Why I say "Not all cops": Systematic Racism by towards Minority Officers.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It's funny because I'm probably the only radical-individualist in this part of the forums. People actually make fun of the phrase "personal responsibility" over here. It's like peering into a bizzaro-world for me. Hell, I'd probably start quoting Bakunin soon if I get the time to reread him.
Firstly, it’s because the kind of thoroughly American Individualism (and yes I know you aren’t, that doesn’t matter in this case) you’re espousing is fucking meaningless. It’s just Protestant bullshit, turning every problem into some particular person’s individual sin. I believe I already ranted the natural conclusion of the empty moralism you believe in, so I’ll skip repeating myself there.
Secondly, bringing up Bakunin in this context is both fitting given your strange fondness for anti-Semitism and ironic given we’re talking about your dismissing conspiratorial thinking, given his definition of “statists” basically boiled down to “the Jews.”

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Firstly, it’s because the kind of thoroughly American Individualism (and yes I know you aren’t, that doesn’t matter in this case) you’re espousing is fucking meaningless. It’s just Protestant bullshit, turning every problem into some particular person’s individual sin. I believe I already ranted the natural conclusion of the empty moralism you believe in, so I’ll skip repeating myself there.
Secondly, bringing up Bakunin in this context is both fitting given your strange fondness for anti-Semitism and ironic given we’re talking about your dismissing conspiratorial thinking, given his definition of “statists” basically boiled down to “the Jews.”
What kind of empty moralism do I believe in? Tell me my own beliefs. I don't remember I was a protestant.
I'm a zionist jew, and we've had this discussion before. I am against making "holocaust denial" illegal as well. You can believe lizards control the world, I don't care. We can't allow ourselves to create thoughtcrimes. This is in fact as old as monotheism itself. This approach you can sin in your mind - it's all the way from the ten commandments. "Thou shalt not covet" is a thoughtcrime in of itself, and I do believe that dogmatic ideologies require this kind of control over a person's psyche. This kind of dogmatic approach is present in the modern interpretation of marx's theorems applied here in our current year...
I enjoy the schizophrenic view that all great and epic battles of ideology are just in fact jewish civil wars - capitalism vs. communism, for example. It's a funny idea.

edit: Bakunin was an incredible person and went through a fascinating life. Marx was a loser in comparison.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What kind of empty moralism do I believe in? Tell me my own beliefs. I don't remember I was a protestant.
You are though. I’m sorry I had to be the one to tell you.
I'm a zionist jew, and we've had this discussion before. I am against making "holocaust denial" illegal as well. You can believe lizards control the world, I don't care. We can't allow ourselves to create thoughtcrimes. This is in fact as old as monotheism itself. This approach you can sin in your mind - it's all the way from the ten commandments. "Thou shalt not covet" is a thoughtcrime in of itself, and I do believe that dogmatic ideologies require this kind of control over a person's psyche.
Yeah, see, this conflation of law, crime, sin, all of this is really fucking weird when the topic is structural issues with society. To bring up another particular Protestant ideology, it all rings of rule-utilitarianism. Viewing the justice system as the sole way in which society’s malfunctions are addressed.
This kind of dogmatic approach is present in the modern interpretation of marx's theorems applied here in our current year...
Marxism is not a moralism, or at least not any Marxism worth a damn. I’m more ardently a materialist than I ever would be a Marxist in any case.
I enjoy the schizophrenic view that all great and epic battles of ideology are just in fact jewish civil wars - capitalism vs. communism, for example. It's a funny idea.
Bakunin was fairly certain which side the Jews were on. It’s never a “Jewish civil war” and if that’s the conclusion you’ve reached about anti-Semites I... well honestly I’m thoroughly unsurprised, it’s actually absurdly fitting.
edit: Bakunin was an incredible person and went through a fascinating life. Marx was a loser in comparison.
Sure, but his ideas sucked ass. I personally do not care that Marx was a drunk who spent most of his life insulting people for not being as smart as him. I don’t idolize the man in any respect.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
You are though. I’m sorry I had to be the one to tell you.

