Why is Your Hair the Way it is?

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Mine is thick, black and nappy. Im African american, so my hair grows thick and curly.

I dont care enough about what other people think to pick it everyday, so its not exactly "fashionable". If i do decide i dont like it the way it is, i get dreads for a while, just because theyre so much easier to manage.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Male, shaved head.

Main reason is vanity.

I've always been a bit vain and recently a grey streak has appeared along the side of my head. To preserve my vanity and deny that i'm getting any older i've taken to keeping my head shaved so no grey may show through.

I WIN AGEING HAIR, YOU'LL NEVER BEAT ME.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
Female and I have very, very short reddish/black hair (I tried dying it brown and it didn't work), but my natural color is dirty blonde, which hasn't shown in over a year. When I style it I think my bangs look like Lydia's from Beetlejuice a bit. I keep it this way because my hair is super thick and I have so much of it that it's just easier to take care of the shorter it is.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Male with light brown hair that when long, makes me look like one of the Beatles. It's bloody annoying. It's the way it is because I can't make it do anything else.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Male, black hair, down to the bottom of my ears. For the moment, it just exists. I'm intending to have it really long so that I can get meself a ponytail with it, but it'll be a while. So until then, I am completely neutral with the look of my hair.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Male, brown hair that is straight and long enough to reach to about the bottom of my shoulder-blades. It will get longer over time.

I have it this was simply because I feel it's 'me'. I have wanted my hair long for a long time but couldn't because of previous school dress codes; so now that I'm in University and I don't have to worry about such arbitrary restrictions, I've been letting my hair grow for the better part of the last three years.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Male, Medium length dirty blonde hair, I have bangs, sideburns that go about down to about half the length of my ear, and I keep it much shorter in the back than up top, because I like to be well groomed.

My hair is very wavy, and over the years I've tried growing it out, styling it, coloring it, whatever. It always looks weird. This is a style I basically just ended up sticking with, with gradual adjustments every now and then.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Male with medium-length brown hair, very messy, with strands going in every which way.

Think David Tennant, only with the bangs hanging over my forehead.

I just like the way it looks on me.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Male, Dark-blond hair, long.

When i moved out of my parents house and went to college i stopped cutting it - Only every few months i get it "cleaned up". At the moment it reaches down to my lower back. Normaly i have it bound as a pony-tail.

I used to have my hair that way as a sign for being "a free man". Didn't change it, partly because i like it, partly because i am too lazy. Sadly the majority of women doesn't like the style.

Oh, i also have a short beard too. AND YES... i DO look THAT horrible *g*

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
whoops double post
my last one didnt show up for some reason

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Im a male and my hair is dark brown and is cut short at the sides (its most likely at a 2 at the moment) and the top of my head is kept a little longer (a 5 by my estimate) and I keep it gelled up in a messy spike. I think it looks good on me (But what doesnt look good on me, Right) and I keep it like that because I like it that way and girls continually say to me that they like my hair style.

Ratlover

Jul 17, 2011
Don't have any hair because I was going bald and decided to shave it off. Of course being a white male, people for awhile thought I was a racist. You can't have a bald head and no beard, otherwise you look like Mr. Clean. Got my shaved head and a little bit of stubble on my face. Hate guys with ponytails, or that stupid emo haircut where hair is constantly getting in their eyeballs.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Female. My natural hair colour is dark brown, but I dyed it red then dyed it dark brown again so now in the light it looks red-brown (which I like). I'm growing my hair out again after cutting it pixie style, so it's now just past my chin. Straight bangs, layers because I have thick and I mean THICK hair.

I'm trying not to dye my hair anymore.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Im a guy, with Red hair, that forms a jewfro when i don't brush it. but when i do brush it it is straight but swooshes out at the ends.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
Black, fairly short, and stays down and away from my eyes. If it even dares touch my eye I swear so violently that it has to recoil away in shock.