Why I think GTA V will be a PS3 exclusive.

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
grrr said:
It may be disagreeing with my point but you sir deserve a cookie.
Thx for the cookie, but i'd rather have GTA V on PC. I would play it on PS3, but only if i dont have a choice i guess. I guess. Depends whether it seems worth it. So far i saw nothing out of the ordinary in that trailer. It looks like another DLC for GTA IV.

grrr

Jan 9, 2010
)rStrangelove]
grrr said:
It may be disagreeing with my point but you sir deserve a cookie.
Thx for the cookie, but i'd rather have GTA V on PC. I would play it on PS3, but only if i dont have a choice i guess. I guess. Depends whether it seems worth it. So far i saw nothing out of the ordinary in that trailer. It looks like another DLC for GTA IV.
You're welcome, as a big fan of IV I have very high hopes for V and the trailer made me convulse and froth at the mouth.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Project_Xii said:
Why I think it won't:

Rockstar love money. Loooooovvveeeeeeeeee money. They'll find a way to make it work on 360, even if they have to hamstring the crap out of it and put it on 6 discs. Just look at the lengths Squenix went to to get the piece of crap FFXIII on 360.
That's the reason it was a piece of crap. Squenix admitted to having to cut a lot of stuff out that they had originally planned to make it feasible for the Xbox.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
I don't even know how to respond to this. So I'll simply say "no" at most a game like GTA would give a 1 month or 2 month release exclusive. GTA V made way too much money on both the XBOX and the 360 for this to be a viable option. Sony and/or Microsoft would need to pay them around 150 million for exclussive right to be viable, and quite frankly there is no way it would create enough attach sales for that to make sense.

Exclusives generally come from studios that are owned by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo, are created for a technology that only exists on one console, or are not expected to sell all that well in the first place.

*EDIT*

I'm so confident that it will not be a PS3 exclusive that I will .... well I can't think of anythign but I'm really confident on this. And before you call me a fanboy, I own both a PS3 and a 350 (and a Wii and a DS and a PSP) so it doesn't really effect me one way or the other.

If I were a stock owner in Rockstar and they did an exclusive release, I would put in a vote of no cofidence and insist that the board hire a new CEO.

grrr

Jan 9, 2010
srm79 said:
Project_Xii said:
Why I think it won't:

Rockstar love money. Loooooovvveeeeeeeeee money. They'll find a way to make it work on 360, even if they have to hamstring the crap out of it and put it on 6 discs. Just look at the lengths Squenix went to to get the piece of crap FFXIII on 360.
That's the reason it was a piece of crap. Squenix admitted to having to cut a lot of stuff out that they had originally planned to make it feasible for the Xbox.
Didn't that only marginally increase sales anyway? No one with a 360 cares about FF. Although that one sucked anyway especially after the awesome that was XII.

grrr

Jan 9, 2010
jthwilliams said:
I don't even know how to respond to this. So I'll simply say "no" at most a game like GTA would give a 1 month or 2 month release exclusive. GTA V made way too much money on both the XBOX and the 360 for this to be a viable option. Sony and/or Microsoft would need to pay them around 150 million for exclussive right to be viable, and quite frankly there is no way it would create enough attach sales for that to make sense.

Exclusives generally come from studios that are owned by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo, are created for a technology that only exists on one console, or are not expected to sell all that well in the first place.
They've bagged timed exclusive rights for GTA before they could theoretically do it again.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
grrr said:
jthwilliams said:

They've bagged timed exclusive rights for GTA before they could theoretically do it again.
I would grant you that, but time exclusive for a month is no where near the same thing as exclusive.

grrr

Jan 9, 2010
Shark Wrangler said:
Of all the games that don't deserve to be bashed, its Grand theft Auto. The company Rockstar took something that might have died, gave it new life. It could be a exclusive, but then again Xbox owners got Dark Souls. Be a bad move because both systems can handle it unless this one is just gigantic.
Rockstar likes to one up themselves so it'll probably be a gigantic game. Red Dead was huge, this'll probably be even bigger, not to mention that this will have buildings.

grrr

Jan 9, 2010
jthwilliams said:
grrr said:
jthwilliams said:

I would grant you that, but time exclusive for a month is no where near the same thing as exclusive.
Well I'm sure that they'd get it for more than a month otherwise that'd be an awful deal especially since the extra time would probably just mean that the 360 version was a bit better.

saucecode

Jul 30, 2011
I see your point, but I don't think Rockstar will make a huge game exclusive to a single platform, because that is just unesessarily narrowing the market.

While the hardware on the 360 is dated, im sure it will run fine with a few tweaks (Considering its DirectX... :\).

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
But a 360 is the only current generation console I have. What, exactly, do you expect me to do? Buy a ps3 just for one game? No.

grrr

Jan 9, 2010
Racecarlock said:
But a 360 is the only current generation console I have. What, exactly, do you expect me to do? Buy a ps3 just for one game? No.
That is exactly what I expect you to do.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
grrr said:
jthwilliams said:
grrr said:
jthwilliams said:

Well I'm sure that they'd get it for more than a month otherwise that'd be an awful deal especially since the extra time would probably just mean that the 360 version was a bit better.

Time exclusives tend to be about 30 days. Otherwise the publisher is worried they'll loose sales because people will forget or move on. Any type of exclusive is a risk for the publisher. They don't like doing it and the usually only do it for money or advertising which comes to the same thing.

For example bethesda is doing a time exclusive on their DLC for 360, but only for 30 days. Why because if it goes beyond 30 days, they will definately lose sales from people who decided to play something else rather than waiting.

Also advertising the fact that your game or you DLC exists is expensive and the campaigns are designed to get bigger an bigger right up till release day to maximixe the effect. If you then need to pay to keep the momentum going, it gets really expensive.

I'm not sure the longest platform exclussive that wasn't caused by the developer not having enough money to do simultanionus releases was, but it wasn't very long.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
If it is it will be timed. I doubt they will let that much money pass them by and make it for only 1 console.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Maybe timed exclusive DLC?
I don't see Rockstar releasing the game on only one system at launch.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
grrr said:
Racecarlock said:
Well congratulations then, your expectations of real human behavior are about as realistic as piloting a galaxy sized robot against what is essentially god and then beating it with the power of hope.

Unless you're joking. Please tell me you're joking.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
grrr said:
Racecarlock said:
actually no. the theory behind attached console says has been highly discredited over the past few years.

grrr said:
Shark Wrangler said:
Of all the games that don't deserve to be bashed, its Grand theft Auto. The company Rockstar took something that might have died, gave it new life. It could be a exclusive, but then again Xbox owners got Dark Souls. Be a bad move because both systems can handle it unless this one is just gigantic.
Rockstar likes to one up themselves so it'll probably be a gigantic game. Red Dead was huge, this'll probably be even bigger, not to mention that this will have buildings.
And no mater what it will not be bigger than Skyrim. And both systems handle that.

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
Well, whatever happens, I'm sure Rockstar will give PC gamers the finger with yet ANOTHER shitty port.

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
Ha ha ha ha ha, I have seem some pretty dim threads in my time, but this one takes the cake! Give yourself a cookie!