Why am I an apparent gay asshole because i like naruto

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Naruto is the punching bag of most anime fans, so it seems nowhere you go your gonna get your picked on for your name

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
No you're not because I love Naruto and I'm none of those things. People, however, are jerks blah blah blah. You've already heard everything I was going to say.

I must admit though, making that your name was a little...silly.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
I absolutely hate Naruto, but that's just your opinion, doesn't mean that your gay, or an asshole...despite the fact that Naruto is himself a gay asshole. OH SNAP! BURN!

In all seriousness, don't take it too harshly. As Snarky Username already said, they're just dicks.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
X-Box Live is one of the many places in existance that will ridicule, and insult you no matter the reason.

I have a fairly normal Gamertag, and because I don't usually talk unless my team is formulating a strategy I'm usually left alone. However I have never had a single game where someone wasn't made fun of for their name (I've even seen some people get kicked because of their name). If they aren't making fun of your name then they're making fun of your voice, or your skill, or anything else they believe to be wrong with you. If it bothers you that much then change your Gamertag.

My real advice is to ignore them, if they don't shut up then mute them.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Old Trailmix said:
What? Just change your gamertag dude.
costs $7 just to change your name. I would never pay for that.

Two answers: one, there are trolls
two, use the mute button and the quality of your life will increase

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
To be completely honest, I've never heard a valid reason for people hating Naruto. Ever. I mean if it's just not someone's style, I get that, but I've never heard anyone give me an actual good reason why it sucks. Unfortunately, this means that most people who hate Naruto (especially on a community like Xbox Live) will also be irrational enough to hate you for liking it. Naruto is kind of like JRPGs and Halo, I suppose: it's quite good, but people hate it because it's cool to hate.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Welcome to X-Box Live, the only place that will give you more abuse than being an idiot on 4Chan.

Mute everyone and evrything. It's the only way to save your sanity.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
That's funny because on PSN I've seen more than a few people with anime names (including naruto) and no one has made a peep.
Though that might be because less people have the microphone for PSN. Maybe that was a smart move after all sony.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
I think the better question is why did you need to create a thread about it? You're dealing with 12-year olds on xbox live and most of them will insult most people for having a name showing that they like something. Same thing with youtube accounts on youtube. Either put up with it and report people as they comment or just change your gamertag.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Sober Thal said:
American shows didn't have that awkward kiss scene, (and the voice overs were really bad) and for Americans, most shows would have had Naruto and Sakura, or at least Hinata, have a romantic role shown with Naruto by now. Since they haven't, people might think the bro-mance is rather gay.

Plus it doesn't help when the beginning was really cool, yet did a 180 on the story since they decided to suck as much money and time for the series as possible.

That being said.... The anime is at the start of the best few episodes right now, and the manga failed the last few, but might be really good again as far as now goes.

Plus people love to hate things that many people love.
A friend told me it was good so I watched it for a while and found that the show deserves a record for the least story told in the space of half an hour. Seriously. Nothing happens like 90% of the time. I was amazed when the credits started rolling, remember the episode with the exam? It was mostly Naruto panicing and one or two of the class showing how they cheat. I found i couldn't watch the rest of it knowing i had to watch 10 episodes to be told anything of value.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
reecedempsey said:
because some people cant understand a story other than
BIG BUTCH MAN STABBING MONSTER TO DEATH THEN JIZZING IN IT'S WOUNDS
...yes, obviously. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to cough up some blood from the sheer amount of sarcasm that was put in to those two words

Anyway on topic:
ninonybox360 said:
Your asking why people are doing that on Xbox live? ...really?

Counterwise

May 1, 2010
First of all, if your name contains any anime character I am not surprised. I usually avoid those vegetaSSC12!!11one type names too. It just shows about the user. If your mad enough to start putting anime names in online communities with nothing to do with anime, then you are just showing that you are immature, unoriginal and a rabid fan of the cartoon.
Nobody likes rabid fans of anything.
Now i read the translated mangas but don't make a big deal out of them, just a bit of entertainment.

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Naruto seems to get hated on a lot. I don't think it's the greatest anime, but I don't know why people pick on it. Add the Xbox Live community and it would be even worse. They are just horrible for no established reason, and if I were you I wouldn't change the name because you would be giving in. Stand strong!

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
It's an easy thing to hate. Granted the English version is awkward and poorly dubbed, but that's only if you watch it in English. I prefer the sub, though these days I just read the manga when it comes out.

People that hate on Naruto are the same people who religiously hate on Twilight. It's an easy target, [not that I'm putting the two in the same category], but you understand what I'm saying. There are a lot of animes that are far more "childish" and "gay" than Naruto, but Naruto is much more popular and thus gets more attention. Bleh.

Plus 90% of the XBOX Live community is comprised of twats, as everyone's pointing out. It's half the reason I don't game online.

Moral of the story... Like what you like. I like Naruto and I'm not a gay asshole. I'm a lady.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
If you hate the show, why did you choose that gametag? Just change it.

Also, people hate on Naruto for probably the same reasons they do any other animes that have frankly very little reason to exist (some fantard got himself killed over it, though that's not really the first time it's happened but it was the first time to have such an incident in the media).

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
WOW! Is it really that bad on Xbox Live? Not much you can do except change your name or mute everyone if possible. But still that's ridiculous, isn't anyone watching over the servers or anything?

Thaius said:
To be completely honest, I've never heard a valid reason for people hating Naruto. Ever. I mean if it's just not someone's style, I get that, but I've never heard anyone give me an actual good reason why it sucks. Unfortunately, this means that most people who hate Naruto (especially on a community like Xbox Live) will also be irrational enough to hate you for liking it. Naruto is kind of like JRPGs and Halo, I suppose: it's quite good, but people hate it because it's cool to hate.
I'm not sure if you wanted an answer to why so many people hate it but the reasons I keep getting are because there are so many fillers, flash backs, explanations, cliche's, over-used sad life story's and because the characters can just be annoying sometimes. Not only that but some people dislike it because it's nothing like real ninja fighting and that it's just another silly childrens show.

Frankly it's all true but I like it still, it has it's moments, some of the best anime fight scenes I have ever seen come from Naruto and I reckon some of the characters are awesome with there over-powered techniques.