Why Call of Duty may possibly be the best multiplayer shooter.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
If you like grenade spam then yes. I much prefer TF2, however, due to the fact that there is much less grenade spam and you actually gotta figure out how to use your class.

Well, with most classes...

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Pretty much anyone can pick up a sausage roll and eat it.

Does that make it the best savoury food of all time?
Yes. God help me, I love sausage rolls. http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4869001_f496.jpg

OT: CoD may be more accessible but that doesn't make it the "best". Call me predictable but I'd much rather play a good round of BFBC2 or the more recent BF3 - A much more engaging experience although one with a rather steep learning curve.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
I don't rate it next to Unreal Tournament 2004 in the slightest, there was a damn fine online shooter, plenty of game modes kept it very interesting and there was a crazy amount of skill needed to compete on some deathmatch servers, meanwhile some game modes kept it rather noob friendly.

It's a shame online shooters like it just aren't played anymore, instead they're taken over by the much slower and in my opinion less interesting likes of Call of Duty and Halo.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Redryhno said:
Sure, anyone can pick-up-and-play it, but can they live longer than 3 seconds without being killed by some damn spawner?
i'll rephrase that for you; everyone can pick it up and play it, but can everyone have fun?

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
I absolutely loved MW2. Not quite up there with classics such as CS though, so I wouldn't say it's the best multiplayer shooter around.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Hannibal942 said:
I prefer Battlefield. Wide open engagements with vehicles will always trump CoD's tight, uber-twitch gameplay.
i prefer section 8. it has wide open maps, jetpacks, and depth

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Sean Hollyman said:
No, I'm not trolling. Yes, I know CoD has a lof of flaws, and is downright stupid at some times. But what makes Call of Duty so great as a multiplayer game is that it's so easy that anyone can play it. You know, not everyone has to be an awesome or regular gamer to play and enjoy a game. Games like Battlefield and Halo are good yes, but I would think that for a casual game night with some family or something, they wouldn't really be suitable.

I'm not saying that CoD is a family game, hell no it isn't, but pretty much anyone can pick it up and play it. My sister (though she sucks) enjoys playing it. My stepdad, who never plays games, enjoys the odd game of CoD. I'm in no way saying it's the best shooter, but it's the overall best multiplayer, because anyone can play and enjoy it. Isn't that what gaming is about? Having fun, playing with people you know, and enjoying it?

TL;DR For people:
CoD is the best multiplayer shooter because pretty much anyone can play it.

Thoughts?
Really? Call of Duty? From 2003?

It's good and all, but best multiplayer shooter of all time is pretty major for a WWII shooter from 8 years ago.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
If you like grenade spam then yes. I much prefer TF2, however, due to the fact that there is much less grenade spam and you actually gotta figure out how to use your class.

Much less grenade spam in TF2. Sure.

Actually I don't really have much to add to be honest, I just thought it was funny that you would say that when entire maps in TF2 are ruined by spamming (I'm looking at you Dustbowl and Goldrush).

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
look the way i see it is

CoD: is the Rambo game where 1 person can do everything. Sometimes thats all you want in a game to be Rambo
Battlefield: Is more Like Delta Force squad based action

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
And pretty much anyone can handle Mario Kart. Therefore it's the best multiplayer experience too.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
It just can't match battlefield. Battlefield forces you to play as a team (to the best it possibly can) in a wide environment. CoD Put you in a group of people who could be considered your team but it's really just every man for himself. Plus the maps are really small and crowded. And who cares if anyone can play? Anyone can play equals games filled with raging douchebags.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
So CoD is bad because of the people who play it...
That's not CoD's fault. I'd say that's on us.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
Troublesome Lagomorph said:

Much less grenade spam in TF2. Sure.

Actually I don't really have much to add to be honest, I just thought it was funny that you would say that when entire maps in TF2 are ruined by spamming (I'm looking at you Dustbowl and Goldrush).
CoD is worse. Ever tried playing Domination when you'd spawn dead because of some dude's grenade that was tossed from across the map? Not a moment goes by when your grenade indicator is NOT being displayed.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
But the same can be said about TF2 or Unreal, anyone can get into it and those are probably easier going since you have mostly splash damage weapons and such. CoD is fine and all just the whole having an accessory that blows you up when you're not there (claymores) cna be really frustrating when those don't know any better.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Pretty much anyone can pick up a sausage roll and eat it.

Does that make it the best savoury food of all time?
Well, it is, but for different reasons

And I give you the following arguments:-

Team Fortress 2

Battlefield 3 (On the PC, it's much easier to play on there)

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
For me, most of my multiplayer experiences in call of duty has been unending frustration. I think that you die just way too quickly for it to be a game that anyway can play.

Eggbert

Jun 9, 2010
I'm gonna disagree. Anyone can play it and have some sort of fun, yes. But that's true of a lot of shooters. TF2 even has this, to some degree. You'll do about as well, at least. That, and the only way I derive entertainment of COD is deliberately drawing attention to my team mates to get them shot while my brother (who owns the game) watches in horror. Basically, the only way I can have fun with it is by trolling people. By contrast, being part of a winning team in TF2 is exhilarating.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
usmarine4160 said:
I think Battlefield is the best multiplayer game simply because it requires more finesse and control. Keeps those casual types out
Also you need to actually work as a team in order to succeed. You wanna be a lone wolf? You're gonna die.