Why is Your Hair the Way it is?

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
interspark said:
fellow escapist, kindly state what kind of hair you have, also what gender you are so we get an idea of how it looks, and why you have it that way,

i'm a guy but i have hair that comes down to my shoulders, i think it looks cool, it also differentiates me from my stepdad, who is a very bad person, and is bald. i usually have it in a ponytail, which i know looks much less cool, but it stops it getting in my face
I must be a carbon copy of you op. Except I dont wear it to differentiate myself. Shoulderlength, usually in a pony tail.

I started saving when I was around 16-17 years old, because a friend of mine was convinced I'd get an afro (I'm white). I had very thick hair. I started saving, almost got an afro and then gravity won. I thought I looked cool, and have had long hair since then. The only thing that'd make me change it is if I go bald. And even then, just maybe.

Dharmas dad in Dharma and Greg has a certain look going on...maybe that'll be how I end up when I get old. 28 years old now...still got my hair...

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Female, my hair is actually rather short. 9 millimeters, I cut it that way every week or so.. As to why? I dunno, I like it I suppose?

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I'm a girl with shoulder length natural blond hair cut in layers. This is about the closet thing I could find to it. I usually have it in a ponytail though because of work and I'm lazy in the mornings when I do my hurr.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Male, dark brown hair. At the moment, it's not exactly long, but sort of thick. I haven't had a haircut in a while. I prefer it to be shorter, and trimmed. I feel I look best like that.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I have long, dark brown hair in a 70's rocker style. I'm saving out to do cheesy white-guy dreads. Mostly to annoy hippies.
Because I hate hippies.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Male, blond, keeping it within military standards because it turns into an obnoxious, curly mess when allowed to get too long. Need a haircut soon, but might keep the bangs.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
1-3mm dark hair, because it matches well with my facial hair and is easy to maintain while still looking fashionable

longer hair is fine as well but is pretty costly if you want to have it done right (sorry but at a certain age the 10 EURO hairdresser at your local mall shouldnt be your style anymore...)

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
I'm a male with shoulder length (maybe a bit longer) hair which i keep dyed black underneath and bright blue on top.
I'm more than old enough to know better, but it's just kind of become the thing i'm known for.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Short back and sides, with a sorta curly mess on top. Used to be long, but then it started getting in the way.
Chap, by the way.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I'm male and I have dark brown hair. It's very easy to form my hair, just some water on my hands and I can form it nearly every way I want to.
I always had a lot of hair, even as a baby. When I was born, my head was already covered in my hair and for some reason I had somewhat of a mohawk haircut. The nurses thought that was very funny, so they took several photos when I was born. One of my cousins, who's much older than me, always played around with my hair giving it different styles, when I was a kid.
Now it's short and I used to just leave it whithout doing anything special with my hair but now I like to have spiky hair on the front of my head and because my hair is the way it is, I don't need gel for that.
I don't know why I like that now, I just think it looks good and it's not hard to do, takes about a minute at most.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
My hairs a bit curly and it goes down to me shoulders, if its straight it goes down to about the middle of me chest. Also I'm a bloke. I guess its like this as kind of way to show I like rock and metal, much like how a football fan wears his/her favourite teams top except this is all the time. I don't see why some people have issues with me just because of me hair, then again those people can go fuck themselves because half the time they're uneducated thick inbred aggresive tossers who I believe should be shot. I don't mind if people friendly joke about my hair as I will play along with it. Plus I'm in a band and well I'd look silly as everyone in the band has long hair.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Short and brown and male. Its fine and fluffs up easily, and past a certain point it irritates me anyway, so I can't grow it long. Not that I've ever seen any guy other than celebrities pull off long hair.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I am male and my hair is short/medium length, blonde and my fringe goes to the side emo fringe style. And it's quite fluffy hair haha.

Basically it won't do anything else. And I don't like having gel in my hair.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
My hair is an almost-black colour of brown, somewhat greasy and thick as hell. For now anyway, im getting a haircut soon so i dont have hair in my eyes, which i hate.

Normally it looks like shit because when i style it i go outside and it turns into a mess.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
The reason my hair is shaggy long is because the hair barber is backed up after a sick leave and it will be a while before I can go in and get my clawmark buzzcut.