Yeah, see, this conflation of law, crime, sin, all of this is really fucking weird when the topic is structural issues with society. To bring up another particular Protestant ideology, it all rings of rule-utilitarianism. Viewing the justice system as the sole way in which society’s malfunctions are addressed.
Marxism is not a moralism, or at least not any Marxism worth a damn. I’m more ardently a materialist than I ever would be a Marxist in any case.
Bakunin was fairly certain which side the Jews were on. It’s never a “Jewish civil war” and if that’s the conclusion you’ve reached about anti-Semites I... well honestly I’m thoroughly unsurprised, it’s actually absurdly fitting.

Sure, but his ideas sucked ass. I personally do not care that Marx was a drunk who spent most of his life insulting people for not being as smart as him. I don’t idolize the man in any respect.
kek.
I try not to conflate it, but I am immediately returned to this idea of policing thoughts which I oppose. I see it, as a spook, haunting modern political discourse. I dislike it intensely.
I'm still not protestant, though. If anything, the group which hates me the most would be Lutherans.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
kek.
I try not to conflate it, but I am immediately returned to this idea of policing thoughts which I oppose. I see it, as a spook, haunting modern political discourse. I dislike it intensely.
I'm still not protestant, though. If anything, the group which hates me the most would be Lutherans.
You keep telling yourself that.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
kek.
You see that because you want to. It's easier to accept than the truth that we don't live in a fair and just world.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
You see that because you want to. It's easier to accept than the truth that we don't live in a fair and just world.
We don't live in a fair and just world, far from it. All we do is a coping mechanism to the fact that we're all going to die some day. All evil springs from this.

You keep telling yourself that.
Come on man, humor me.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
We don't live in a fair and just world, far from it. All we do is a coping mechanism to the fact that we're all going to die some day. All evil springs from this.
Chicken Shit for the Soul.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Come on man, humor me.
What, you want me to lecture you about the sheer absurdity of throwing Stirner at me while professing to be a nationalist? Seems a waste of time.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What, using the term spook, somehow turns me into an egoist?
Using the term spook while professing a belief in the fundamental spook of liberalism is ironic.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What is the fundamental spook of liberalism?
The nation, citizenship, Jacobin fraternity. This malformed humanism. I suppose you could rank bourgeois rights as similarly fundamental, but I’ve a strong opinion on the matter and feel one can place them all together anyway.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
The nation, citizenship, Jacobin fraternity. This malformed humanism. I suppose you could rank bourgeois rights as similarly fundamental, but I’ve a strong opinion on the matter and feel one can place them all together anyway.
When you said malformed humanism, you meant it was because this "humanism" was limited to the scope of the nation and its citizens?
Thanks for spelling it out for me.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
When you said malformed humanism, you meant it was because this "humanism" was limited to the scope of the nation and its citizens?
Thanks for spelling it out for me.
No, humanism is a spook period.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
"A spook is haunting Europe - the spook of humanism". Sounds like it could be the beginning of something persuasive.
If I remember right the German is kinda particular. The Communist Manifesto’s opening uses a term closer to monster, while Stirner’s term is closer to something like a phantom or spirit. He may have even literally used Geist to make his criticism of Hegel and the Young Hegelians more obvious (that being the “Spirit” in “Phenomenology of Spirit”), though I don’t remember and I think that’d be a really strange use of the term in any case. I’m not a German speaker so I dunno.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If I remember right the German is kinda particular. The Communist Manifesto’s opening uses a term closer to monster, while Stirner’s term is closer to something like a phantom or spirit. He may have even literally used Geist to make his criticism of Hegel and the Young Hegelians more obvious (that being the “Spirit” in “Phenomenology of Spirit”), though I don’t remember and I think that’d be a really strange use of the term in any case. I’m not a German speaker so I dunno.
Apparently it was originally translated as hobgoblin

Ok, proper source, it's mentioned in wiki as well.

Ok, properer source

And a frightful member of the Gretchin Revolutionary Committee:
1605536855994.jpeg