Wii Sports Resort

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
Cheesebob said:
That was hilarious, Mr Croshaw!

Also, what do you think of Hitman: Blood Money? That had the best of both worlds (if you were good enough)
Funnily enough I'm just off Blood Money and onto The Escapist. I started playing it a few days back and I agree. You can be stealthy when you want to for more of a challenge or you can run in all guns blazing when you just feel like killing all those Gun-wielding manics at the Wedding...

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Pankeyman said:
Is it ok if I replace Superman with Batman? Or do I have to follow them to a T?
Don't be silly. Everyone knows Batman can't fly. Or if he did, you'd just have to pretend to be sitting in first class or on a private jet or something.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Wolcik said:
I like the second replay very much: "your opinion is so wrong that someone else should make it for you" XD well, maybe some people like to see "Game Over" sign and that's why they play games.

I'm guessing there isn't much reason to unwind on Wii Sports, as it's game for casual gammers and it's at least better than playing Paggle.
It isn't better. Peggle is an actual game.

Wii Sports is just simulating summer stuff without "the feel". Just because it's called "SUPREME SURFING" doesn't mean it feels like real surfing. Same goes for riding the bike or swimming. Cars are an exception, because where can you drive 300km/s on a racing track/in a city?

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Podunk said:
Pankeyman said:
Don't be silly. Everyone knows Batman can't fly. Or if he did, you'd just have to pretend to be sitting in first class or on a private jet or something.
What are you talking about? Batman would simply scowl at the air until it submitted to his whims and took him where he wanted to go.

When he's really pissed, he'll scowl at the fabric of reality and instantaniously warp to the people whose asses he wants to kick.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
You know, it really almost sounds like Yahtzee likes the wii, but is just fed up with the control system. I think he would like it if it had some standard controllers.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
randommaster said:
Podunk said:
Pankeyman said:
What are you talking about? Batman would simply scowl at the air until it submitted to his whims and took him where he wanted to go.

When he's really pissed, he'll scowl at the fabric of reality and instantaniously warp to the people whose asses he wants to kick.
Scowlwarping also doesn't seem like an efficient motion for cycling or jet skiing games. : o
Just sayin'.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Podunk said:
randommaster said:
Podunk said:
Pankeyman said:

Scowlwarping also doesn't seem like an efficient motion for cycling or jet skiing games. : o
Just sayin'.
I'm going to steal the word scowlwarping and use it to become famous.

Scowlwarping isn't really a motion, though, so it wouldn't be a good fit for the Wii. It might get some use with Natal, though.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
randommaster said:

Scowlwarping isn't really a motion, though, so it wouldn't be a good fit for the Wii. It might get some use with Natal, though.
A game that registers facial expressions and uses it to affect gameplay would be hillarious. Just think, a game like Mass Effect or Fable where you have to smile all the time or people won't give you their quests or something... if you frown you have to start the dialogue sequence all over again.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Podunk said:
randommaster said:

A game that registers facial expressions and uses it to affect gameplay would be hillarious. Just think, a game like Mass Effect or Fable where you have to smile all the time or people won't give you their quests or something... if you frown you have to start the dialogue sequence all over again.
That would be horribe! Imagine having to listen to some hhuge chun of plot exposition over again because you got bored. Or was this originally an idea to brainwash people into becoming the Joker?

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
BlueInkAlchemist said:
We definitely need a good stealth game. We also need a stealth game that incorporates the picking of locks, tapping of phone lines, and investigation of evidence pointing to terrorist activity rather than solving an international crisis by shooting anybody in the area who isn't white directly in their non-Caucasian faces.
Why not go all the way? Why not include extraordinary rendition, or interrogations?

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
zoozilla said:
Why not go all the way? Why not include extraordinary rendition, or interrogations?
I would hope that the game designers would have the good sense to have it based more on the rendered emotional reactions of the person being interrogated, in a Law & Order or NCIS style conversation (perhaps using a Mass Effect-like branching tree system), rather than torture.

Meaning this conjectural game should not be developed by EA.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I don't remember the AI in RF1 ever actually firing the rail guns when they could see you. Granted it's been nearly a decade since I played the game, but, still...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Given a choice Yahtzee, I think I'd rather play Wii Sports Resort then any of your suggestions; but whatever floats your boat dude.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Ha, loved the Wii Sports comments. I was never interested in Red Faction to begin with, but it gave me a few laughs anyway to read what he had to say.

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
Yahtzee, there is actually a few storage tank type things that when detonated release explosions of green, blue, and purple. The poor child doesn't need his brain checked, you just need to pay a bit more attention before calling someone crazy.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
This is just more Red Faction: Guerrilla (of which he wouldn't care about if it wasn't called that, not so much whether the game is fun or not, plus I don't recall the game every being advertised as having stealth) and I thought this was a follow up on each game... unless everyone can agree Wii Sports Resort is a poor excuse of a greedy cash grab Nintendo style.

Jawshey

Jun 1, 2009
I won't one of the people dragged into playing Wii Sports Resort, or be forced to pay for something that fixes my Wii. It was a flaw they should of dealt with in the first place. Now they're forcing me to buy the peripheral to play most of the future Wii games.

No. No I won't. I'd rather pay for that Project Natal gimmick and cut my 'casual' gaming onto my Xbox 360, since Nintendo is just extorting more money than I seem necessary. I think it should be a choice to buy and use Wii Motion Plus in games and not be forced to pay for it. You pay for the bonus that the Wii gets your commands better or you live without it and do the usual remote waggling. But then again, Nintendo wouldn't get as many sales.

It just brings me back to the N64's Expansion Pack that did basically nothing to improve games IMO, yet games stopped you from playing them UNLESS you had an Expansion Pack. Why couldn't we compromise for a cheaper price?

But no. We're still treated like the gimmicky consumers we are. Thanks Nintendo!

Now to go to Microsoft and pay real money for clothing I won't ever wear. Dam you M$!

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
So this is a companion to every video from now on? I guess it helps clear up arguements and stuff on the Video comments, and lets you elaborate certain points that may seem ambigous.

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
I always thought that "Red Faction" was a rip-off of the "Half-Life" games. Even then, I thought the 'destructive terrain' thing was kind of cool for combat purposes as it means that some cover you or your enemies were relying on could be reduced to open gaps similar to the barricades in a "Space Invaders" game. There was one point I remember where I was having a gun battle with a bunch of guards on a cat-walk at the beginning and, somehow, a hole emerged through the cat-walk which allowed either the enemies (or more possibly) me to throw grenades down.

Even then, I doubt you could actually dig to the exit in the first "Red Faction" game as I recall that the only weapon which can do such a thing in the beginning was this rocket launcher-like weapon, but had limited ammo.

Though I doubt the destructive terrain served much in combat in the first game...Its been years since I played it and even then, it didn't really innovate anything.

Good comments on the "Wii Sports" game, though I'm a bit confused on the argument that this is not so 'immersive'.