Why is LOZ OOT more memorable than LOZ TP

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
Because the N64 is the greatest system ever made. Also its is just at the right time. TP was brought down by the Wii and to me for some reason Tp's story is way less memorable.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Eh. I enjoyed TP much more than OoT. Tighter mechanics, fun levels, etc. Though I find Wind Waker more memorable than either of those two.

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
internetzealot1 said:
Feralcentaur said:
Donkey Kong 64
The first time I played DK 64 was at my cousins house. He told me that going through the tunnel marked "exit" would exit me out of the game, so I just ran around the starting area the whole time.
That reminds me of the time I told my friend that in OoT in Kakariko village you could actually chop down the tree when you first enter the village as an easter egg. He spent hours (at least 4 minimum) smacking that tree with his sword then finally gave up when he realized it wasn't working.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
mik1 said:
What made ocarina of time the great game it is. Twilight princess improved so much on so many aspects. Yet no one talks about it any more than a great game. No matter what kind of fanboy you are everyone agrees OOT is an amazing game. Very confusing.

I gave this some serious thought and the best reason I could think was the simple newness of it.

Any other ideas?
It's a matter of scale.

Twilight Princess compared to Ocarina of Time or Windwaker, it's essentialyl a perfected (your mileage may vary) version of OoT.

Ocarina of Time, on the other hand, took massive leaps from previous Zelda titles.

Due to being, you know, 3d.

Thus, it gains "classic" status.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Well I never played OoT as a kid, and my first GC game was Pokemon Colosseum. (I got the Mega Pak ^^).

Later on my Dad bought me Wind Waker, and it was the limited edition, so I got OoT and Master Quest free with it.

I completed WW first, and I was blown away by it's awesomeness.

I then tried OoT, and enjoyed, until I got to the Water Temple. I gave up. (I was a kid and got really really stuck).

Few years later, my mum sold my GC, so I went and played it in my Wii instead.

Lo and behold, I managed to beat OoT, and was immensely satisfied wit myself.

I then got TP, and thouroughly enjoyed.

IMO they're all awesome, but Wind Waker is my favorite overall.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Easily Forgotten said:
I haven't played TP.

That's why it's more memorable for me.

I prefer MM far more than OoT, anyway. OoT is alright, I just much prefer MM's story and setting.

I want a Master Quest of MM. Now that would be a beastly game.
As if it wasnt hard enough already. This is madness!

On topic, OOT is momre memoralbe simply because it have the benefit of being the "first" memorable zelda i played (A link to the Past is fun not not that memorable). TP is still pretty good imho, i liked the characters and story despite how bland/empty the game world was (imho; there was little to explore, so few hidden caves or whatever)

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
OoT had plenty of stuff to do and it was fun exploring and finding them scattered across the map. Most of the sidequests in TP were kinda dumb, I especially remember being pissed about the reward for gathering all the poe souls. Also, once you got the master sword, the plot seemed to drop off and disconnect while you went around to gather the mirror shards.
That said, the "plenty of distractions" aspect is one reason why I like MM more than OoT. Stuff EVERYWHERE. And INTERESTING stuff too. And also, it's kinda Link at his best, he's the most experienced of any incarnation at the start of an adventure so there's that secret badass thing, and I find that kinda fun :B

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Golem239 said:
IMMA LET Y'ALL FINISH BUT MAJORA'S MASK WAS THE BEST ZELDA GAME OF ALL TIME
I say it's a great game, but a bad Zelda game. The temples and bosses are all among the worst in the 3D games. The rest of the game, though? Awesome.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Golem239 said:
IMMA LET Y'ALL FINISH BUT MAJORA'S MASK WAS THE BEST ZELDA GAME OF ALL TIME
I say it's a great game, but a bad Zelda game. The temples and bosses are all among the worst in the 3D games. The rest of the game, though? Awesome.
I like whole mask play in it (and it was the first I played so a little biased)

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Everyone knows that LTTP is far better than it's awful younger brother, OOT. You guys are silly.

humor_involuntario

Mar 31, 2010
well, to me, the towns in Oot were forgetable! in the whole "castle town" there is nothing to do! only kakariko stays ahead and gives all the flavour to it. this problem was inherited to TP, but then, not to MM, so we get a cool world where you will never get a small town that has nothing to do (exept zora hall, maybe)

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
OoT was the first and last of its kind. It was the first 3d Zelda game, but it was the last Zelda from that Art and Story Style. Every Zelda game since Majora's Mask has followed the Majora's Mask/Wind Waker art/story style.

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
TP had alot of bullshit hand holding in the game and had few memorable moments about. I couldn't sit through Twilight Princess at all. Ocarina of Time is loved more due to being good. That's all though I always considered Majora's Mask better.

mocruz1200

Jan 17, 2009
meh, i am in the minority that thinks OoT is VASTLY overrated. A Link to the Past is much better.
i found absolutely NO motivation to go on this quest. i got past the very first dungeon, and quit. hell, i even found Wind Waker more fun than OoT

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
To me Ocarina is a lot more memorable because it propelled Zelda into 3D and was something new and fresh. Sure Twilight Princess had some differences but overall it didn't do much at all to differentiate itself too much from every other Zelda title since Ocarina, with the possible exception of Wind Waker, which is one of my favorite Zelda games of all time.

Bakuryukun

Jul 12, 2010
It wasn't more memorable to me, I know I'm in the minority here but I don't care too much for Ocarina in comparison with other Zelda titles. That is to say, I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it and that I prefer Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Link's Awkaening and Link to the Past to OoT.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
It came out ten years beforehand. Twilight princess was mainly iterative. Don't get me wrong, it's great, but of all the 3D zeldas, it's by far the least innovative.
Majora's had it's dark theme, persistent world, with a huge focus on sidequests
Windwaker had the most open, expansive world of near any game, and a visually arresting style.
Twilight princess was basically Ocarina part two. More disappointing, the sidequests weren't up to snuff. The world didn't feel as alive as the other games. The castle town was a hollow puppet show, nothing to do, no one to talk to, and there were no other real communities. The main quest was good, but the world didn't pull me in as much as before.