Who's your favirote Musican/Band and what's your favorite song by them?

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Madame_Lawliet said:
And the song is Clint Eastwood
Have you heard the G-Sides album? It's really good, and has the first recorded version of Clint Eastwood, with Phi Life Cypher doing the vocals. They are more raw than the Del The Funky Homosapien version, but the editing is good, and there is a lot more going on with the tune. It also has the track 'The Sounder' on which is another good trip into Hip Hop.

Another Gorrilaz gem that was largely missed was Laika Come Home, which was an album released by The Space Monkeys. It is a remix album of Gorillaz's self-titled album, but all the tracks are in a reggae/dub style. It's really good!
I do own G-sides, and while I really like the PhiLife Cypher version, I tend to prefer Del's style of delivery, plus it's the one I heard first so there's that element of nostalgia in there for me; and yes I have heard The Sounder, great track as well!
I've heard of Laika Come Home but I've never gotten around to actually listening to it, it does sound really cool though so I'll have to correct that.

K-lusive said:
Gorillaz is always a win. Besides, having only one favorite would make you strange rather than having a diverse taste in music.
Very true on both accounts, I've always felt that only listening to one type of music would be a bit like eating only one type of food, just seems like it'd get stale after too long.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I decided to choose a favorite song a few years ago. I've had a favorite band for a long time and it's Iron Maiden. They are the ones my dad listened to when I was young and they've stuck with me since. Sure there are bands I listen more to at the moment but Maiden are the ones I always go back to when I "have nothing to listen to" and to put out so many good albums for so long is a feat nothing short of amazing!
The song I choose all those years ago is "The Number of the Beast" I always liked it and even if I really like some of their longer songs this one has always had that something.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Sunrider said:
thatonedude11 said:
I love you.

OT: Pretty easy choice for me. While there are obviously hundreds of songs I love, this one stands out above all else.

The singer in my band is really really into anything Devin Townsend and everytime I hear his work I think how much I need to really dive into it.

Anyway.

Oceansize

]

Honourable mention to Woman (Reading) by La Dispute coming a close second.

It's a really hard question though..

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Impossible to name just one.

And the list could go on & on, never limit yourself to one. Broaden your horizons.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009

I've seen them live twice, and it's mind blowing. After the second time I felt like I'd run 10 miles. Their music really comes to their own live. I absolutely adore their music, and can't wait for their next album.

But oddly enough, they haven't made my favorite album, and neither is my favorite song by them. Those titles belong to Equilibrium with their album Rekreatur, and the masterpiece that finishes the album, Kurzes Epos.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
Mr Fixit said:
Impossible to name just one.
Totally agree with you here!
Alright, for me it would be

And these are just off the top of my head it's impossible for me to really decide what songs i like the most, one day it's one song, other day, it's another.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

The hypnotic quality to this song is amazing.

Not the best they ever made, but it just makes me so happy.

Because Blur.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
It depends on how my mood is that day.

If I'm bright and happy, then my favorite band is Blank Banshee and their best song is "Paradise Disc".

If I'm content, then Aphex Twin is my favorite and his best song is "Windowlicker".

If I'm motivated, then Jon Hopkins is crowned king and his song "Open Eye Signal" is his best song.

If I'm feeling kind of light-headed and low-functioning, then Jon Hopkins remains the best and his song "Light Through The Veins" is the best thing.

If I'm neutral, then Atra Aeterna is my favorite and his best song is "Spiders".

If I'm feeling a bit down, then Florence + the Machine is my favorite and their best song is "Heavy in your Arms" or "Blinding".

If I'm feeling melancholy, then Aphex Twin is my favorite again, and his best song is "".

If I'm positively depressed, then Lana del Rey becomes the best and I never stop listening to "Summertime Sadness" (the original, not the remix).

And lastly, if I'm in one of "those" moods, then Boards of Canada is my favorite and their "song" "The Devil Is In The Details" becomes amazing.

Jul 13, 2010
Radiohead here as well, though technically the Yorke music I'm into the most right now is Atoms For Peace. Still, in terms of overall quality I think Radiohead tops it for me, they've have been absolutely faultless over the past 14 years. My favourite song of their's is a bit harder to pick since it changes so often, but this is as good as any:

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Because Yes is awesome. I am neither a Trooper nor a Generator, but both.
To give a "favorite song" by Yes though, would be disingenuous at best, as their albums are meant to be listened to straight through, as a single experience (not unusual for progressive rock, but doubly true for Yes).

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
I think it would be too hard to pick my favorite song from my favorite musician, so I just chose one of his songs.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
RUSH

Favorite song

The Pass: This song seriously saved my life. The whole album did actually, in a very dark time in my life, but this song specifically helped me get over some shit going on and keep living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cag6P96LRrg

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
now if they could just release time 2 already I need to hear the entire album in full it's just awesome

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have quite a few bands that I really enjoy listening to. Here is a sample of the last 4 bands I have listened to fairly regularly:

I really like music from different countries. I am currently interested in music from the South American countries {in case that wasn't already obvious :) )

das_n00b

Jun 18, 2014
I don't really have just one or two favorite musicians or bands, but I have periods of time where I'm really specific about my taste. As of late I've been digging a lot of hardcore and powerviolence

Good old Minor Threat

I've been really digging this album by PUNCH. They're a great powerviolence band from san francisco.

Ceremony is another california band I've had on heavy rotation as of late.

And last, but not least: DAS Oath.

Directionless

Nov 4, 2013
Radiohead, and by extension, Thom Yorke's work in general (Especially his new band Atoms for Peace)

Favourite song is Reckoner by Radiohead.