"Will It Blend" Slices and Dices Daleks

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
"Will It Blend" Slices and Dices Daleks

Blendtec wants you to know that the Daleks from Doctor Who aren't all that scary, especially if you own one of the company's blenders.

Any Doctor Who fan can tell you that the <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalek>Daleks are harder to kill off than New York's rat population. No matter how many times their plots are thwarted or they're seemingly eliminated from reality, the darn things keep on coming back. However, the guys at Blendtec have a surprisingly effective solution: throw the Daleks into a Total Blender.

Sebastian J. Brook, editor for Doctor Who Online made a guest appearance on "Will It Blend" and presented host Tom Dickson with the dilemma the Daleks present. Dickson asked some thoughtful questions: "Have you tried freezing them? Have you tried to get them to fight each other? Have you tried to blow them up? Have you tried to stuff them in a void?"

After exhausting all other options, the Total Blender was brought into play and the mini-Dalek is dropped in. Things work out just as you expect they would, complete with TARDIS sound effects, though blending the little guy into tiny pieces takes a bit longer than it normally does. Still, kudos to Blendtec for this great, nerdy little video.

Thanks to the The_root_of_all_evil for the tip!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
You're gonna pay for that, we will always return count on it!

That whole scene makes me a saaaaad dalek.... D:

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
This is how the Daleks have to be defeated the next time they show up now, it just has to be.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok so the Doctor would have to create a giant size Blender and find a way to trap in a bunch of Daleks.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
That is fairly amazing. Now put that blade on the end of a screwdriver and the good Doctor will be in heaven.

On an aside, I didn't know that they were still doing these shows... I'll have to look them up.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
I love the Will it Blend series: This only adds to my adoration.

What a great way to advertise.

EDIT:
InterAirplay said:
Oh, god, Will It Blend is still running? why?
Heh, yin/yang eh.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
InterAirplay said:
Oh, god, Will It Blend is still running? why?
This! It was pretty funny about 4 years ago, but now it's just pandering to popular culture that got there late.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Yay, I always knew that industrial sized blender I have could come in handy!