Why is Your Hair the Way it is?

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
SgtFoley said:
My hair is the way it is because that is the way I want my hair to be.
This. Male, light brown hair that goes down to the middle of my back, held in a pony tail. One day I just got tired of having short hair and decided to grow it out. 5 years later, 2ft long hair.

Although, this coming weekend I'm cutting it off to donate to make wigs for chemo patients. I haven't really decided if I want to grow it out again after that, or keep it short. It's been so long since I had short hair, I really don't know if I prefer it to long.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Military haircut, no choice. I prefer to keep it at about 1.5-2 inches up top though because I like to have something to run my hands through and keep my head warm(ish). Buzz cuts feel drafty.

Before I joined the Navy though I had hair down to my shoulders, and I HATED it. I only let it get that long because I didn't feel like going to get a haircut ever, but it was really pissing me off. It got in the way all the time, it looked stupid, and it was a pain in the ass to take care of. Getting it all chopped off was the best part about boot camp. :D

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I have short hair (not a buzz cut but just a little longer) and I'm a white dude with dirty blonde hair. I'm also average height and skinny.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I have brown hair that goes over all of my ears. I'm male. I have it this way because I can't stand short hair but I don't want it long. I don't have to do anything to it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Female
I have short (to jaw) hair that does what ever it want's and can only be tamed by my hairdresser, who cut's it how ever she wants, oh and it's purple!

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
I've got golden brown colored hair. It's short all over and the front is gelled up straight. Its kinda of hard to visualize, but if you go to my profile on the Escapist, my Xbox 360 avatar has the exact same hair.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I have hair thats just past my shoulders...I think its grown really fast

I had it ALOT longer, because I prefer longer hair and generally hate going to the hair dressers, it was getting a pian and i liek to wear it out

naturally its curly/frizzy (like herminone from HP) though I discovered the wonders of hair straightening, colur is some kind of mousy brown..not particually notable (was blonde when I wasa kid..it grew out when I stoped being cute :/)

unlike some girls I only have two modes....pony tail or out.....anything in between I have no friggin Idea

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
It's brown and messy, but not especially long. It just about doesn't get in my eyes. It's like that because anything I've tried to do to it ever looks shite, so I gave up doing anything (and I'm really, really lazy).

I also have sideburns. Sideburns are awesome. In the winter I tend to let my beard grow too, and as we all know, beards are fucking awesome.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I shave my head, mostly because it is a twisted mass (think steel wool). I'm lazy and just cut it down to nothing. When it gets long enough to grab, I cut it again.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
female here, shoulder length curly brown hair with a straightened fringe. There's a pic on my bio.

It's like the because of genetics mostly. keeping it at shoulder length is just the easiest way to manage it. It only takes 5 minutes from the minute I step out the shower to dry and straighten my fringe and put in the goo that stops going overly frizzy.
Plus if I tie it back, my facial features are like little blips on my huge face. I need to hide as much of my face as I can to look normal.

TL;DR Laziness!

Apr 24, 2008
Long and blonde. I'll be damned if I'm going to get my hair cut all the time, so it stays long and pretty unkept too...'cause I'll be damned if I'm combing it through all the time either.

I'll be damned!

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Typical asian hair. Except the part where I am balding. I think that might be because I am getting old.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
I have exceptionally long hair for a male; almost down to my waist now. Was able to have it down at work because I took great care of it. It is how it is because I simply like it.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Female.
Hair is falls slightly past my shoulders.
Black hair, extremely curly (like I'm talking freaking ringlets, man).
And yes it's completely natural (you have no idea how many people ask me about it).

I hate having curly hair, it's a pain in the ass to manage. I'd straighten it, but my parents are dead set against it (something something about it damaging my hair or whatever AND they feel that I should be happy with "what God gave me").

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I'm male. My colour is darker brown in the winter and lighter brown in the summer.

My hair goes completely over my ears, kind of pointing forward, and touches the bottom of my neck. It has a fair bit of volume, and I would describe it as "Indie Rock" if I had to. I've been told that it makes me look like a young Elton John if I put on circle glasses.

In 5-6th grade, my mom forgot to get me a haircut for about 6 months, and I didn't notice it until it came over my eyes. I stuck with it because it was comfortable and "cool", and will continue to have it because it still looks great. I play music too, so having longer hair is very fashionable for that. 'Tis great for headbanging onstage.

At this point, I'm probably so used to having longer hair that my head would be freezing cold without it.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Male, dirty blonde, down to about the moddle of my chin so just below my lips I guess at the front and a bit above sholders at the back.

Why? Because it's my natural hair colour and because I kept putting off getting a haircut then decided I quite like it long. Kind of Kurt Cobain-y.