Why Child of Eden Made Me Cry

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Why Child of Eden Made Me Cry

Child of Eden is trippy, gorgeous, and weird, which is why it's so moving.

Read Full Article

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow that trailer alone make me want to buy a 360 just to own that game! It's so mesmerising and the music sounds like the band Genki Rockets (they did the song Heavenly Star in No More Heroes).

hmariey

Mar 15, 2011
The game looks astoundingly beautiful and fun, just wish their demo hadn't been out in the open (I understand why, just wish it hadn't been so could have gotten up the nerve to try it.)

I suspect, if all goes well, it will be another hook for non-gamers and the killer app for the Kinnect. It may even be the one that gets me to convince Shamus to get a Kinnect. Up until now I haven't been interested.

eharriett

Jan 22, 2011
One of those rare games I am actually willing to get on day one. I loved Rez. Loved Space Channel 5 even more. Can't wait for this one. Hope I do not need a Kinect to play it, though.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
eharriett said:
One of those rare games I am actually willing to get on day one. I loved Rez. Loved Space Channel 5 even more. Can't wait for this one. Hope I do not need a Kinect to play it, though.
You don't need one, no.

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
Want. Loved the Rez music so much I play in tourist mode just to hear it, especially the Adam Freeland track.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
dthree said:
Want. Loved the Rez music so much I play in tourist mode just to hear it, especially the Adam Freeland track.
"Fear it's the m'm'm'Mind Killer"
I hear that one in my sleep sometimes. It's just one of those songs that pops into your head from time to time.

I'll probably cry the first time I play Child of Eden too; and this time it wont be because I have a vibrating brick in my crotch.
I would say it's probably THE game I'm most looking forward to right now. Q Entertainment is probably my favorite dev studio. Not all of their games are big but they never fail to entertain.

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
Crimson_Dragoon said:
And game-as-art critics say games can't make people cry. Nonsense, I say!
As a parent, the mall scene of Heavy Rain was one of the most emotionally draining experiences in gaming, and I knew how it ended before I started it.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Wow! So this is how it feels to be trippin' on acid...

I approve!

Black Phoenix

Iridescence
Sep 19, 2010
I made a rule to myself a while ago never to buy a console for a single game, but that trailer may just have changed my mind. Or it would, if I could afford a 360 anytime soon...

eharriett

Jan 22, 2011
Dthree brings up a point I forgot about that I hope is in Child of Eden: Tourist Mode. That really was something about Rez that I loved. The ability to play it for the simple sake of playing it. A feature I think more games should have without needing a cheat code. Sometimes, I like playing the game just to be part of the story. Not often, but sometimes. Now that I think about it, that's one of those times when I feel like playing Rez.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
For some reason this game gives me a sort of Flower vibe from it (which, interestingly enough, also made me cry a bit towards the end. Manly tears.), and apparently it's coming out for the Ps3 as well? I might check it out, but this game was most likely designed for Kinect use. Looks funky, though.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
But....but....I dont WANT to get a kinect! Its just a gimmick! I refuse to believe something good can come of it!!! My worldview! Let it beeeeeeeeeeeeee!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Umm, ok, looks good enough, but I prefer de Blob's music myself. Personal preference, as always, trumps everything else. I haven't played de Blob mind you, but I love the Bamboos.