Why's everyone mad about no offline Diablo 3 single player?

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Sober Thal said:
oplinger said:
Oddly, some people don't have a stable, or constant connection to, the internet. So anything requiring internet access is a bit iffy.

..Was a bigger problem back when steam did it, but I don't see the issue now. ...Other than the more rural areas of the US..maybe some other countries.
Steam doesn't at all require any type of internet connection to play games anymore?

I have I guy I need to tell this to. He hated having to be connected. He kept saying he would be kicked out of some offline type games.
You need to be online to say...play games online, but steam has an offline mode now, it didn't used to. So if you didn't have internet, any steam game could not be played.

Fumbl3s

Sep 9, 2010
It is a measure designed to prevent piracy. And it's terrible. People will find ways to pirate it anyways, and people who legitimately purchase the game but have crappy or no reliable internet connection won't be able to enjoy the game.

MeSomeGuy

Aug 10, 2009
I wouldn't have no problem with this... If I lived in an area that had a stable Internet Connection. I can't play Starcraft 2 with my friends/neighbors, and now I can't play Diablo.
WTF!

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Thread seems filled with the typical, "When Blizzard does it, it's okay."

Honestly, it won't affect me much, but, if I were to ever lose my internet for a bit, I'd be damn pissed.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
oplinger said:
..Was a bigger problem back when steam did it, but I don't see the issue now. ...Other than the more rural areas of the US..maybe some other countries.
I doubt those rural areas have the kind of mega-nerds that would actually be interested in a Blizzard game.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Andy of Comix Inc said:
oplinger said:
I doubt those rural areas have the kind of mega-nerds that would actually be interested in a Blizzard game.
Oh how you'd be wrong.

Rural doesn't mean farmers. Just means low population density. Imagine the suburbs only with less people.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
BakaSmurf said:
Sorry, I had a brain fart and for some ungodly reason, managed to somehow combine Assassin's Creed 2 with Diablo 3...
Diablo mixed with AC...my god, I need it NAO!
OT:I don't have a problem with it but I can see how some people do.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Because pirates, eventually, will not have such a minor inconvience?

Once again this will, ultimately, be a case where the pirates have the superior product. Which is bad business.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
While this is not as bad as Ubisofts DRM, it's still a punch in the face for everyone without a internet-connection and will surely cost Blizzard a lot of sales.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I personally would rather not have DRM like this. Even having to authenticate every 15 days or so is a bit iffy for me because I never know if or even when I'm going to move to another place and whether or not that place will have any sort of internet connection. Considering that the last place I lived in had a net connection that was so abysmal that it wouldn't even allow you to merely authenticate any game whatsoever, this is something that kind of irks me a fair bit. Sure, I live in a decent place with a good connection at the moment, but how long will it last before I move elsewhere?

I mean, sure you could just get yourself a decent connection one way or another but having unreceptive flatmates is an unfortunately possible barrier one has to deal with when trying to sort out such matters.

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
-Samurai- said:
And how does this affect people with no internet connection at all? Hell, I'm not even sure if I'll have internet access for much longer.

Should I not be allowed to play a single player game because I can't pay for the internet? Surely I can't have pirated the game without an internet connection.

Diablo 3 is looking less and less like the sequel I was hoping for.
Agree 100%. I have no internet at home at the moment due to godawful service from my ISP so I am currently surviving on SP games (borrow a mates connection every couple of weeks to download new stuff from steam!).

Bloomin ridiculous!

WhyLater

Sep 21, 2009
I may be way out of line with this point, but... It seems to me that anyone that can afford a computer decent enough to run a brand-spanking new game can afford internet. Hell, my computer is like 6 years old, and will in no way be able to run D3, but I still pay for my own internet.

This is but a single point though. I don't present it as a complete solution, only an additional something to consider. Notably, I acknowledge the cases of internet simply being unavailable to someone, such as the Navy gentleman's case. That's something that should not be overlooked.