Wii U to Switch ports you want?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
When it comes to ports from the Wii U to the Switch, what're your wishlists?

I'll start by saying I'd love an updated Switch version of Hyrule Warriors Legends. The content (and possibly thensome) of Legends with the visuals and performance of the Wii U original, it'd be the definitive version of the game.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Was coming is just to say Hyrule Warriors, though I'd prefer a straight up sequel. The combat was fantastic.

Past that, I think Pokken Tournament would go over really well.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
I would say Hyrule Warriors....but Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 apparently has differences between other versions (which might affect enemy density due to processing), that i wouldn't be surprised if a HW port on the Switch took 3DS content with slightly better graphics or something. if it's a new game built from the ground up, then i wouldn't think that Fire Emblem Warriors would suffer from problems. a Hyrule Warriors 2 on the other hand, i could see happening since they have more games worth of material.

Always the Bayonetta games. though it might be seen as promoting games that they've already released. though if both games were on one cartridge, they're relatively new enougth to justify the price. unlike a majority of ported-over Nindies. guess there's also Pokken if they're not going to update the Wii U version. Smash feels like it'd have a 4.5, the cost for additional content in that game felt like too big a hurdle for actual playability. with Mario Kart 8, you were getting a handful of characters and 16 courses for ?14 and the online was much more acessible, compare that to Smash's costs for borrowing the IPs....and a severe amount of Mii costumes (when Nintendo themselves are downplaying them. seemingly only keeping them to a minimal exposure because Mario Kart 8 used them) that you couldn't use online except against friends.

The elephant in the room would be Star Fox Zero, just because it was one of the last major Nintendo titles to even use the Gamepad (to the extent that BOTW shown it during E3 once then dropped it), it'd be kinda hard to even emulate aspects like having characters talking to you as if you're in a cockpit without something like a devoted phone app or something. a separate Joycon mode might be the equivalent of using 2 Wiimotes. also Zooming in things might be problematic unless its like older games.

Nintendo could remedy slightly older games by releasing them as bundled remasters or something. even with Star Fox Zero being a reboot, i probably wouldn't mind if Star Fox 64 3D was bundled with it. or having the Zero assets re-purposed for a Star Fox (original) mode. the series definitely needs a more decent high note before inevitably being remade again for the 3rd (or so) time...not even counting games that presumably happened after 64.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Nothing. i already have all the Wii U games i want.

give me new games damn it!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Xenoblade Chronicles X, I guess. It's the only game in the Wii U line-up I'm interested in.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Plucky said:
I would say Hyrule Warriors....but Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 apparently has differences between other versions (which might affect enemy density due to processing), that i wouldn't be surprised if a HW port on the Switch took 3DS content with slightly better graphics or something. if it's a new game built from the ground up, then i wouldn't think that Fire Emblem Warriors would suffer from problems. a Hyrule Warriors 2 on the other hand, i could see happening since they have more games worth of material.
To be fair, the DQH collection are downgraded ports from systems that exceed the Switch in specs by a landslide. Hyrule Warriors was a Wii U game before it was on 3DS, and the Switch is more powerful than the Wii U. Assuming they're able to properly port a game from AMD hardware to NVIDIA hardware, it should be relatively simple to make an enhanced port of Legends with Wii U-levels of visual fidelity.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Chimpzy said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X, I guess. It's the only game in the Wii U line-up I'm interested in.
Xenoblade Chronicles X was pretty meh.

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii was a million times better in all honesty

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Yoshi178 said:

Well yeah, the Wii game is my favorite console straight up jrpg[footnote]Valkyria Chronicles beats it, but that's a strategy rpg[/footnote] of its generation and the sole reason Xenoblade Chronicles X catches my interest. That said, if the latter is really a meh game, I'm probably going to relegate it to 'maybe nab a cheap secondhand copy when I decide to get a second hand Wii U'.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Wonderful 101 definitely.

That being said good luck porting it if it gets green lit because the control scheme, hoh boy. That is the most "WiiU" of WiiU games library.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Chimpzy said:
Yoshi178 said:

Well yeah, the Wii game is my favorite console straight up jrpg[footnote]Valkyria Chronicles beats it, but that's a strategy rpg[/footnote] of its generation and the sole reason Xenoblade Chronicles X catches my interest. That said, if the latter is really a meh game, I'm probably going to relegate it to 'maybe nab a cheap secondhand copy when I decide to get a second hand Wii U'.
X is a great game.

it just feels very meh when you compare it to the original Xenoblade.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Kibeth41 said:
Even using the touchscreen for the forms was way less efficient than using the second analog stick.
not really. depends on the shape

for example it was bloody damn hard to differentiate between the Wonder Whip and the Wonder Claws with the Analogue stick.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Chimpzy said:
Yoshi178 said:

As Yoshi already stated I like the new games, I played the WiiU games already. If they are new iterations to the series then fine but just straight ports no thanks.

Well you're in luck as they have announced that they are working on a Xenoblade game which is more in the stye of the Wii one :D

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Xenoblade X, Tokyo Mirrage Sessions, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and that's kinda it. Btw, it just hit me but does the wii u even have a pokemon stadium style game? I think it's the only system that died before getting one of those, which is quite sad lol.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
All of them? I doubt I'll be picking up a Switch anytime soon, but I'm not opposed to grafting most of the Wii U library on there. Smash 4 at the very least. WW HD would be my next pick, along with Xenoblade X.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Bayonetta 2, Star Fox Zero, The Mario Games and Wonderful 101. Star Fox Zero would be most exciting since unshackled from the albatross of the WiiU gamepad it could be even better. Obviously more work to translate though. Wonderful 101 would also be improved by a dedicated controller system but that would be much easier to do.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
I wouldn't mind an updated port of Super Smash Bros.

I wouldn't mind a new one either, really.

thenewguy512739

Feb 14, 2017
I want some backwards compatibility with digital games (really don't want to buy MK8 again), Runbow and, if possible, Affordable Space Adventures.