Why is Your Hair the Way it is?

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
fellow escapist, kindly state what kind of hair you have, also what gender you are so we get an idea of how it looks, and why you have it that way,

i'm a guy but i have hair that comes down to my shoulders, i think it looks cool, it also differentiates me from my stepdad, who is a very bad person, and is bald. i usually have it in a ponytail, which i know looks much less cool, but it stops it getting in my face

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
My hair is black and it reaches down at the middle of my chest, but it's curly, so it goes back up to just under my shoulders.

I'm male.

Edit: Oops, I have it this way because when I was younger it used to be a way that I could hide from people (though it brought more attention to me). I'd have panic attacks, and it would help make me feel that I was "hidden." I had it this way since I was 11 or 12. It was also partially because of the music I listened to.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I am male I have strawberry blond hair that is about chin length and is pritty curly. My facial hair is orange however but my arm hair is white so you cant even see it which is nice cause most girls dont like hairy guys :p.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I am a guy and my hair is light brown/ dark blonde, it is short back, medium sides and a longer then average front...im trying to look like my avatar. *sigh*

also no facial hair.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'm male, and have short-ish blonde hair that is constantly scruffy and messed up. And I have it that way because that's how it is when I wake up and I just cannot be bothered to style it in any way.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I have really short black hair. I used to have it really long (middle of my back in a ponytail), but taking care of it was too much of a pain in the arse, and cutting it (evenly) was a nightmare (really thick hair).

Plus, before I was afflicted with facial hair, I had rather androgynous features, so being mistaken for a happened quite a bit...

RadioactiveTurtle

May 9, 2010
I'm male and I have medium length red hair, that's scruffy; but thats on purpose because I think it looks cool like that.
Oh, and I have a fringe that goes to the right.

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
(male)well i have great hair (hair dresser words) which kinda looks exactly like jhonny depps from the secret window so short at back massive fringe (sparse facial hair to match) thats the same brown with blond sparsely through it and massive center part (center parts are cool).

it was long once but one emotional day and a a pair of scissors later...well i like it better this way any how girls tend to hit on you more when you look like johnny depp.

Ferrious

Made From Corpses
Jan 6, 2010
(Male) Dark blonde hair that runs down to just above the small of my back. Usually in a pony tail or braided (think Avatar) to hold it off my face or just keep it smart while at work. Started growing it the moment I was allowed (my secondary school had a strict dress code) and just never stopped.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
It's a mess because I can't be bothered styling it. I prefer it short, but I hate having haircuts, so it gets pretty long and disgusting on occasion.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
I am male and haver medium lenght blonde hair. Its rather thick and scruffy but I just cba to use hairgel.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
Male. Light brown/dirty blonde. I prefer it ~1" long because I want its upkeep to be as easy as possible, but right now it's 2-3" long because I'm too lazy to get a haircut (even though there's a barber a <10-minute walk away)

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I'm a girl with bright orange hair because I dyed it.

It just skims my shoulders in length. I think it looks nice.

mussics

Aug 11, 2011
guy , shoulder length hair , light brown . Why? I hate short hair .
The hair's always straight , even though i don't use straighteners or anything ^_*.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
It's a uniform length of both too long and too short.

My hair is incredibly fine so styling is impossible without stupid amounts of gel or a very, very, very layered/"choppy", razored cut. Which I don't have because I shaved my head and don't have clippers of my own to keep it short or the money to have it interim styled between now and it growing out.

I don't really like it. When I need to look decent I tend to rock an Alistair (DA:O) hairstyle, which is bad. But it's better than nothing.

Oh, yeah, it's brown.

Also I have a really bad (see: Over grown/unkempt) chinstrap/van dike combo with cheek and neck stubble as I'm too lazy to shave and am enjoying not working or teaching which means no need to shave.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I'm a guy. My hair's brown, rather shaggy, and has grown too long at the moment.
I'm planning on cutting my hear in a couple of days to get rid of the aspiring mullet.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
(I'm a guy)

right now I have fairly short dark brown hair, my hair is very very curly though so if I don't cut it regularly it gets out of hand, turning into an afro.

but I have been wearing hats a lot more lately, I can't really style my hair so often it doesn't look how I want it to so I'll put on a hat instead.