why do you enjoy, like, or hate the final fantasy series

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
I haven't played them much, but I find no reason to have ill will towards them (unless I had to choose between one of them or a western rpg). I have Dawn of Souls for the gba, so I've gone into the first game quite a bit, and I really like it. The second game, while creating many memories of playing it while my mom was at choir practice, was not as good. And I happen to love Kingdom Hearts, which almost counts. So yeah, they are alright as a series but there are definately some rough spots along the way.

MCDeltaT

Aug 18, 2009
I enjoy them because of the story and the simple gameplay. Many friends of mine (The halo fanboys) hate the game citing that sometimes it's unfair. For example if you have one character waiting to use a super powerful move and an enemy kills them. However in halo you could be charging your laser when someone kills you then steals the laser. Enemies don't usually steal your powerful move in final fantasy.

EscChaos

Feb 14, 2008
I am pretty indifferent to the series as I whole and I can't really what all the fuzz should be about. I played, I quess it was XII, once but got bored by the pacing and style, so I picked up Killer 7 instead and never looked back. Still collects dust in a drawer somewhere.

I think any of my feelings have more to do with JRPGs in general outside of the handheld format.