Why am I an apparent gay asshole because i like naruto

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
ok this is really bugging me, in late 2005 i created an xbox live account and named it Naruto fan 2006 (yeah....i was retarded). skip ahead to now and people still hate me for likeing a show, from 2007 to today i didn't watch naruto at all. and to get peope to shut up i would say i hate it now, but sometimes that phrase goes in one ear and out the other. i watched the pilot for it i im enjoying it again. alot of the time i encountered people saying that im a Japanease Fag**t or a (???) chinese asshole (???), is it because those people are not from america? it pisses me off. and this only happened on the xbox360 WTF. so i want to know, why is it that if i like a show and they don't they have to be a dick about it. im most likely going to chang my name but....NO im going to keep my name, its none of there concern what i enjoy. so in short, why is this a problem with so many people?

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Well, just remember that you're dealing with the XBox Live community. If it weren't for your Username, they would call you a Jew fag instead of a Japanese fag.

It's just a bunch of prepubescent dicks hyped up on a mixture of Monster Energy Drink, Mountain Dew, and anonymity. I wouldn't let them get to you, if I were you.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Well, its a stupid name and if I saw you, Id be weary of an annoying kid. I wouldnt be a jerk though, unless you proved my assumption correct.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Because mammals exist.

Real answer: Naruto tends to be a massive target for flame. The only thing I can think of that causes ignorant people to rage over even more would probably be being of a different religion, and mentioning it. So, having a name based around it tends to get their panties in a twist immediately!

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Might be time to change your gamertag. Complaining about being flamed with a tag like that would be like complaining about the noise because you moved next to the bomb range from Mythbusters.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Because naming yourself "Naruto" in any game and adding the year of making the account into the nickname is asking to be treated like an 8 year old who's just discovered the Internet.

You might as well get a furry avatar with a swastika and a signature making fun of gay people.

Just change your account name. I would be embarrassed having to log on such an account.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Well, speaking from someone who is not a big fan of the show. I would have to say it represents all that people who don't like anime see is bad in anime. The characters grate really quickly (believe it), the action makes little sense, and, this is a personal peeve, what ninja wears an Orange Jumpsuit!?

I'm not a fan (obviously) but, being that I hate the live community, I strive not to act like them, I would probably onlys say bad things about you to my friends in a private chat, I'm sure you're a perfectly fine person IRL, but your gamertag does kind of present an obvious target. You have to understand that the typical Xbox live community is mainly a western thing, so JRPGs and Animes and Mangas better steer clear from our HAL0EZ AND KAL UV DOODYS, BCUz U R SOO GAY FO LICKING TAHT STOFF! LOL LOL LOL!

All I'm saying is the Live crowd, hates and fears that which is different.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
XBL is full of immature retards and you liked something that isn't full of testosterone and swearing.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Snarky Username said:
Well, just remember that you're dealing with the XBox Live community. If it weren't for your Username, they would call you a Jew fag instead of a Japanese fag.

It's just a bunch of prepubescent dicks hyped up on a mixture of Monster Energy Drink, Mountain Dew, and anonymity. I wouldn't let them get to you, if I were you.
Yeah, they're a good group *goes into nostalgia for his broken xbox*...

Seriously, what I did, was:
1. Not suck at video games (always helps)
2. Have a really weird (mine was randomly generated) name

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
It's Xbox Live and people are ass holes there because of the anonymity it provides. Just change the name unless you like complaining about things

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Yeah well, everyone calls me a girl, even when I play male characters, due to my own name all along Xbox live n.n;;