Why all the halo haters?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
It all has to do with fanboyism. PC gamers see Halo as the symbol of their obsolescence (Half Life 2 functions pretty well as that symbol, but that's just my opinion) Nintendo and Pony fans see it as the symbol of Microsoft, and people who don't like FPSes see it as the symbol of FPSes.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Really? You just realized this now?

There have been haters since way long ago if other people's posts are credible.

Well come on, haters' gotta hate. I mean, people will hate anything that they believe is more popular than it deserves to be.

Souplex said:
It all has to do with fanboyism. PC gamers see Halo as the symbol of their obsolescence (Half Life 2 functions pretty well as that symbol, but that's just my opinion) Nintendo and Pony fans see it as the symbol of Microsoft, and people who don't like FPSes see it as the symbol of FPSes.
Fixed that for you 'ol Soupy.

thatguy779

Aug 20, 2010
SantoUno said:
Really? There have been haters since way long ago if other people's posts are credible.

Well come on, haters gotta hate. I mean, people will hate anything that they believe is more popular than it deserves to be.
I know there have been always haters. What I'm asking is why are they hating on halo and why are they hating it now?

Iffat Nur

Aug 13, 2010
Its not like Modern Warfare 2 is getting away scot free. Hell, take each user score, and Halo was better.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Honestly, I enjoy Halo. I enjoy it, I don't think it's an amazing game though.

People hating it really just haven't given it a chance.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
thatguy779 said:
SantoUno said:
Really? There have been haters since way long ago if other people's posts are credible.

Well come on, haters gotta hate. I mean, people will hate anything that they believe is more popular than it deserves to be.
I know there have been always haters. What I'm asking is why are they hating on halo and why are they hating it now?
Please search, this is only the 1 millionith topic as to why people hate halo. I have hated it since halo 2 so no, people are not coming out of nowhere.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Halo is popular. There are a lot of people who will hate on popular stuff just because it's popular. Look at any media, and you can find people hating on the popular stuff just because it's there. Maybe they're sick of hearing about it all the time. Maybe they're just petty. I don't know why they do it, but they do.

That's not to be confused with people who actually give Halo a fair shot to entertain them and simply don't enjoy the game. People such as me, for example. I bought Halo, I played it, I didn't like it and I wouldn't (and haven't) bought another game in the series since.

Oh yeah, there's a lot of haters now because a new Halo game is coming out soon, so the time for hating is now.

Aug 1, 2010
I believe it comes from the fact that there are QUITE a few little kids yelling "HALO IS THE SHIT!!! EVERYTHING ELSE SUXXORS!!!" everywhere, and that alone draws a lot of negative attention.

Dabox1

Jul 16, 2010
Because when something is popular, there's gonna be about 2 people to hate on it for every 1 person that enjoys it, welcome to the internet

righthead

Sep 3, 2009
I haven't seen halo attacked, then again I dislike FPSes in general, still if I had to guess it's probably all the 8th grade boys who do nothing but play the game and grief people

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Actually there is a fan group for halo, There is a lot of love right now if you ask me..http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Halo-Fans -Made by Pimppetter2
Soylent Bacon said:
Why all the "Why all the hate" threads?

I don't hate Halo or its fans, but I got bored with it at Halo 3. I just ignore any Halo-related news.
I don't know if that would be Ironic that your now commenting on a halo related thread... but I feel the same.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Because the user practically invites that kind of person by creating such a thread.

I've never been a huge fan of Halo, because I did find it to be so very average, nothing special in terms of gameplay or story, and yet it was scoring highly and doing very well.

I don't so much hate it, as find it overrated I'd say.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Soylent Bacon said:
Why all the "Why all the hate" threads?
And why all the hate on those "Why all the hate" threads?
Why all the hate on the "Why all the hate" posts on the "Why all the hate" threads? OOOOH NO INFINITE LOOOP AAAAAHHHH!!!!

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
It spawned a whole new level of "gamers [but not really]"...instead of the fast paced games like Quake that were very competitive and for the most part, too fast paced for 90% of MW2 players, it was a slow generic "alien shooter"...

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
thatguy779 said:
Halo was the first xbox game ever.
So?

If halo didn't exist, then the xbox would not exist which means we would probably not have most of the 360 exclusives we know today. ex: gears of war,crackdown,and a bunch of other games I forget.
I would have preferred Epic to have made Unreal Tournament 3 as good as the original and 2004 rather than Gears of War.

We might not even have 1st person shooters on a console since halo was the first console shooter that worked right.

Halo is a good all round shooter with an interesting background story.
It was a good enough shooter that was nothing special compared to the other shooters I was playing at the time. As for interesting background story, yeah it's pretty good, too bad for it that I found the story in the game itself to be boring.

I am asking why are there suddenly halo haters coming out of no where? When halo 3 was the most played game on xbox live, there was barely any haters in my opinion(at least they were not very obvious).
Welcome to the internet. Ever since the original Halo came out there have been a lot of haters. Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there.

Everybody used to praise halo for it's awesome multiplayer
I like Unreal Tournament far more, but yes, the multiplayer was quite awesome. Especially 4-player split-screen Halo 2 at my mates place.

,single player, and awesome main character in the form of Master chief.
Single player was ok. Sort of. Not really. I dislike the campaign of Halo because it wasn't fun or exciting to me. The only thing I found fun was pistol whipping Hunters to death, nothing else. As for the Master Chief, no, I don't think he's awesome. None of my Halo loving mates ever said he was awesome. He's just a dude in a suit of power armour shooting things. There's nothing particularly memorable about him in the games themselves, and compared to other FPS heroes like Duke Nukem he's entirely forgettable.

Then suddenly after modern warfare 2 comes out, the forums are filled with people hating on halo.
There was always Halo hate. You're just frigging blind or something to not have noticed all the hate since the original Halo came out.

Come on people! Just because halo 3 is not the most played game on xbox live anymore doesn't mean that we are supposed to hate on it. Halo 3 is still the 2nd most played game on xbox live anyway.Halo 2 was the most played game on original xbox until it got shutdown. Modern warfare 2 might not exist without halo! Hopefully when halo reach comes out,this hate will come to an end. This is just my opinion though.
The hate will continue for a long time to come. A very, very long time to come. And for many, many different reasons. People like hating on things, ya know?

So what do you have to say about this?
Already said it all.

Also no, I am not a halo fanboy, I'm just sick of all the haters and I'm wondering why they decided to attack halo now.
As I said above, the hate has been going for years now.