Will Nathan Fillion Be an Avenger?

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
YES!!!!!!!

Love Nathan, no idea who Ant-man is, but if he's played by Nathan Fillion might as well print me a ticket right now.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
JordanMillward_1 said:
Please God let this be true.

If I had been blessed with XY chromosomes when I was born, I'd have Fillion's babies.
You mean XX right? the Y chromosome is the MAN one.

Sorry for double post.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Henry Pym is by far one of the most interesting characters though. And anyone who watched the Old animated series will love to see him!

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
scnj said:
Vanguard1219 said:
That's all well and good, but can't we just cut all the crap and do what Marvel should have done on day one? Just make Fillion Captain America.
Fillion is Canadian. By his nature, Captain America has to be American.
Given that the nationality of the actor has next to no bearing on the nationality of the character itself I fail to see why this is valid.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Nathan would make a Hawkeye.
THIS THIS THIS THIS

FUCKING BRILLIANT

*ahem* Sorry, but he definitely would fit that role FAR better than Ant Man.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
For whatever reason, I always found the Avengers, as a super-team, to be kind of... well, silly - I couldn't take them seriously, so I was fairly apathetic about the whole notion of an Avengers movie.

But news like this upgrades the entire concept from a resounding "meh" to "freaking awesome". I only hope it's true!

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
They should have cast him as Thor, what would make more sense than Captain Hammer swinging a big-ass hammer?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
My only question about Movie Antman is would he have to live down that one incident that haunts him forever in the comics.

You know what i'm talking about.

Ant-Man being unable to live that down is pretty much a trope by this point. Also he needs a way better name >_>;

PS: Fillion would make an AWESOME Hawkeye or Daredevil.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I always figured (judging by the black one eyed willy (Nick Fury :p) in Ironman) that the Avengers movie would actually be more like the Ultimate Avengers, meaning it would include Miss Marvel.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
scnj said:
Vanguard1219 said:
That's all well and good, but can't we just cut all the crap and do what Marvel should have done on day one? Just make Fillion Captain America.
Fillion is Canadian. By his nature, Captain America has to be American.
Given that the nationality of the actor has next to no bearing on the nationality of the character itself I fail to see why this is valid.
If there was a Captain Britain movie and he was played by a non-British actor, I wouldn't be happy about it. Same goes for Captain America.

Marisynos

May 20, 2010
Aurgelmir said:
No no no no no no!
as much as I love Nathan Fillion he has non of the characteristics of neither Pym or Barton.
Nathan Fillion usually play an upbeat happy go lucky guy, where as Pym is a neurotic obsessive guy. And well Clint Barton is a more hardened badass, with just a little bit of Fillion in him.

But then again Fillion doesn't even look the part for either of them ;) And well he might be getting to old to be playing any of them.
Upbeat, happy go lucky? Like Mal Reynolds, the bitter war veteran from Firefly, or Caleb, the psycopathic misogynistic villain in Buffy? I guess Captain Hammer was kind of upbeat, except the fact where he was a bully...

Batsamaritan said:
HANK PYM!!!! NOOOOOOOO i'm all for Nathan fillion in this film but give the dude a good character like hawkeye or even jarvis not hank pym....
Jarvis has already been cast/recreated. He's Stark's AI system, voiced by Paul Bettany.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Marisynos said:
Aurgelmir said:
No no no no no no!
as much as I love Nathan Fillion he has non of the characteristics of neither Pym or Barton.
Nathan Fillion usually play an upbeat happy go lucky guy, where as Pym is a neurotic obsessive guy. And well Clint Barton is a more hardened badass, with just a little bit of Fillion in him.

But then again Fillion doesn't even look the part for either of them ;) And well he might be getting to old to be playing any of them.
Upbeat, happy go lucky? Like Mal Reynolds, the bitter war veteran from Firefly, or Caleb, the psycopathic misogynistic villain in Buffy? I guess Captain Hammer was kind of upbeat, except the fact where he was a bully...

Batsamaritan said:
HANK PYM!!!! NOOOOOOOO i'm all for Nathan fillion in this film but give the dude a good character like hawkeye or even jarvis not hank pym....
Jarvis has already been cast/recreated. He's Stark's AI system, voiced by Paul Bettany.
Well all the characters you mentioned Fillion having played still have a chip on their shoulder, that neither Clint Barton nor Hank Pym have in the same way.
He could maybe fit the personality of Clint Barton to some point, but there is no resemblance. Clint is an agile fighter, who use movement to his advantage, Fillion is a lot more bulky and would fit better as a Heavy-Hitter type.
And honestly Fillion as a scientist? Really? Come on!? They look nothing alike at all. I am picturing someone more in the lines of Matt Daimon in the role as "The Scientist Supreme"

Marvel have been very good with their casting so far, so I doubt they will cast any of Joss' pets just because Joss has anything to do with the movie.

As for Jarvis. Well I suggest you pick up some of the early Dark Reign Iron Man issues. J.A.R.V.I.S is the name of the AI there too ;)

All in all I can't really picture Fillion as any of the Avengers (based on his looks mainly, but also his acting style).

VanityGirl said:
I always figured (judging by the black one eyed willy (Nick Fury :p) in Ironman) that the Avengers movie would actually be more like the Ultimate Avengers, meaning it would include Miss Marvel.
Now I don't read much Ultimate Marvel, but at what point was Ms. Marvel ever in the Ultimates? I mean Carol Danvers is in the Ultimates universe, but when was she Ms. Marvel

PS: Huge Ms.Marvel fan here, and I would love to see her in her own movie, but that would mean a Captain Marvel movie first... and that would be AWESOME!

Hey dye Fillions hair white or blonde, and I could maybe accept him as Mar-Vel

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I can't help but think that a film called 'Ant Man' is going to struggle to be taken seriously or achieve popularity comparable to Iron Man or Captain America with the general public. For that matter, he can't match their popularity among comic book fans, either.