Why was this decided for a "Go vote" ad?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So I checked out their website - I can't find any link or reference to the Democratic party, and the cast/crew look mostly African American.
But I mean I wish there were hot dancers at my polling station ;)

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
On the one hand, it’s nothing visibly to do with democracy and the vote. On the other hand we’re all talking about it so mission accomplished? In a way?

Reactions: Tireseas

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
So I checked out their website - I can't find any link or reference to the Democratic party, and the cast/crew look mostly African American.
Yeah I didn't see where that came from either. I mean... I guess I don't see how a conservative Republican would make this but, eh, whatever. It's just kinda weird is all.

On the one hand, it’s nothing visibly to do with democracy and the vote. On the other hand we’re all talking about it so mission accomplished? In a way?
But does it make you want to fly over and vote in our election?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Yeah I didn't see where that came from either. I mean... I guess I don't see how a conservative Republican would make this but, eh, whatever. It's just kinda weird is all.

But does it make you want to fly over and vote in our election?
No but then again I maintain nought but bafflement to the sheer amount of insane pageantry that goes into the US Elections. Like there is some pomp and circumstance in the Australian elections but in the close to 24 years I’ve actively followed local and federal politics nothing we do ever compares to a US election

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Vote or die, ************. The elections have been a reality show for a long time now. This is how you get dumb people to talk and vote.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
From twitter

Whoever created this ad made it for men or women...who don't vote or are not registered to vote. Those folks that are in that category absolutely watched it, at least. Which is more than probably any other political commercial ever. It wasn't meant for you, so ignore it

Reactions: deleted20220709

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
If you track it back to the original fundraiser, you get the following background blurb:
We are Atlanta based filmmakers that want to use our talents to push for change in this country, and in Georgia in particular. Part of pushing for the change we want to see is helping put people in office who will support and advocate for those changes on a federal, state and local level. We met with the ACLU, Stacey Abrams and the Black Male Voter Project and all of them confirmed that if we can just get 100,000 more Black Georgians voting in November, we can turn Georgia blue! Black women vote more often than Black men, so we are focusing our campaign on Black men. We will create a series of PSAs and a meme campaign to inspire our brothers to vote.
So like, there's something in here about your everyday Democratic activist filmmakers assuming all the black men who don't make it to the polls a) would only ever vote blue and b) will be enticed by strippers into voting. But it doesn't seem to have any official Democratic Party involvement.

Tariq Nashid seems to have taken up a weird campaign against voting. I'm sure no thread here could ever be derailed by that idea.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
No but then again I maintain nought but bafflement to the sheer amount of insane pageantry that goes into the US Elections. Like there is some pomp and circumstance in the Australian elections but in the close to 24 years I’ve actively followed local and federal politics nothing we do ever compares to a US election
But the booty!

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I wouldn't say its weird, its just not conventional. They're using their talents and business, stripping, to drum up the vote. I didn't see anyone say who to vote for, when or where, just register to vote and get your voice heard. Strippers may be an unconventional political action group, but hey it got my attention.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I wouldn't say its weird, its just not conventional. They're using their talents and business, stripping, to drum up the vote. I didn't see anyone say who to vote for, when or where, just register to vote and get your voice heard. Strippers may be an unconventional political action group, but hey it got my attention.
I suppose I cannot argue against the results.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Here's an idea: Make the most offensive "go vote" ad ever, but "aim" it at your opposition. If you don't want people to vote for Trump, for example, make your ad seem like it's appealing to the Trump voters. Have it chock full of guns, farms, racism, bigotry, misogyny, whatever insulting things you can think of. Make the people watching think "I have to go to the polls to stop them from winning!"

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Have it chock full of guns, farms, racism, bigotry, misogyny, whatever insulting things you can think of.
Those are Busch league numbers son! You want to get into their minds, where's the rape? Where's the incest and pedophilia? Where's Donald Trump saying he wants to date his daughter and that their shared common interest was sex? Where's Trump telling 12 year olds he'll be dating them soon. Where's Trump on that Lolita Express plane with Epstein, saying "He likes them young?"
Where's Jim Jordan covering up years of abuse at Ohio State? Where's Roy Moore and his behind the diner 'fests'?

You wanna go whole hog, get some pigs in there!

Reactions: Houseman

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Here's an idea: Make the most offensive "go vote" ad ever, but "aim" it at your opposition. If you don't want people to vote for Trump, for example, make your ad seem like it's appealing to the Trump voters. Have it chock full of guns, farms, racism, bigotry, misogyny, whatever insulting things you can think of. Make the people watching think "I have to go to the polls to stop them from winning!"
Just load up some Qanon ’facts’ for the conservatives

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It sounds like you have to be there for a while lining up so you may as well be entertained