Wii Sports Resort

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Wii Sports Resort

Yahtzee provides some real world alternatives to the Wii Sports Resort activities.

Read Full Article

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
We definitely need a good stealth game. We also need a stealth game that incorporates the picking of locks, tapping of phone lines, and investigation of evidence pointing to terrorist activity rather than solving an international crisis by shooting anybody in the area who isn't white directly in their non-Caucasian faces.

Sid Meier's Covert Action did this waaaaay back in the day but such things are too boring for most people who consider Halo the pinnacle of an immersive action experience.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I just completed Sniper Elite. I dont normally go in for stealth games but it was a lot of fun, setting up explosives to use as a diversions, then when they denotate, running round the back of all the guards who are now conveniently looking the wrong way.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
I've actually never played an awesome stealth game. So a really good one would be a sure buy for me.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
For bowling I imagine heartily cupping a man's balls, not that I am gay or anything its just, urm...
Also thanks to yahzees red faction Guerilla review I decided to buy prototype instead, and I am deeply grateful.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
Damn, now every time I play wii sports, I'm going to imagine those things instead. Get it out of my head!

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
I have high hopes for the new Thief game. Too bad we'll probably be waiting for 2 more years at least.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
That was hilarious, Mr Croshaw!

Also, what do you think of Hitman: Blood Money? That had the best of both worlds (if you were good enough)

ippie

Jul 12, 2009
RF: G does look fun can't get it now though :( i have the demo but half the time i go back and bomb incoming innocent cars.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Hmm... the article needs some better formatting at the end. At first, I couldn't tell what was a quotation and what wasn't or to whom to attribute them. Maybe quotation marks or italics or something would clear up my confusion.

wurm64

Jun 24, 2009
I always want to put something smart in a comment that may make Yahtzee be like, "why didn't I think of that". But I can't so that means that Yahtzee is still better than me and most people. But you know what I except that and I will keep reading ZP extra and ZP for its ensiteful (sorry if spelt wrong) words of wisdom that he offers to us.

Angrylemming

Aug 19, 2008
I know what you mean. When I was playing Deus Ex there were parts where I was forced to abandon stealth and instead blast my way through. It worked but it sort of felt like cheating a bit that my mistake could be patched up with a few rockets to the face of whatever happened to be aiming a gun at me.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Great job, funny as always.
Is extra punctuation going to become a weekly thread on the escapist?
ippie said:
RF: G does look fun can't get it now though :( i have the demo but half the time i go back and bomb incoming innocent cars.
Where do you get the demo? And welcome to the escapist.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Yahtzee ain't done tearing up RF:G just yet. And a nice approach at solidifying his views on Wii Sports Resort. I look forward to these columns, they give Yahtzee a slightly more... human view? It's odd, he seems to come across as more humane and such when writing, as apposed to the videos. Oh well, either way, I am, and have been, enjoying both for quite some time, even if he does keep "badmouthing my beloved Wii."

ippie

Jul 12, 2009
CaptainChaosify said:
Great job, funny as always.
Is extra punctuation going to become a weekly thread on the escapist?
ippie said:
Where do you get the demo? And welcome to the escapist.
get the demo at xbox live marketplace thing free.

oshin

Apr 25, 2008
Your so correct about redfaction, I only ever played the demo, but after 20 minutes of burrowing around (I think i even managed to get to the limit of how far you can burrow) I tried to play the game proper. So you find youself out of the mine and into these steel corridors that you cant burrow through, and hey presto your just playing some poor quake rip off. It makes sense though, otherwise you`d finish the game in 20 minutes just burrowing to the exits boulder dash style.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
I played Red Faction with a friend, we played vs mode and it seemed alright, none of the AI seemed to be able to kill us that easily, though I didn't play it beyond that and could totally understand if it was rubbish.

Good to see though Yahtzee's got to the point in his career where he can just now outright say an opinion is entirely wrong and effectivly achive the parodoxical.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
I like the second replay very much: "your opinion is so wrong that someone else should make it for you" XD well, maybe some people like to see "Game Over" sign and that's why they play games.

I'm guessing there isn't much reason to unwind on Wii Sports, as it's game for casual gammers and it's at least better than playing Paggle.