Wii sales down, DS too

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
this isn't bread people, consoles are supposed to last for a long time.... oh wait i forgot about you americans and your 'consumer society'

d^%&^%#

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
PurpleSky said:
this isn't bread people, consoles are supposed to last for a long time.... oh wait i forgot about you americans and your 'consumer society'

d^%&^%#
All societies from the Industrial Revolution onward that participate(d) in the global market ,even just a little, can be considered "materialistic/consumer society".

So please don't try to use the phrase as a dysphemism; it just looks silly.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
Was bound to happen at some point. Don't worry, when the 3DS comes out everyone will buy it at its 300$ pricetag, and Nintendo's stocks will go soaring again.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Everyone's been buying the Wii, so it was only a matter of time before sales started to go down, simply because ALMOST EVERYONE has a Wii. And when so many people have the Wii, there are less people to sell to, resulting in less sales. As for the DS, yeah, it's just waiting for the 3DS.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
PurpleSky said:

d^%&^%#
All societies from the Industrial Revolution onward that participate(d) in the global market ,even just a little, can be considered "materialistic/consumer society".

So please don't try to use the phrase as a dysphemism; it just looks silly.
Silly is when you buy a product 7 times over because it is faulty.
I don't want to argue this, because it is true, you americans especially are used to spending a lot on games.

I was just saying it's not a perishable product, you need to stop thinking of a console as something that will last a year tops, before it breaks down or you buy a newer model [sub]which you do[/sub]

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
migo said:
People keep saying it, and they're wrong. 70 million isn't market saturation, I don't care what your argument is, but less than half the market of gamers and potential gamers isn't even close to saturation.
Wii saturation is different from PS2 saturation. Also, those PS2 numbers are lifetime numbers and are for about twice as long as the Wii. Hell, this past year there were another million PS2s sold. Saturation is saturation, it isn't over the total market but the available, interested market.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
PurpleSky said:
I don't want to argue this, because it is true, you americans especially are used to spending a lot on games.

I was just saying it's not a perishable product, you need to stop thinking of a console as something that will last a year tops, before it breaks down or you buy a newer model [sub]which you do[/sub]
So many false statements there. So hilarious.

Fallacy: Gross Generalization. ("Which you all do")
Fallacy: Burden of Proof ("I don't want to argue this"), no evidence to support claims.

It's probably wise not to argue if that's what you're going to say. Even though it was you who went on a-tangentially related diatribe against Americans. You are trolling in any case, so enjoy the response. It killed about 10 minutes of dead air between classes for me.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Well, new things are coming out in those markets (3DS, Kinect, and Move). And Nintendo has already sold so many of the damn things that the market for people to buy them is small anyway.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Question: How are XBox & PlayStation sales in the same time period looking? After all, if they were in similar rates of decline, that would simply indicate a poor market, while lesser decline and/or growth would indicate Nintendo has a problem.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Well pretty much everyone has had or owns a Wii. The newer models, as well as more interesting games for the Xbox and Playstation have attracted new customers and more sales. I think...

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Or everybody has now got one, and their only sales are now the people just buying a second and/or replacement Wii?

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
PurpleSky said:

Fallacy: Burden of Proof ("I don't want to argue this"), no evidence to support claims.

It's probably wise not to argue if that's what you're going to say. Even though it was you who went on a-tangentially related diatribe against Americans. You are trolling in any case, so enjoy the response. It killed about 10 minutes of dead air between classes for me.
It's still true.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
PurpleSky said:
Atmos Duality said:
PurpleSky said:

It's still true.
Show me. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
PurpleSky said:

d^%&^%#
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be an insult or what, to be honest.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
KEM10 said:
migo said:
People keep saying it, and they're wrong. 70 million isn't market saturation, I don't care what your argument is, but less than half the market of gamers and potential gamers isn't even close to saturation.
Wii saturation is different from PS2 saturation. Also, those PS2 numbers are lifetime numbers and are for about twice as long as the Wii. Hell, this past year there were another million PS2s sold. Saturation is saturation, it isn't over the total market but the available, interested market.
That's like saying the GameCube reached saturation at 20 million.

Last Valiance

Jun 26, 2010
With the wii, so many have been sold that the market has reached COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION!!! BWAAH! (kudos for reference; not that hard)

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
PurpleSky said:
Atmos Duality said:
PurpleSky said:

It's still true.
What, exactly, is true? A random claim based on stereotypes? Probably made solely because hating on America is fun?

Atmos Duality said:
PurpleSky said:
Atmos Duality said:
PurpleSky said:

It's still true.
Show me. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

I agree with this guy. Show evidence, or I call you silly and move on with my life.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Woodsey said:
PurpleSky said:

d^%&^%#
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be an insult or what, to be honest.
It's e-rage from what I can decipher.
Funneled at America so that s/he can feel better about him/herself.