Will Smith Says Bad Boys 3 Is "Definitely" Happening

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Will Smith Says Bad Boys 3 Is "Definitely" Happening

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1275/1275869.png

Without Michael Bay at the helm, can he and Martin Lawrence recapture the magic of he first two installments?

He might've missed the boat on Independence Day -- or simply been too expensive a package [http://www.techinsider.io/why-will-smith-wont-be-in-independence-day-2-2015-12] for the boat to handle -- but it looks like Will Smith will be tapping into our nostalgia to dust off an oldie after all.

In a recent interview with BBC Radio 1Xtra (video below), the Concussion star confirmed rumors that he would returning to the role that made him an action movie staple, Detective Mike Lowrey, for a third Bad Boys movie. Smith claimed the idea was spurred by a chance run-in with his former Bad Boys co-star, comedian Martin Lawrence.

"I hadn't seen him for about two years, and we just looked at each other," said Smith.

"We hugged and in that moment we both knew we were making another Bad Boys. So we're definitely doing another one."

Directed by Michael Bay, the first Bad Boys was released in 1995 to middling reviews, but earned over $140 million on a modest $19 million budget thanks in a large part to the chemistry of its leads. The 2003 follow-up was critically panned across the board as "two and a half hours of explosions and witless banter," but went on to outearn its predecessor by over $100 million (albeit with a budget to match).

In any case, I don't see many Will Smith fans being more excited to see him another Bad Boys movie instead of on Smith's IMDB page [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M]. Then again, Smith is about due for another blockbuster, and maybe rumored director Joe Carnahan (The Grey) can bring some fresh ideas to the table beyond Bay's plethora of explosions.

Bad Boys 3 has yet to begin production, but is already scheduled for a February 17th, 2017 release date.

Source: BBC Radio

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Fuck. Yes.

Some of my fondest memories were of watching these movies with my brother and I'm hype they are finally making another.
Only thing I hope is that Martin Lawrence gets taken more seriously in the 3rd movie then he was in the last 2, while I know that the whole "Cool Cop, Funny Cop" thing was pretty awesome, I still think Lawrence's character deserves a break and more of a chance to be awesome then just the last 20 minutes of each film.

"FROM NOW ON, THAT'S HOW YOU SHOOT!"

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
What they should do is replace Will Smith with Simon Pegg, Martin Lawerence with Nick Frost and rename the movie Hot Fuzz 2.
That's a movie worth making!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
sounds good. i really enjoy the bad boys movies and if they keep the chemistry the same, part 3 cant go wrong. well, at least not too much wrong. lol.
its a fun action comedy movie and thats what i expect if these two guys are in it.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Silentpony said:
What they should do is replace Will Smith with Simon Pegg, Martin Lawerence with Nick Frost and rename the movie Hot Fuzz 2.
Or make both. I'm up for twice the fun.

ZeroAxis

Apr 11, 2010
Evonisia said:
Silentpony said:
I......I think it may be "crossover" time. THAT is a movie worth seeing.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ZeroAxis said:
Evonisia said:
Silentpony said:
didnt think of that. that would be hilarious if done right. i think i have to watch hot fuzz again. then bad boys movies.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Normally to make a sequel this long after the original run I would say the actors will look to old for their parts but Will and Martin actually look pretty good for their ages. I have to wonder though if their ages in this new movie will be a thing and if there will be a torch passing attempt to two younger guys.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
Metalrocks said:
ZeroAxis said:
Evonisia said:
Silentpony said:
didnt think of that. that would be hilarious if done right. i think i have to watch hot fuzz again. then bad boys movies.
Would it really work though?
Because Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's characters were WATCHING Bad Boys when Butterman was showing Angel a bunch of Buddy Cop flicks.