why my life is awesome

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
so i work 12 hour days (i used to work 12-16) which means i am now due for another weekly 4 day weekend and decided to stop off and grab some thai food and a bottle of bourbon and as i walk out of the bottle shop BAM!! 50 bucks on the ground, i look around to see if anyone dropped it since i am one of those morons that actually give stuff back to their rightful owner and noone is around!!

i am now mildly intoxicated, $50 richer and going to eat some thai food and watch the latest episode of game of thrones. do any of you dare say your life is more awesome than mine?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Yes, i dare, for i am a brave forum hero.
For one, i am not intoxicated, which already puts me at a better position. For two, i do not work 12 hours a day, but instead 8,25 hours a day, though i do not have the 4 day weekends, this week i have 3 free days. I work a job that i love, have a place to live and food on my table and enough entertainment to last me a lifetime. The only thing better would be a cure for sleep, that 8 hour torture that makes us waste 1/3 of our lives.
Also i dont have to eat Thai too.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
pics or it didn't happen!
Oh well that sounds awesome, finding good stuff is always fun.
I don't watch GoT but I hear it's good and if you like it why not.
I won't tell you how awesome I am and why because that'd just make you feel down ;D

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Good for you! Enjoy your bourbon and Thai food. Although that does sound like a recipe for chunder in a few hours time, but enjoy it while it lasts :p

my life is awesome because I got up at 6:30, was in the library by 7:45 revising solidly, and I stayed there until 16:00. At 18:00 I'm going back for another few hours. Wait... That's not awesome. That's soul destroying. Oh well...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Angie7F said:
I have a four day long weekend so my life is pretty awesome.
I have a five month weekend.

My last exam of this year was Tuesday. I'm now free to do whatever I want until mid-September, which includes: Drinking, Download Festival, Shambala Festival, a trip to Amsterdam and drinking. The best part is, the government is paying for all of this (until I am no longer a poor student, and then they will sap my earnings for the rest of my life).

Oh, and they've brought back Vanilla Coke.

Being a student is pretty much the tits.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
My sister is coming home for the weekend to visit, and I'm going to see Iron Man 3 this weekend if I have to drag my friends there by the hair.

Also tomorrow is casual Friday. Huzzah!

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
I'm unemployed, poor and living with my parents. Yep, your life is awesome. Can you do me a favor and shoot me?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
My life is more awesome: that exact same thing happened to me as a kid; when $50 is a hell of a lot of money. This was also back in the 80s when $50 was worth more.
So I dare say my life is more awesome.

Anyone here ever read the book Prometheus Rising? There's a mental exercise where you imagine a quarter you're going to find. In a weird way, it works. It also works on larger denominations. I know it sounds like that "The Secret" bs (or Wish it want it do it from Family Guy) but Prometheus Rising is more about quantum psychology than new age stuff. Worth checking out.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
I have a girlfriend who means the world to me. I have an oldish but beloved BMW that I service myself. I have a well paying-ish job.

Although I do still live with my parents at 22. And I got offered a job at Amazon IT but couldn't take it due to personal reasons.

I'd say I'm about break even atm :)

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
lechat said:
so i work 12 hour days (i used to work 12-16) which means i am now due for another weekly 4 day weekend and decided to stop off and grab some thai food and a bottle of bourbon and as i walk out of the bottle shop BAM!! 50 bucks on the ground, i look around to see if anyone dropped it since i am one of those morons that actually give stuff back to their rightful owner and noone is around!!

i am now mildly intoxicated, $50 richer and going to eat some thai food and watch the latest episode of game of thrones. do any of you dare say your life is more awesome than mine?
Yes . . . my Oculus rift came yesterday :p AND I got off early today :)

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
well i have my own place, a beautiful fiance who the other night watched lord of the rings with me while i drank crown royal out of a chalice, and im currently drinking budweiser and playing injustice. not sure how i got here in life but damn i did something right

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
lechat said:
I do indeed. For one reason and one reason alone: My salary was doubled a month ago and I just got my first new paycheck yesterday.

It is awesome.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
lechat said:

I work for an hour, three days a week.

I'm self employed. I am a pretty good student. I receive scholarships from my uni and the government as well as student allowance from the government every fortnight.

My GPA is above 6.5 (7 being the highest possible), I'm in the process of applying to both medicine and the army so that I can have not only a wage, but all of my tuition paid, and my dream job (Doctor in the army); and I've scored above the average for applicants who were successful last year - at all but two of the medical schools in the country, to say nothing of the minimum requirements.

I'm able to vote, have free healthcare (cheers government), my uni fees are bundled into my tax (cheers again government), I'm on my universities judo team and am flying to the Gold Coast for Uni Games (largest sporting event in the country outside of the Olympics - Yes bigger than Commonwealth Games), and I've got a really awesome, supportive family.

Oh, and I just watched Biker Mice from Mars with my room mate for a little over an hour. It was fucking rad.

M920CAIN said:
I'm unemployed, poor and living with my parents. Yep, your life is awesome. Can you do me a favor and shoot me?
The only way to go is up my friend. It gets better.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Nothing in particular today made me think that - it mostly focused on doing maths. Uni level maths. It's just as fun as it sounds.

But I'm damn lucky to be getting this kind of education, even if I don't fully appreciate it now. I heard once that only 1% of the world population have a university/college level of education and I'm certain the % is an awful lot smaller again for an academic subject from a somewhat prestigious university so yeah - I'm damn lucky.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Argentina
My girlfriend is coming over in a couple of hours and we're baking brownies :p

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
I have exams starting in less than a week. I'm not drunk, and I'm completely burnt out, making it almost impossible for me to study. That is not awesome.

These are the last exams of my course. In less than a month, I'll be a fully qualified geologist, and I'll have most of the summer to relax, for the first time in two years. Furthermore, I've completed 84% of my course with a 2:1 average, which means that I'll only have to score about 45% or more on each exam to keep that 2:1. This is significantly more awesome.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I think I came down with some kind of stomach bug after I got back from my trip to Mexico last week that prevents me from eating food without feeling like it wasn't actually food, but razors. On the plus side, I might lose a few of the pounds I gained from the nine slices of flan I ate every day.