why is no one replying to my post?

Axelthefox

Mar 29, 2016
Country
United States
https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.1056951-Anyone-that-play-use-Second-Life

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Offhand, I can imagine a variety of reasons.

Because despite the topic creator starting the discussion, the discussion itself often does not center on the topic creator? Because these are forums, not IRC, wherein people post at their leisure rather than in real time? Because that thread was a "do you play this particular game" thread, which by nature doesn't have much discussion value for anyone short of a brand evangelist? Because most of the people who did respond to the thread at all admitted to limited experience with the subject in question and/or alluded to at a lack of special interest in it? Because you seem to have unreasonable expectations about post rates? Seriously, you deigned to make a "bump" post a mere hour after your post commenting on the lack of activity in the thread, which was itself a mere hour after your previous post in it.

No topic or post is owed responses. People are not going to respond if they have no interest in talking about the subject, and most topics don't last especially long unless they touch on something intensely interesting to at least some vocal posters.

Axelthefox

Mar 29, 2016
Country
United States
Asita said:
Offhand, I can imagine a variety of reasons.

Because despite the topic creator starting the discussion, the discussion itself often does not center on the topic creator? Because these are forums, not IRC, wherein people post at their leisure rather than in real time? Because that thread was a "do you play this particular game" thread, which by nature doesn't have much discussion value for anyone short of a brand evangelist? Because most of the people who did respond to the thread at all admitted to limited experience with the subject in question and/or alluded to at a lack of special interest in it? Because you seem to have unreasonable expectations about post rates? Seriously, you deigned to make a "bump" post a mere hour after your post commenting on the lack of activity in the thread, which was itself a mere hour after your previous post in it.

No topic or post is owed responses. People are not going to respond if they have no interest in talking about the subject, and most topics don't last especially long unless they touch on something intensely interesting to at least some vocal posters.
Sorry,i kinda used to boards where people seem to post all at once,if you know what i mean.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Because no one here plays second life. It's a 16 year old game with pretty limited appeal.

Axelthefox

Mar 29, 2016
Country
United States
Dirty Hipsters said:
Because no one here plays second life. It's a 16 year old game with pretty limited appeal.
Yeah,seems it's forums where there are furries or a furry forum.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
There is probably a forum dedicated to Second Life that would better suit your expectations, axelthefox.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I have never played Second Life I'm afraid so can't comment on it in either way. I had a passing interest when it first started and promptly forgot all about it. I saw some adverts for it on various websites a few years ago and thought "oh, is that still a thing?" and then promptly forgot about it again. Then I saw your thread the other day and thought "oh, is that still a thing? I have nothing to contribute".

If it makes you feel better, I could copy and paste this message into that thread.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
People here aren't interested in games that old. In fact, I can't even remember the last time we had a thread about Minecraft, nevermind any multiplayer games that are even older.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
IceForce said:
People here aren't interested in games that old. In fact, I can't even remember the last time we had a thread about Minecraft, nevermind any multiplayer games that are even older.
My daughter doesn't have any idea what minecraft is. And she plays Roblox

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
There is no purpose to making this post about people not responding to your post.

Wait, no I take it back. It draws attention and invites mod action to lock this thread and possibly the other one for how you're acting.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Because everyone agreed to ignore it in the special secret thread about your post.