably be like "Oh look, your getting just what you deserve for being massive assholes."

Which is understandable, we've been pretty big assholes the past 5 or so decades.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Sweden's "allies" (Yes our rivals and allies are pretty much the same countries)

- Norway
- Denmark
- Finland (probably? I'm pretty sure we help each other in different matters)
- Germany (mostly becuase they're like one of our greatest trade partners)
- The EU (ok, Denmark, Finland and Germany belongs to the EU. But I would consider those countries closer allies then other EU countries)
- NATO (NATO has indirectly protected Sweden for a pretty long time)

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Irridium said:
Well, if the US ever got into trouble, the rest of the world would probably be like "Oh look, your getting just what you deserve for being massive assholes."

Which is understandable, we've been pretty big assholes the past 5 or so decades.
I'm not so certain about that. After Hurricane Katrina a ton of countries sent aid to the US and allot of countries supported the US when they invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

megaraccoon

Dec 7, 2010
As a welshman i can say that scotland and ireland are our greatest allys with japan showing a fangirls kind of interest in our sheep loving, coal mining, enormous white genitalia and so on

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
In the USA, our greatest ally since 1949 has been the other nations of NATO.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Well the Commonwealth is pretty tight.

Canada is the daughter that actually visits it's mother (Britian).

I suppose the UK can rely on the US, but don't expect an equal stake in the success of any joint venture with the 'America, fuck yeah!' mentality.
Most Americans realize that without Britain, we'd be in deeper shit then most would think.

That being said, being form the US, I would say Canada and the UK.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Irridium said:

And rather undeserved. I mean, You dont see Americans or anyone else looking at Britain and saying well, thats what you get for your empirical crap when something bad happens. America is just doing what Britain did and the next country that "replaces" the USA as the major superpower will do the same.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Irridium said:

And rather undeserved. I mean, You dont see Americans or anyone else looking at Britain and saying well, thats what you get for your empirical crap when something bad happens. America is just doing what Britain did and the next country that "replaces" the USA as the major superpower will do the same.
The Brits already went through what the Americans are going through - The British Empire had no allies whatsoever, we fought the occasional war alongside people, but no other nation would call us friend.

Although, I'm not anti-American, and if the USA was in need, the UK would certainly be the first to help (Maybe alongside Canada).

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Cmwissy said:
emeraldrafael said:
Irridium said:

The Brits already went through what the Americans are going through - The British Empire had no allies whatsoever, we fought the occasional war alongside people, but no other nation would call us friend.

Although, I'm not anti-American, and if the USA was in need, the UK would certainly be the first to help (Maybe alongside Canada).
I suppose. I dont know, something about leading the revolution industrially in the world and not really going through any hardships SINCE becoming an empire and branching out (besides most of your countries succeeding, but really, what great empires' didnt) as a big negative.

And yeah, I agree, just Like America will jump into (usually, at least today) anything that Britain decides to start and really needs the help. Canadians, I'm not so sure, cause I dont know if there's been a precedent for it. I'm not one of those America is the greatest place ever Americans, but it is rather unfair of other countries to criticize simply cause they were never in the same position.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
As a resident of Scotland, I would have to say Ireland and Wales. Together, we can crush those tea-drinkers, and their government too! What say you, Ireland and Wales?

...And as a resident of the UK[footnote]After we've overthrown England and declared ourselves the New United Kingdom.[/footnote], I would probably say any country in the Commonwealth.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Lets see, the US's greatest ally? Who do we have here? Canada, Mexico, England, Australia, Japan... Hm...

Kids, I think we're boned... (heh).

But seriously... All of those, plus most of the (other) UN and NATO nations. We make fun sometimes, but you guys rock.
Its good to have friends... and France, heh.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Chogg Van Helsing said:
FamoFunk said:
Speaking for Scotland, I shall lend our aid!! lol

And idk, I don't much like America... Germany's cool lol

But I think our government loves america...
Bring it...

OT, I guess the US is the UK's greatest ally. I didn't say I liked it but that's the way it is...