Who's your favirote Musican/Band and what's your favorite song by them?

Jabbo_MC

Jun 30, 2014
My favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers and my favorite song by them is Wet Sand. If you haven't heard it you really should give it a listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWNDW5KtiKk

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Thats really hard for me. So I am cheating. I have three bands, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, and Sabaton. Even then its hard because they all have songs I love, so here are songs I really like, but might not be my favorite due to fluidity.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I'm not sure how to answer for I never really have a "favorite" band (I usually get an album, abuse the hell out of it until I find a new album to listen to, and go on from there).

Currently, my favored song (though not my favorite artist...though that may change once the record this single sits on comes out...)

The current album I am abusing the hell out of is two-fold but both are not what I would consider my favorite band. The albums are Papa Roach's "Connection" and Three Days Grace "Transit of Venus".

I suppose if I HAD to declare a favored artist, it would be the band that I own all their albums for AND I don't hate any of them (Sorry Linkin Park but your old stuff is far better than the new stuff) :D

Well that was fun! So....uh.......hope that answers the question....maybe?

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
My favorite artist has become Shiina Ringo surprisingly as I'm totally a classic rock guy. She writes and composes her music. When she performs, she needs an orchestra with her because she uses pretty much every instrument imaginable. She also created and headed a rock band called Tokyo Jihen, which is easily the best rock band since the classic rock era; the use of bass and keyboards hasn't been heard since the classic rock era.

Here's Shiina Ringo song:

And, here's a Tokyo Jihen song:

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
My favorite artist changes on a monthly basis, my favorite song changes on a weekly. So I'm just going to do my current favorite song.

I'm currently loving everything about the song. The lyrics in particular are really awesome. Hard to believe I used to despise this band and now I listen to them non-stop.

Some close runner ups would be.

thatonedude11

Mar 6, 2011
My favorite band would probably have to be The Project Hate MCMXCIX. They are a satanic industrial death metal band, and are really damn good. So good in fact, that I have a hard time figuring out my favorite song. If I had to pick though, I would probably go with Burn, of of the album Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate.

Runner up would probably be Queen, with my favorite song being Bohemian Rhapsody. Because of course it is.

Other runner ups, in no particular order:

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well, choosing just one band is a bit difficult, but Bathory is always the first name that pops into mind, so I guess I'll go with that. Favourite song is less difficult, since Bathory has an easy magnum opus for me. I love almost all of Bathory's discography, including the trashy little thrash albums of the mid 90's, but Hammerheart, this song in particular, stands as the crowning jewel of Quorthon's work as far as I'm concerned, and a must-listen to anyone who has any interest in pagan or epic metal of any kind.

The build up, the crack of the guitars as they first kick in, Quorthon's rough unpolished viking-esque vocals, the sense of emotion throughout the song, the thunderous "FIRE" that leads to the guitar lead. It's just fucking majesty and still gives me goosebumps after years of listening to it.

Oct 2, 2012
Oh this is a toughie. Pretty much every band or artists I listen to is a favorite of mine :p
I guess I'll go with the one thats been on my favorite list for the longest and that would be In Flames.
I've been listening to their material and loving it for over a decade.
My favorite song by them won't be so hard to choose. Even though I love pretty much every song they've made one in particular has burrowed itself deep into my heart.
They might not be the best Metal band and that might not be their best song but they're favorites of mine.

I'm also going to cheat a bit and add a second group. They're the newest to join my list of favorites and I figured I'd put them in since I put the oldest in.

Steam Powered Giraffe - Honeybee

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
My all time favourite would probably be Fleetwood Mac, their music never gets old for me.

Favourite song?
Oh, I can't chose, there's so many.
As far as listening time goes, probably 'Rhiannon' and 'Gold Dust Woman.'

Can I just say all of Rumours?

'Big Love' too, oh, I could be here a while, best to stop now.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Damn that's a tough one, for me that practically changes based on the wind.
And the song is The Punk and the Godfather
And the song is Tranquilize
And the song is Clint Eastwood
Some easy runners up would be...

I am a strange individual.

K-lusive

May 15, 2014
Madame_Lawliet said:
(...)
More (...)

I am a strange individual.
Gorillaz is always a win. Besides, having only one favorite would make you strange rather than having a diverse taste in music.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None

The band and song that got me into music in the first place. It was also the first CD I ever bought. The thing that actually got my attention about it was that I found the flying pig funny.

And I still consider 7-year-old me to be less wierd than I am now.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
It's a close one, but I'm going to have to go with The Mars Volta:

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
K-lusive said:
Infected Mushroom is still my favorite artist. Their favorite track of mine:
Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight
You sir are a good man! I love IM too, and Heavyweight is also my favourite track!

IM made a post on FB a while back asking what the fans would like to be known as. Being a military type I jumped in pretty early and said 'The Mushroom Army' would be appropriate. Next thing you know IM released info on their latest album called Army of Mushrooms! I can't prove it, but I like to think I was part of that naming in one way or another!

Also, if you look at the link you posted, and notice everything after the '=' in the YouTube address. If you do [ youtube=XXX ] replacing the XXX with the code after the '=' and removing the spaces between the brackets it will embed the video. If you quote this post you can see how I did it with yours above.

OT: I don't have a single favourite band or artist. I flit between genres and musicians like there is no tomorrow, but find myself landing back to certain ones over again.

If I were to pick a few of these artists and my favourite tracks from them, some would be:

I also really like this:
at the moment.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Madame_Lawliet said:
Have you heard the G-Sides album? It's really good, and has the first recorded version of Clint Eastwood, with Phi Life Cypher doing the vocals. They are more raw than the Del The Funky Homosapien version, but the editing is good, and there is a lot more going on with the tune. It also has the track 'The Sounder' on which is another good trip into Hip Hop.

Another Gorrilaz gem that was largely missed was Laika Come Home, which was an album released by The Space Monkeys. It is a remix album of Gorillaz's self-titled album, but all the tracks are in a reggae/dub style. It's really good!

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
thatonedude11 said:
I love you.

OT: Pretty easy choice for me. While there are obviously hundreds of songs I love, this one stands out above all else.

K-lusive

May 15, 2014
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
K-lusive said:
Infected Mushroom is still my favorite artist. Their favorite track of mine:
Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight
Snip (That's the tradition on here is it, replacing irrelevant content with 'snip')

Also, if you look at the link you posted, and notice everything after the '=' in the YouTube address. If you do [ youtube=XXX ] replacing the XXX with the code after the '=' and removing the spaces between the brackets it will embed the video. If you quote this post you can see how I did it with yours above.

More snip
Ah thanks! I'd been searching the forum for a markup reference, but couldn't find youtube/video tags, or how to title my spoilers.
I suppose I could've quoted someone to find out, but this works :D

May as well try it out
First song I heard from this guy, got me hooked right off the bat

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
My favourite band is... I don't know. But I'll go with Yes this time. See my avatar.

I love songs that change and build up a lot. Where it sounds loud and proud, offers something different, and would be great to see live. I found this one not too long ago, and I have to say, it's amazingly powerful.

Sometimes these songs take me awhile to get into. My head just can't take it all in. This one took about 10 tries. I knew I liked it for something.