Why is Your Hair the Way it is?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I am a male.

My hair is very dark brown, about eyebrow length, and is a mix between curly and shaggy.

I have it this way because that's how it is naturally.

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
I'm a female with shoulderish length curly red hair. Why? Because it makes cute pigtails, and my bf/gf love it, gives me that little girlish look ^/^

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
I'm female with long, ever so slightly wavy, dyed black hair that reaches the small of my back.

It's like this because I cut half of it off some two weeks ago. It was at my knees before that. Shit had gotten out of hand, so I cut half of it right the fuck off. It's nice being able to sit down without having to fucking lift my hair out of the way...

For reference, it took me about 15 years to grow it down to my knees.

I used to keep it long because I was insecure after being bullied for cutting it all off when I was seven, but now it's mostly because long hair suits me... that and I think I may have developed trichophilia over the years...

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
My hairs the way it is because it needs a bloody good cut. My fringe is way past my eyes and now being clipped to the side.

My Red is rapidly raiding and I cannot be fucked to dye it, the layers are also growing out.

Still looks OK, though, but I really can't be arsed with it.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I'm a guy with short, brown hair. I usually spike it all up. I've gone through loads of hair styles over the years. It used to be down to my shoulders, then I had a real emo sweep. After that I got a mohawk (about 4 inches high). Then I settled on having it short and use wax to spike it up. When it gets a bit longer it starts looking more like JD from Scrubs. Then, when it's too long to use wax, I get it cut. I'm always tempted to grow it again but always end up bailing.

I have it short and spiky, and used to have a mohawk, because I'm a huge fan of punk rock. I wear skinny jeans, band t-shirts, have lots of tattoos etc, so it just goes with my... image (I hate that word).

The Eyeball Moose

Jun 16, 2011
I am a male with thick brown puffball hair. I like my hair because it defines me, but I can't explain why, it just does. There was a bully (in retrospect, a very lame bully) who used to call me 'coconut head'. The title actually stuck eventually, and I started to like it.

DoubleTime

Apr 23, 2010
I'm female and I wear it long (about mid-back) and natural hair color. I prefer it dyed jet black. Which, hilariously, people think is my natural color even though I only started dying it a couple years ago and my natural color is dyed. I think it has to do with my eyebrows being nearly black and the shade of red/brown my hair is looks like it's unnatural/full of highlights.

I would love to cut it short again, since it's been growing for a good ten years, but I have to keep it this way since it makes me more versatile/hire-able as an actor. :/

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Short black hair, I never let the front reach lower than my forehead. If I see my bangs, instant hair cut.

I have it that way because I find long hair incredibly unsightly, inconvenient, harder to manage, and hotter.

Ravison

Feb 9, 2011
I'm a dude with dirty blonde hair that goes half way down my face (when it's in my way) that I'm still growing out a bit more. I have it this way because it looks damn good.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
My hair is buzzed, only about 2 millimeters long.

Since I suffer from Tritchotillomania, I keep it short when I need my hair to grow back even.

Then I grow it out, lose a lot of it, and start all over gain.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
My hair is blonde, medium-long (a bit farther than my shoulders) and doesn't have bangs (it goes in my face). I am male. I have it this way because I like it, I guess <.<.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
My hair grows up, Yes you red that correctly my hair naturally grows up so I end up looking like Paul from Tekken with a mini tower mounted atop my cranium.

Oh and black, it was ginger once due to a freak accident

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My hair is black and it's natural (no gel) and I prefer it to be trim all the time. I hate it when it get long since it take ages for it to dry wit the hair dryer (I have thick hair when it's long).
I don't see point in hair gel as you have to wash it off (I don't take a bath or shower everyday) but I use it only when bits of my hair stick out when I see myself in the mirror in the morning.

Supernatural Girl

May 31, 2009
I am female and my hair come to the base of my spine, probably about 2 foot long. It's dyed at the moment, a sort of honey blond, that should have been ice blond, as a result of a previous dying accident = )

My natural hair colour is that browny/grey/dark blond, but I like dying it to a stronger shade. When I dye it blond, my mum doesn't disapprove. It's as long as it is because its easier that way. I always wear it in a bun or a high ponytail and hate having loose hair touch my ears.

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
Male, short blond hair, usually spiked. My hair is very weird in that it changes very easily under intense water, and doesn't change very easily when it's dry. It's also extremely soft. I never use gel, which just makes the spiked hair even more awesome. Anyway, it's simply my preferred style.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
I am female. My hair's cut short- about an inch long in the back, with bangs that cover my forehead, and some longer pieces in front of my ears. It's cut that way, because, well... I like how it looks. I had long hair for quite a while, but ever since I cut it, I've decided I like it much better short. Oh, and the color's a light copper-red.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Short and brown, unkempt. Why? It saves me from having to scrape it into line every morning. It's pretty tame anyway :)

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm a girl.

My hair goes past my shoulders (I've been growing it for 3 years cause I cut it all off at one point, not in an angsty way, I was just bored of it). It's a dirty blonde colour because I put brown dye over blonde hair and it has steadily faded. I always have a side fringe, I feel naked without it.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I'm a guy and I have short black hair, which I tend to comb straight back. I used to comb it to the side, but then a friend took me to a convention, where I checked a couple of manga to perfect the Alexander Anderson hairstyle from Hellsing. When friends and family saw pictures later, they all appeared to like it better than my default style, so I went with that.