Why Would Anyone Buy a Street Fighter IV HDTV?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Why Would Anyone Buy a Street Fighter IV HDTV?

In case Super Street Fighter IV tournament sticks just weren't extravagant for you, you could always shell out the dough for a 46" SSF4-themed HDTV.

Now, don't get me wrong - I love me some Street Fighter. I just don't love it enough to throw down $150 on branded arcade sticks [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/88514-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Sticks-and-Pads-Announced-at-Last]. But there are some people who do, and I won't hold that against them. If you happen to be one of those people who really, really loves Street Fighter, and you have a lot of disposable income burning a hole in your pocket, why not take a step up and upgrade: Get a Street Fighter IV HDTV.

Created by Street Fighter IV [http://www.rtc23.com/] images when turned on.

No pricing has been announced yet, but ... really, do you guys know anyone who would buy something like this? Sure, it looks cool-ish, and the SF4-themed boot-up is kind of nifty, but it just seems so unnecessary. At least a fighting stick helps you play better competitively (in theory).

Frankly, I can't see this being worth the investment unless the TV itself throws a Hadouken at you every time you turn it on. And I don't mean an image of a Hadouken, I mean the real thing. Then it might be worth it.

(Technabob [http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Roundtable-Concepts-Inc-is-prnews-2315147896.html?x=0&.v=1])

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
Wow, thats actually pretty damn cool. If I wasn't going to be a poor student in a few months then that would definately be an awesome money sink for me.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
If it was mortal kombat themed i may be inclined to buy. But with Street Fighter i'd rather smash it with a sledgehammer.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
while that is pretty cool, i don't think i would buy it.

Mostly because i don't have the money.

Now once im wealthy i might consider it.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
a TV that plays 8 seconds worth of street fighter art when you turn it on?

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Altorin said:
a TV that plays 8 seconds worth of street fighter art when you turn it on?

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.
This is exactly what I thought when I read it - that's going to get old really fast.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
If it was mortal kombat themed i may be inclined to buy. But with Street Fighter i'd rather smash it with a sledgehammer.
Hell yeah, I'd save up the money to have Scorpion say "GET OVER HERE" every time I turn on my TV.
anthony87 said:
I still think it's more reasonable than the gold PS3.
Alright, I never heard of that, care to show me?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I like the border, but having to have Street Fighter IV come up for 8 seconds when I turn it on, I wouldn't like that.

Plus, chances are it'll be 1.5-3 times as expensive as a normal TV. That money good do something good, so it seems like a waste to me.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
NotAPie said:
SnootyEnglishman said:
Hell yeah, I'd save up the money to have Scorpion say "GET OVER HERE" every time I turn on my TV.
anthony87 said:
I still think it's more reasonable than the gold PS3.
Alright, I never heard of that, care to show me?
It's on this very site.
[link]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96682-Be-the-Man-With-the-Golden-PS3-for-Just-5000[/link]

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
This is one of those things i think is really cool but would never actually buy!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
If you were a hard core fan I could seevtgat would be epic!

Intresting concept lol

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
You know if you take the price of your ps3 or xbox360 the control
stick, the game, and the tv. You could have enough to buy the arcade system.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
I'm surprised to find so many people on the escapist willing to shell out cash for this; yes I'm aware this is on the internet. Ploys like this make me think the SF team doesn't understand economics, maybe they should release an ultra edition with new character skins, that would probably make more money than a SF themed television.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Wait... so it displays 8 seconds of pictures when you want to turn it on? Why would you do that? Every time you turn on the TV to watch anything it will have an annoying picture come up.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
A tv that plays adds each time you turn it on? no thanks.

I would consider buying it if it was almost the same cost of a regular led screen.