Why is Your Hair the Way it is?

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I have long-ish brown hair that's kind of curly. It's really unruly at times, but I try to keep it organized but it never seems to agree with me. I usually brush my bangs to the side and it kind of forms a curl. My hair gets really frizzy though most of the time...

I'm male, BTW.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Guy. 3/8" up top, 1/8" on the sides and the back. No facial hair. It's brown.

Guess what, my job tells me how long my hair can be.

Jeff Loper

Feb 15, 2010
Human male with a buzz cut. I've had it like this for almost 20 years. It's a wash and go do :) I guess it make me look man or fierce. Oh well thats the scorpion [http://www.scorpioseason.com/scorpio-basics/].

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Male, like a solid 95% of this site. Light brown hair, and really short. Buzz-cut short.

Why? Well, firstly, it has to be military-short for ROTC. Although my sideburns are too long, so I'm going to have to either shave them soon, or get my ass chewed on.

But I also just prefer short hair. I've had longer hair, and it just doesn't look good on me. I don't like having to brush or comb my hair in the morning, and I don't like having to spend too much time washing it. With it cropped close like this, I can just roll out of bed and look fine.

It also compliments the basic shape of my head.

shadowkrai

Jan 23, 2011
Male, 17, shoulder length dark brown hair with light blonde streaks in it, fringe starts at my right(looking at me) eyebrow and goes down to just under my left eye, planning to get it dyed something really bright though
just felt it looked pretty cool, always thought the one thing emo/scene did right was the hairstyles

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
It's tied back because I was at work, and my bangs are pinned back because I wanted them the hell out of my face. It's red because I wanted it to be (fake red, not like.. ginger red), and it goes down to my ass because long hair is awesome.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Genetics, gel and purple dye. Essentially, it's straight, sticks out at strange angles sometimes and is a faded purple/brown.

smurf_you

Jun 1, 2010
(girl here) I have short dark brown/black hair, I have bangs but the rest of it is almost boy short... http://s2.hubimg.com/u/266589_f520.jpg pretty much this but dark :) and I always looked weird with long hair, so at 16 I started cutting it short, and its been getting shorter every cut since then ^_^

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
guy, brown hair, usually short but i let it grow long every now and then, I generally keep it messy with no hair products (e.g. hair gel, clay, everything other than shampoo of course). Oh and it generally tends to have a ginger/redish tint during the summer (damn my mother!).

Insanity_Zero

May 19, 2010
I'm a male. My hair dark brown; sort of an auburn color under the sun though. Usually, it's short and spiky but sometimes I let it grow out when it's cold. I don't know why (I really don't do it on purpose), but it ALWAYS goes straight up, with absolutely no hair-gel or anything like that at all. It's just really spiky hair. I don't know why. But that is just what it does. Hell, even when it's long (once had it past my shoulders at one point) the hair on the top of my head STILL shot straight up. My hair defies gravity on a daily basis and I have no idea why.
The only time it goes down? Right after I get out of the shower. And even then, once it dries, it goes straight back up. It's been commented upon, by everyone in my household, that if I bleached my hair, it would be the equivalent of a Super Saiyan transformation. I loathe my hair. I really do. Hell, I'm even contemplating just shaving my head completely.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
I'm male. My hair is what your hair looks like when you don't really style your hair at all, but do maintain it. Can't describe it, I'll probably have to look at a mirror because I don't pay much attention to it. My hair is black.

Screw hairstyles, I have no money.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Wouldn't it be easier for people to just post a picture? Anyways, chances are, someone must have already done so before I even post this.

My hair is cola colored, short, and straight. People tend to think my hair is black but it isn't. It's like a really dark brown and if you hold a strand of my hair up to the light you will realize it. I know, this sounds like bullshit. Oh yea, btw, I'm male.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
I'm female, and my hair is cut in a pretty asymmetrical A-line bob (It's about collarbone length on the left, goes up to really short in the back, then to about chin length on the right). I dye it red (needs a touch-up right now, it's caught between red and my natural coffee-brown) because I like it, and I keep it semi-short because it's easier to maintain and less heavy. I have pretty fine hair, but when it was long (down to my thighs) it weighed a ton.

Thanks for reminding me, I need a cut.

InsanelyZanter

Aug 8, 2010
Near-black brown. About two inches. Slightly longer bangs.

Pretty much just dry it off and leave it alone because I am lazy that way.

But it's very flat and smooth, so I sometimes gel it up David Tennant style when I'm going out.

Wait...What

May 10, 2009
Im Male Dark brown short hair. It used to be like shoulder length what a mistake that was, looking back at pictures is cringe, all my friends call me 'sell out' with my 'new hair' (its got shorter and shorter over about 3 years to what it is now) but it looks so much better :p
Short back and sides that gets thicker and really layered on top with a little bit of a fringe. I usually gel it up (mainly to look like my idol Matt Jarvis....LEGEND) and style it by messing it up to bring out the layers and pushing the little fringe i have to he side when it grows out pr just pushing ot straight up.

I have it like that because it looks fucking boss and im gorgeous ;)(and not at all vain) x

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Oh, how I weep when I read about women cutting their very long hair. I know it's heavy and a pain in the ass to maintain, but it's so awesome.

OT: My hair is stunningly bland. It's a sort of faded, dead-looking light brown with a touch of blonde. It goes about an inch past my ears down back, curls around them at the sides, and my messy fringe just touches my eyebrows. If I let it grow unchecked for too long, it develops into a sort of natural mullet, which terrifies and disgusts me.

All in all not a good look; but not, I think, an actively bad one either.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Mackheath said:
It used to be in a look I called the 'Burst Couch', where I was essentially growing a big afro. Now that it gets trimmed and not shaved by my military-standards mother, it grows into a flat style, flattening down to the left side of my forehead. Hair colour is dark brown/black.

I'm a dude.

mmm i like your hair like that too

OT: female with long red hair

Naturally my hair colour is blond(like dirty blond) I dyed it red because quite frankly it looks better and I get a +50 to my confidence and charisma(sad to say that is actually true). The reason it is long is because I have too many of my mates who like it long and who threaten me if I cut my hair so the only option is to keep it long. I'm only allowed to trim my hair and it currently goes down to my arse. (for those who were curious as to how long I consider long)

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Jack has curly dark-brown hair and a badass beard. Also, this is clearly a man we be talkin' about.

Why like this? Man, it's humid, dammit.