why I gave up (new) Blizzard Entertainment

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
here's the reasons why I gave up new Blizzard Entertainment:
  1. it's Blizzard App are just as bad as EA's origin
  2. Blizzard Entertainment under Activision recently suffers a fate worse than game Developers under EA that Electronic Arts closes away
  3. Blizzard app make old-school Warcraft 3 only available pirated from it's forcing the downgrade of Warcraft 3 legal copies
  4. the technical death of heroes of the storm
  5. there's no section of Blizzard Entertainment History in the easter egg section of Blizzardworld map of Overwatch that's about anywhere from beyond 2018
  6. I tilted a bit too much when I play Overwatch ranked mode, making goes anywhere past bronze somewhat unlikely, if not impossible
even when I never give up liking Overwatch despite this

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I haven't seen a Blizzard in years, since the DLC for Diablo. And then another 100 torment levels

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I used to play Blizzard games all the time, now I barely touch them.

For WoW, I just can't really justify paying for it. Its monetisation systems are just so aggressive. You have to pay for the expansions, to play any relevant content. Then you have to pay £10 a month just to be able to play it. Then they have the audacity to also include an in-game shop. It is like having your cake, eating it too, and then going back for seconds - it is ridiculous. I'd love to play more WoW, because it is a fun game, and I do sometimes have cravings to play it, but aside from the very rare free-weeks that they give out, paying for it is a literal month-long commitment that I just dont have time for.

I really like StarCraft 2, but as someone who only really likes to play RTS campaigns, there hasnt been any reason for me to return since Nova Covert Ops in 2016 - which I admittedly never actually bought.

Heroes of the Storm was my go-to game for a few years, but ever since they quite unceremoniously killed off full-time development, I haven't really touched it - though admittedly, I haven't really touched any multiplayer games for a while. I really loved HotS. I thought it was easily the best MOBA game out there. This one definitely hurts the most.

Overwatch never really grabbed me. I enjoy it enough, sure, but Im the least competitive person I know, so a game that is based entirely on PvP action just isn't for me. I do really enjoy the game's world, though, so I keep up with the cutscenes.

For Hearthstone, again, this was a game that I played a ton a few years back, but my interest started to wane during the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expac, and then finally collapsing during Journey to Un'Goro - which is basically when I would log in once a month, and bash out however many games it would take to get that monthly card back. It is really strange to see that I haven't touched Hearthstone since 2017, and since then, there have been 11 further expansions, with another one coming this month. And because they rotate old card sets out, the only cards that I can actually use now, are from the classic set. I love card games, but this is just too daunting to get back into.

The only other Blizzard game that I own is Diablo 3 - and Diablo is fine, and I am interested in getting it for the Switch, but I just don't care enough to sit at my desk and play it.

Then there are just the controversies. Both for Blizz's own games, and real world politics. The whole Hearthstone China thing. Diablo Immortal. WarCraft 3 Reforged, etc.

Im just not interested in their games anymore, and it is really sad, because I used to love their stuff.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I haven't seen a Blizzard in years, since the DLC for Diablo. And then another 100 torment levels
Fundamentally the problem with creating earth-shattering IP is that companies then turn to milking it indefinitely for diminishing returns. The big creators tend want to make stuff and move on, rather than get bogged down running small additions to the magnus opus, meaning the work is in the hands of bunch of lesser talents painting by numbers and quality inevitably declines.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
I used to play Blizzard games all the time, now I barely touch them.

For WoW, I just can't really justify paying for it. Its monetisation systems are just so aggressive. You have to pay for the expansions, to play any relevant content. Then you have to pay £10 a month just to be able to play it. Then they have the audacity to also include an in-game shop. It is like having your cake, eating it too, and then going back for seconds - it is ridiculous. I'd love to play more WoW, because it is a fun game, and I do sometimes have cravings to play it, but aside from the very rare free-weeks that they give out, paying for it is a literal month-long commitment that I just dont have time for.

I really like StarCraft 2, but as someone who only really likes to play RTS campaigns, there hasnt been any reason for me to return since Nova Covert Ops in 2016 - which I admittedly never actually bought.

Heroes of the Storm was my go-to game for a few years, but ever since they quite unceremoniously killed off full-time development, I haven't really touched it - though admittedly, I haven't really touched any multiplayer games for a while. I really loved HotS. I thought it was easily the best MOBA game out there. This one definitely hurts the most.

Overwatch never really grabbed me. I enjoy it enough, sure, but Im the least competitive person I know, so a game that is based entirely on PvP action just isn't for me. I do really enjoy the game's world, though, so I keep up with the cutscenes.

