Who's your country's greatest ally?

AdmanUK

Mar 27, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Irridium said:
Well, if the US ever got into trouble, the rest of the world would probably be like "Oh look, your getting just what you deserve for being massive assholes."

Which is understandable, we've been pretty big assholes the past 5 or so decades.
And rather undeserved. I mean, You dont see Americans or anyone else looking at Britain and saying well, thats what you get for your empirical crap when something bad happens. America is just doing what Britain did and the next country that "replaces" the USA as the major superpower will do the same.
Thing is, aside from Africa and India our empire was founded mostly on discovery and we were nice to the countries we owned at the time. You won't hear many Indian people saying "Bastard British" all the time :\

Not that I am saying the US is the great satan or anything, don't get me wrong, but you guys do have a bad habit of going into a country, blowing everything up and wondering why people are pissed.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
FamoFunk said:
Being in Wales, I'll go with Scotland. We then gang up against England together.
that's not fair at all, you have Immortals in your side, for god's sake

as for me, silly Argentinian I am, our ally would be Brazil...

yeah

(shit, even Chile, our 'bro' Country is allied with USA)

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
We don't really have any allies in the USA. Most people resent us too much. Maybe the British? Historically speaking, it's problem them. Well, in the 20th-21st Centuries at any rate.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
As an Irishman, I feel awkward saying this but, but Britian and particularly England are probably our best buds. Although Americans love us for their outdated notion of us being some kind of rural, drink loving potato people (a half truth at best), but one we're happy for them to have.

Although when it really mattered this year (The Eurovision Song Contest) Israel gave us the most votes........ Who knows?

EDIT:
Drake_Dercon said:
Shi Shi said:
Usa? no one. no one likes us XD
Don't worry, your buddy Canada's still here.

Of course, we're probably the one who makes the most snide remarks behind your back as well.

The whole world's like a family. America's the stuck-up one who got rich and a long time ago through questionably legal means, and only now is beginning to fail and realize its supremacy isn't absolute. It's always the first to show up to parties, even if they aren't going to be very good. Then it makes them good (or tries really hard to do so).

Canada is the suck-up who wants to try to get in on some of other people's action while coasting around and playing guitar.
.... I have never heard world politics surmised in such a succint and logical way. Who's Ireland out of curiosity?

AdmanUK

Mar 27, 2009
The best way to describe the relationship between the US and the UK...

http://mimg.ugo.com/201008/54212/cuts/zapp-and-kif_288x216.jpg

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
We love the Canadians. Seriously, our two nations get along like two peas in a pod.

Brits are alright, too. And New Zealand's like our cousin - there's some rivalry there, but we're still family.

Irridium said:
Well, if the US ever got into trouble, the rest of the world would probably be like "Oh look, your getting just what you deserve for being massive assholes."

Which is understandable, we've been pretty big assholes the past 5 or so decades.
Yeah, that whole eagle, flag, God Bless America, and American Exceptionalism [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Exceptionalism] thing? You can't deny that it would get on everyone else's nerves after a while. There are plenty of good people over there, but - and nothin' personal here - the national image just pisses everyone off. :/

Combined said:
Well, I assume that Latvia would be our greatest ally. Essentially the same country with the same people, except that somewhere down the long, winding trail of history, some guy got hit in the head with a rock and forgot how to speak Lithuanian properly.

Besides that, probably... Sweden? They're okay. We don't have that many allies.
From what I've read, Lithuania's enemies have always been pretty much boned any time you guys got mad enough to do something about it.

Then again, I haven't read a whole lot, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Shade184 said:
From what I've read, Lithuania's enemies have always been pretty much boned any time you guys got mad enough to do something about it.

Pretty much. Mongols? Punched in the face. Russians? We threw their Spetsnaz and riot control out without weapons. Teutons? Kinda dead because of us. And so on and so on.

Also, our other greatest allies? The Czech Republic and Hungary. Those are swell guys.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Anarchemitis said:

...I don't know. Greenland I guess.
I have always loved that picture.

But Don't forget our other NAFTA allies:

http://beardrevue.blogspot.com/2008/12/mexico-americas-beard.html

Dammit, Mexico, America's Beard.

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
Canada In practice USA
In theory England

In my particular area though the USA screwed us over and the only one keeping my town alive is China

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Most powerful or most reliable and consistent?

Australia's most powerful ally is the US. (We're their most consistent ally. We've gone to nearly every one of their wars/police actions/invasions/liberations.)

However, our most reliable and consistent ally is New Zealand.

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
Combined said:
Shade184 said:

Pretty much. Mongols? Punched in the face. Russians? We threw their Spetsnaz and riot control out without weapons. Teutons? Kinda dead because of us. And so on and so on.

Also, our other greatest allies? The Czech Republic and Hungary. Those are swell guys.
Aaaaaand now I remember why I wanted to visit Lithuania, before I had to drop out of uni (and in the confusion of it all, forgot about most of my other long-term goals as well). Maybe it's in my blood, old allies passed down from generation to generation - I'm a quarter Hungarian.

It's kind of a shame. Most people I know wouldn't have even heard of the country, and yet wasn't it one of the biggest European empires at one point in time? I need to hit up my old history books again.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The Netherlands don't have any allies, all we have are masters and we're their little lapdogs.

Except for Belgium.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
SL33TBL1ND said:
I'm Australian and I can't see any allies helping us if we asked.
The kiwis would, they've always been good like that. The last thing they want is for Australia to go tits up and find several million Aussies on their doorstep.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
SL33TBL1ND said:
I'm Australian and I can't see any allies helping us if we asked.
We would. Americans would have no one to obsess over (Some women still swoon for an Australian accent, despite the end of the Paul Hogan era) or places to SCUBA dive in December. Well, except South America...

Aur0ra145 said:
The United States of America, being that I'm from Texas.
We did save your ass from the Mexicans.