Why do "realistic" games all feel the need to include the Desert Eagle as a weapon?

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Yea, they're overpriced too. Every gun fanatic i've talked to says they're not very good guns.

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
I use machine pistols, i can carry the DE and hit someone 3 times as they hop around like a *****, or they can hope around like a ***** and the machine pistol sprays EVERYWHERE but the cross hair hitting them enough to kill them. Usually ends with hax being called because the jumping like a ***** tactic failed them. Don't see why semi-auto pistols are IN "realistic" games since all people do is run around knifing people or jumping around in circles thinking they got "skillz". I see someone pull out a pistol i rush them get a knife kill. Pistols=Pointless grab the shotgun

Dr. Dice Lord

Feb 4, 2010
None of those games are all that realistic, really, but, I'm sure its because its the best clip-loading .50 caliber pistol in the world. And after you toss in a couple .9 mills, I feel most games deserve some type of hand-cannon compensation.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
rees263 said:
Ah yes, that famous "realistic" game L4D2...

Andantil said:
Rule of Cool.
also, More dakka.
Exactly [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool]
Though the answer to the OP's question could be found Here [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RareGuns].

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Furburt said:
Corum1134 said:
I own a Desert Eagle and I have a slightly above average penis thank you.

The Eagle expensive, heavy, and kicks like a mule. It is however accurate when used by someone who can use it. It is not an ideal weapon for combat but it is a great hunting handgun.
I have been proven wrong. Well, not really, but to really prove me wrong, you'd have to send me pictures, and I'd prefer to be as far away from pictures of other mens genitalia as possible.

I'm wondering though, how is it good for hunting? I mean, it's so heavy and clunky, readying it quickly is next to impossible, and I can't think of a single feature it has that couldn't already be matched by a large caliber revolver.

spartan231490 said:
Explain to me why people hunt with handguns, i never got it? you get reduced knock down, reduced accuracy, and reduced range. If you want a challenge, why not go with muzzle loader, shotgun, or even archery. I just don't get it.
Backup weapon. You need something you can draw quickly if your gun gets knocked out of your hand and you're facing an angry moose.
I guess thats a, if not THE situation i would wish to have a Eagle in my hand. Big Animal , Big Round, close range, big mess.

Wasnt that question a topic of that Jackie Brown movie too,blaming john woo and co.?
speaking of that

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
Because the developers know that the players will all jizz themselves of a 'Deagle'.

Personally I'll stick with revolvers. Way~ more classy.
Yeah, but the problem with revolvers is that no matter how careful you are with them, the victim will always find a way to get blood on your suit.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Speaking of "why is this gun in this game," why does Left 4 Dead 2 have an AK-47, a weapon commonly associated with Russia, while the game takes place in the Southern United States?

MrJohnson

May 13, 2009
And every gun fanatic I know knows that Barrets are pieces of shit for everything but slow moving vehicles. Besides that, there are much better .50 cal rifles anyways, and according to my marine friend the M21 is the standard issue sniper rifle (he might be lying to me). And besides, for the whole issue of reloading with a revolver just get a couple of speedloaders. Problem solved. The weight? Get a smaller caliber, you're not going to need anything above a .357 for self defense and you would be much better suited with like a .22. Shotguns are better than handguns for home defense though, due to the whole penetration issue with handguns.

sofrekinbored

Mar 10, 2010
I thought Left4Dead2 had the Jericho941/The baby eagle. and why the desert eagle in most games is because it has revolver strength and kick with sort-of repeater pistol firerate

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Tinneh said:
Speaking of "why is this gun in this game," why does Left 4 Dead 2 have an AK-47, a weapon commonly associated with Russia, while the game takes place in the Southern United States?
Prob because it is the most cheapest, most cloned, most available and most produced assault rifle in the world. Also give me a .45 M1911 over a D.Eagle anyday.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
spartan231490 said:
Explain to me why people hunt with handguns, i never got it? you get reduced knock down, reduced accuracy, and reduced range. If you want a challenge, why not go with muzzle loader, shotgun, or even archery. I just don't get it.
Ever been charged by a moose? A .357 Magnum is a good thing to have.

OT: The Eagle is mainly an engineering challenge, and it's based on rifle designs. But it's in video games because it is the classic over-the-top, over-compensation handgun. From what I've heard -- from people who've fired them, not just on forums -- they kick like a mule and one guy just stopped using it because it played hell with his wrist.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Actually, the Desert Eagle is given to some high ranking military officers, mainly as a gesture of goodwill for their services and not to be used in combat but if they want to they're allowed to use them.

Zombies, realistic, Left 4 Dead, Metal Gear Solid?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
Amnestic said:
Because the developers know that the players will all jizz themselves of a 'Deagle'.

Personally I'll stick with revolvers. Way~ more classy.
Again, another kindof unrealistic thing - revolvers aren't that great in real life... though I agree. Really classy, and awesome. And stuff like that.
lolwat? For the most part they don't hold 10+ rounds like most semiautos but only revolvers are the only pistols that are chambered for rounds like .500 S&W and .454. Revolvers are most certainly badass and awesome.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Brawndo said:
Left 4 Dead 2
Counterstrike Source
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gonna have to call you out on this, CSS, L4D and Metal Gear have never pretended to be realistic. L4D and CSS especially.

Oddly though STALKER has the Deagle in it, but in keeping with it's semi realistic take on guns it's largely useless, as a pistol one of the normal .45 calibre weapons is far more effective as you don't have to wait twenty seconds between shots. But it's still fun to shoot.

Which is why it's in the games, it's a big damn hand cannon and it's fun to shoot at stuff with it!

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
Tinneh said:
I actually live in the Southern US, and every gun store you visit has at least a dozen AK variants. Also, every time I go to the outdoor public range, at least one person brings his or her AK. They are very common because frankly it is the only assault rifle you can buy for $450 (Romanian and Albanian versions)