Why is America so awesome?

Sensenmann

Oct 16, 2008
This is no hate speech... Just wondering, and it angers me when people say that they, Americans are the best.

Infact, by doing this many who hate America for it's stereotypical hate of ROW. So its the clone of that french thread, but reversed and for America.

So why do you think America is Awesome.

NO HATE SPEECH

Edit: Changed ROE to ROW. Im sure America dont hate ROE.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I don't think America is awesome,but I would love to visit because it seems to harbour such err interesting people, oh and crazy Christians must meet them and then argue with them. Shine on you crazy americans

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Sensenmann said:
This is no hate speech... Just wondering, and it angers me when people say that they, Americans are the best.

Infact, by doing this many who hate America for it's stereotypical hate of ROE. So its the clone of that french thread, but reversed and for America.

So why do you think America is Awesome.

NO HATE SPEECH
Because we kicked your Kings ass and sent your soldiers home with their tails between their legs! Just kidding.

I'm a United Statsian (Yep, made it up) and I definitely don't find the U.S. to be anything spectacular. It's just a country, like the other 190ish countries in the world. I've never been much of a patriot and don't believe in things like "Better dead then red!" So, I guess I'm not the person to ask.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
george144 said:
I don't think America is awesome,but I would love to visit because it seems to harbour such err interesting people, oh and crazy Christians must meet them and then argue with them. Shine on you crazy americans
Hate to say this, but you can find crazy Christians just about anywhere.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I think its awesome that the first black president is also a comic book geek.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I don't think America is awesome. It's average. Ok maybe not even that.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
There's no such thing as the USA. It's a myth perpetrated by the leaders of the Muslim world, who are in need of a Great Satan to keep the people distracted while they live like kings. They have callcentres and datacentres dedicated to generating all correspondence reportedly from America. All those US soldiers wandering around Iraq? Mercenaries paid to be there, pissing people off.

Between Canada and Mexico, there's a great rift that leads to the centre of the Earth. Canadians and Mexicans, the superstitious lot they are, keep well away from the precipice and don't mention it to anyone, for fear of demons stealing their souls.

Sensenmann

Oct 16, 2008
runtheplacered said:
It's just a country, like the other 190ish countries in the world. I've never been much of a patriot and don't believe in things like "Better red then dead!" So, I guess I'm not the person to ask.
Im sure you mean "Better dead than red".

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Please. America isn't that awesome. Sure Freedom of Speech is awesome,but it is abused so bad.
Plus, the patriotism level is absurd. I am American but I just hate ahem "Americans"

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
I am British but I think I know why Americans are so awesome, warning: contains swear words.

Edit: They aren't Canadian!

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
BIG AMERICAN TEETEES!

EDIT: Also I love how few people realizes how badly that song mocks USA...

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Why is America Awesome?
This is why:

[sup]Took me a while to choose between all of these pictures I have.
[/sup]

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
America is great because their adverts are HILLAROUS, i saw an advert there once for a 4 by 4 that was 'now able to hold up to 4 tonnes' and looking around you see that a large chunk of americas have these and i bet the heaviest and biggest thing they've ever carried with it is a broom. If anyone on the escapist can think of something a normal person would need to move a 4 tonne object then i'll give them a cookie.

GunslingerUK

Nov 6, 2008
Americans probably claim there the best due to the propaganda. but other then that i would say they have there ups and downs but witch country doesn't?

Xocrates

May 4, 2008
runtheplacered said:
Hate to say this, but you can find crazy Christians just about anywhere.
America does have a much higher concentration though. Mind you, that may depend whether you consider the likes of Mormons and similar groups Christian - Several of those are actually more zealotry that the Pope.

That said, I don't really have nothing against the US and its folk. I don't really see why they should be in awe of them either.

Zani

May 14, 2008
george144 said:
^What he said.