Why is "The Godfather" considered such a perfect film?

TheIr0nMike

Mar 3, 2008
You have to be able to understand film as an art form. If you're the type that prefers something like Tron Legacy to Black Swan or Kings Speech, than it's probably something you wouldn't be able to fully grasp.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I share the OP's opinion on the films in question (The Godfather & Scarface), it must be said, though I saw both of them before I knew anything about cinematography, so I may have missed something interesting there. However, I have absolutely no interest in a second viewing to explore this theory.

I also hated almost every single character.

It should be noted that I'm quite a fan of the cerebral film experience, and have watched any number of critically acclaimed films from the French and Czech New Waves to much more modern stuff, but these in particular fell utterly flat.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Tarkovsky said:
manaman said:
Tarkovsky said:
manaman said:
Hi Tarkovsky, my name is... apparently still Nameless. I enjoy swimming naked, long walks on the beach, sharing a blanket outside under a full moon with that special someone, and candleit dinners.
Wanna fuck?
I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate that. She gets a little touchy about the whole idea of sleeping around.
Now when you say touchy...
Hey now, that's not what I saw in my in box. Post editor!

You said I was your hero, now I don't feel as special.

As for touchy, well my memory is a little fuzzy after the subject was brought up, so I can't tell you exactly what that means. It was to be expected through, the doctors did tell me slight memory loss is common with trauma to the head.

Kidding. As if she could really get the drop on me like that.

Or that I would ever cheat on her. She is way to attractive and sweet for me. I am just going to slowly torment her mentally until she hates everything about me. I will probably also make a few romantic gestures here and there so I can prolong this relationship for about a year or so. Then give it enough time for her to forget what a total asshole I am before I wander back into her life and sleep with her again, reminding her all over again how much she hates me. Once that gets old I will find another girl like her personality wise and repeat.

Yeah I have a few problems.