Why I say "Not all cops": Systematic Racism by towards Minority Officers.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
The original German word is Gespenst, which is one of those tricky words because it means a haunting ghost but English has a ton of different ghosts. Spook is a common translation for the manifesto, but the most popular seems to be spectre. The intention of the opening line is to conjure the image of something intangible but scary that is causing grave fear in the ruling classes. The following paragraphs then points out that anything the rulers doesn't like is branded as communism and that it is time for communism to reveal itself and put the "nursery tale of communism" to rest.

Essentially, the manifesto turns against the popular image of communism and the way it was used as an easy insult of the opposition, intending to instead show the world what communism really was.
Yeah, I was contrasting it with Stirner who based on what I read used the German word spuk to refer to ideas and beliefs he viewed as illusory.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Here's one of those "In a Beautiful, Perfect World" scenarios that colors (puns, I got them) the way someone thinks in a way that might prevent them to see the truth.

And, ironically enough, helps perpetuate Systematic racism.

First and foremost, we have to define what a racist action is. Because it's not always a cross burning. It's not always an "American History X" beat down. Nor is it the liberal use of slurs. A racist action is an action committed with bias towards a race with the usual outcome being not favorable for that race.

From here, I think it would be beneficial to talk about Implicit Bias.

And how do these interact. Well, it's probably easier to think of Implicit Bias as the fuel put into the engine of a Racist Action that leads to the Smoke of Systematic Racism.

Let's go to Implicit Bias in Medical Care and the detrimental effect it could have on Minority Pregnant Women.

Now, due to Implicit Bias (not Racial hate), Minority women are overwhelmingly harmed by a racist action. Not a hate crime. But a racist action. These medical professionals allowed their biases to color how they treated their patients. They didn't give them the proper amount of care for one reason or the other. Again, the narrow view of just angry, hate filled racist actions allows for canyon sized gaps in the system that can shrug away this harm and death as "Well, he didn't do it out of anger so it's just another in a long list of horrible tragedies that just seems to always happen to these people. Oh Well. Next?"

How about the Implicit Bias of Police Stats? How many conversations have we had over these two forums about this topic? One side says Blacks commit disproportionate amount of crimes and are victims of that fall out. First of all... way to always want to look for the individual aspect of us as humans. Doing us proud. But then we go to the other side of the argument where we mention quotas, inaccurate self reporting, and just flat out falsifying evidence and/or false arrest.

The implicit bias remains when presented with the facts that... we're just not getting the whole story from police departments. Only the parts that make them look good. If I was told that I was getting half the story from a person, a company, or a family member, I would question everything I was ever told by them. The implicit bias for those people who still cling on the disproportionate crime speaking point is that they never do. No matter how many articles that are shown that the police are like any other organization: self serving.

So, without hate in their heart, they hear crime is out of control and they don't question it. They vote for law and order candidates. These law and order candidates need to show effort to justify their appointment and, oh look, the minority we already painted to be perpetual bad guys who no one believes. Easy target.

Again, not saying black people don't commit crimes, but I question any information from an organization that has been shown to be lying in multiple areas.

For the majority of my time on earth, I do not have the luxury to be judged by my own merits the second my skin is visible. I'm either "another one of those hoodrats/thugs/gangstas" or "One of the good ones". So one can imagine how galling it is when I hear from the majority that they should be looked as individuals when I lack the same capability and are usually told the reasons why they won't afford me the same opportunity (i.e. "Look at the FBI stats on disproportionate Black Crime")... and not even realizing they are engaging in Implicit Bias to justify the reason I can't be an individual.
Systemic racism - Can I falsify this? Is there an ability to test this theory and falsify it, so that you may accept it and agree it isn't correct?
What you've explained is fine because you've explained to me your worldview, which I appreciate. It should be very clear to you that statistics can be manipulated and harnessed for ideological means. The same manipulation you mentioned with crime-rates (and you have dropped SEVERAL criticisms of this, because I assume it pertains to you specifically, as a black man) - can be, and I suspect have been used - to twist the example you gave out regarding hospital treatments for pregnant women. Give your arguments the same amount of scrutiny you allow to the arguments placed against your own world-view. If you are critical, you can not be tricked.