For Hearthstone, again, this was a game that I played a ton a few years back, but my interest started to wane during the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expac, and then finally collapsing during Journey to Un'Goro - which is basically when I would log in once a month, and bash out however many games it would take to get that monthly card back. It is really strange to see that I haven't touched Hearthstone since 2017, and since then, there have been 11 further expansions, with another one coming this month. And because they rotate old card sets out, the only cards that I can actually use now, are from the classic set. I love card games, but this is just too daunting to get back into.

The only other Blizzard game that I own is Diablo 3 - and Diablo is fine, and I am interested in getting it for the Switch, but I just don't care enough to sit at my desk and play it.

Then there are just the controversies. Both for Blizz's own games, and real world politics. The whole Hearthstone China thing. Diablo Immortal. WarCraft 3 Reforged, etc.

Im just not interested in their games anymore, and it is really sad, because I used to love their stuff.
I never played World of Warcraft not only it's addictions are too tempting

Starcraft 2 at first was better game than C&C4 Tiberian Twilight

Overwatch was the reason I have battle.net account to play it where I like it's characters, I playes competitive more often than other game modes there only to have myself tilted bit too much there

Both Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm was another game I played from Battle.net

And reforged Fiasco prompts me to Pirates oldschool Warcraft 3 so I ends up revisit warcraft 3 where this can keep my interest on Blizzard's games fresh

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There are plenty of reasons to not like Blizzard these days. But the OP's reasons seems really shallow.

The battle.net app is fine. Its actually pretty great if youve built up friends throughout Blizzards games. Because you can chat with people regardless of what game they are playing. Though this has been outdated since the launch of discord.

Being upset about the easter eggs in Overwatch also seems also kind of a shallow excuse.

Now myself ive not 100% given up on Blizzard. I wont play WoW anymore, i cant really tell if the game is shit now or ive simply outgrown the game. I played for nearly 14 years and maybe the game is fine but im just done with it.

I still jump into new Diablo 3 seasons and i am looking forward to Diablo 4. Fingers crossed that it wont suck.

Overwatch i never liked. I dont like pvp only games which means i never really liked the rest of the other Blizzard games as well. However i dont think those games are bad.

Warcraft 3 reforged was a shocking disaster. I never expected something like that from Blizzard.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
There are plenty of reasons to not like Blizzard these days. But the OP's reasons seems really shallow.

The battle.net app is fine. Its actually pretty great if youve built up friends throughout Blizzards games. Because you can chat with people regardless of what game they are playing. Though this has been outdated since the launch of discord.

Being upset about the easter eggs in Overwatch also seems also kind of a shallow excuse.

Now myself ive not 100% given up on Blizzard. I wont play WoW anymore, i cant really tell if the game is shit now or ive simply outgrown the game. I played for nearly 14 years and maybe the game is fine but im just done with it.

I still jump into new Diablo 3 seasons and i am looking forward to Diablo 4. Fingers crossed that it wont suck.

Overwatch i never liked. I dont like pvp only games which means i never really liked the rest of the other Blizzard games as well. However i dont think those games are bad.

Warcraft 3 reforged was a shocking disaster. I never expected something like that from Blizzard.
Actually the real reason I uninstalled Battle.net all was: freeing up disk space from my pc
And I still not 100% given up blizzard

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
There's a lot of reasons to criticize Blizzard these days, but the above examples aren't really ones that come to mind. I certainly agree that WC: Reforged was a debacle, but apart from that? Not really among those (I mean, it's tragic that HotS didn't break out, but that's not really a case of blaming Blizzard in of itself).

Starcraft 2 at first was better game than C&C4 Tiberian Twilight
At first? You're saying SC2 got worse?

Also, of course SC2 is better than Tiberian Twilight. Most RTS games ever created are better than Tiberian Twilight.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
At first? You're saying SC2 got worse?

Also, of course SC2 is better than Tiberian Twilight. Most RTS games ever created are better than Tiberian Twilight.
of course not

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
HotS is still in a pretty good state for a MOBA though. It might not get as much content as the others, but it is always easy to get a game and the balance patches roll in on time. And the "indie" scene around its pro-league is actually pretty big.
That surprises me because i feel like i never hear shit about HotS ever.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Psst.... Pssst.... I heard you like Diablo...

I got this here for you:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I spent 70 dollars pre-ordering the collector's edition of Warcraft 3 Reforged.

And that still didn't make me 100% quit Blizzard

It did made me take a break from Warcraft for awhile.

And speaking of HOTS, I never spent a dime on the game, I unlocked what I wanted just by playing the game.