Why are people hyping up The Emoji Movie?

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Parasondox said:
RaikuFA said:
Parasondox said:
How about this? Sometimes actors want to have fun and do silly movies from time to time.

Also the reason why people hate movies like these is because sometimes people have nothing else better to do with their lives so they look for something to hate and attach themselves to it. Each day I always question why people take a piece of media and lose their shit over it. It doesn't affect you. Some will enjoy it, others won't. Do not take it serious.

Then again that frustration was carried on from the other thread where some **** praised the death of someone just for a fucking movie.
Who did that for what?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.951249-Zack-Snyder-stepping-down-as-director-due-to-family-tragedy#23978903

You will see the comment in there.
How big are your boots, Para?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Gordon_4 said:
Parasondox said:
RaikuFA said:
Parasondox said:
How about this? Sometimes actors want to have fun and do silly movies from time to time.

Also the reason why people hate movies like these is because sometimes people have nothing else better to do with their lives so they look for something to hate and attach themselves to it. Each day I always question why people take a piece of media and lose their shit over it. It doesn't affect you. Some will enjoy it, others won't. Do not take it serious.

Then again that frustration was carried on from the other thread where some **** praised the death of someone just for a fucking movie.
Who did that for what?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.951249-Zack-Snyder-stepping-down-as-director-due-to-family-tragedy#23978903

My boots?

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Parasondox said:
Gordon_4 said:
Parasondox said:
RaikuFA said:
Parasondox said:

Who did that for what?

My boots?
Well mine are Size 12, but if yours are bigger we'll kick them in bollocks with your boots rather than mine.

Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Gordon_4 said:
Parasondox said:
Gordon_4 said:
Parasondox said:
RaikuFA said:
Parasondox said:

Who did that for what?

My boots?
Well mine are Size 12, but if yours are bigger we'll kick them in bollocks with your boots rather than mine.

Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
Size 13 and I get ya.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Parasondox said:
RaikuFA said:
Parasondox said:

Who did that for what?

We get people like this all the time on here. There was one guy who was making death threats against people who liked JRPG's because he had a hate boner for the japanese. All the mod staff did was edit his posts and warned/banned anyone who called him out on his attitude. Seeing shit like that dumbest reminds me of people like I just mentioned.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Parasondox said:

As long as they don't go and directly harrass or attack the people involved (or make stupid comments like that last example), they can lose their shit inside their echo chambers as much as they like.

As a side note, when it comes to actual criticism, just being a piece of media doesn't give a free from jail card to the creators of the later (specially with something with this budget). Watch the trailer and look what's happening in the background. Someone took their job seriously enough to have it to make sense and keep things happening even when they aren't the focus of the scene.

And then there is the marketing:

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
It's the new low... I guess. Just browse the animation for kids -section of a streaming service and you'll find tons of low-quality cash grab shit that kids might want to watch anyway. However, this cash grab shit is getting a theatrical release. Anyway, I would personally end my friendship with anyone going to see this crap with a genuine expectation of liking it (joke's on me if it actually ends up being okay). Needless to say I want it to go down in history as a lesson LEARNED.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
It's not so much the movie itself, though it does look terrible. Then again we shouldn't really expect anything better from Sony Pictures (they're also responsible for Angry Birds and both Smurfs movies).

It's the whole mental image of a bunch of white, Cuban cigar smoking suits throwing six or seven original/promising ideas down the drain in favor of this. That and movies like Inside Out, Zootopia and Moana have set the bar really high. This doesn't even look like it's trying.

Also Patrick Stewart is playing a literal pile of shit. And that's something I never thought I'd say.

Hollywood

May 28, 2017
I think it looks cute. I'm definitely checking it out the weekend it opens. What can I say? I'm a kid at heart. lol

I think people hate it because the concept seems silly and shallow. They're expecting little plot, with the novelty of the emojis carrying the movie.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Go see the movie AND then critique it, if it's rubbish then at least you have a leg to stand on. If on the other hand it doesn't look like your thing then don't go and see it, all these folks making judgement about how this is the worst movie ever, the death of Hollywood, how the very existence of THIS movie some how means that better movies would never have had a chance is just stupid.

I just think a lot of haters want to get in on the ground floor to be seen as contrarian because they know that this movie will make an awful lot of money from the popcorn flick demographic and in the unlikely event it doesn't make cash they can sit behind their keyboard with a warm self satisfied glow safe in the knowledge that they said from the get go that the movie would suck... you know if that is your thing.