Will Xbox owners buy a PS3 for Killzone

Boober the Pig

Sep 8, 2008
This is a question for Xbox 360 owners. Is Killzone 2 enough to get you to buy a PS3? Most people who like games own a current console by now. For Sony to grow it's console base, the biggest market is 360 owners. So, the PS3 has had a few excellent exclusives that didn't really push the system so much as make people who already owned the system happy about their purchase. This is nice but an exclusive defines the console and should help sell it. So, will Killzone 2 make you purchase another console, are you waiting for God of War III, or do you see your console like a girlfriend and a second console would be cheating on the first one.

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
no, killzone 2 doesnt look appealing enough to the point its a system seller, as it doesnt do much more than your everyday FPS. Its worth a buy, but it doesnt justify buying the system

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I would be more likely to buy a PS3 for Flower, or Noby Noby Boy.

Much more likely for a Team Ico game.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
No shooter would ever sell me a system on its own, because for my money, shooters are all far too samey.

Contrast with the fact that LBP may have been enough to get me to buy the system, and that's just an updated platformer. Clearly, my logic is flawed.

Personal taste aside, I would put forward that if one game is sufficient to have someone buying a system, they have too much money or a low level of self control. When the stack of exclusives that you, personally, are interested in grows to be about seven to ten high, that's when it's time to consider a purchase.

- J

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Killzone 2 is not enough for me to buy a PS3. However, when the next God of War comes out, I may be seriously tempted. As for Killzone 2, it looks just like another good shooter, of which I have played many. I might buy it if I had a PS3, but I won't buy a PS3 just to get a good shooter.

Samuel Cook

and Greg Puciato.
Jan 2, 2009
To be honest I'm seriously thinking about buying a PS3 at the moment.. But that's not due to Killzone 2, it is infact for the most amazing franchise in gaming ever. Ratchet and Clank. Ohh Yeahh.

I've always semi regretted buying my Xbox360 instead of a PS3, I had a feeling that although not many PS3 exclusives caught my eye, there would be a time where a few games would come out that swayed me.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
No game is worth changing a console. Killzone 2 is just an average shooter who's been overhyped by...you guess it, fanboys. There is no reason to buy another console just for ONE game, since that game will soon get bored and you'll regret ever buying the system.

Insomniactk

Nov 11, 2008
Nope, I don't play FPS-games on consoles... Actually, I almost never play any games at all on my 360, PC rulez :) (Please don't flame me now, please)

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Well I'm not.

The number of threads on Killzone 2 is getting kind of annoying. As far as I can tell its just another generic FPS set in a generic Sci-Fi landscape. I really don't see what the fuss is about.

floppylobster said:
Much more likely for a Team Ico game.
This. Its about the one game I would buy a PS3 for.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I wouldn't switch consoles for ONE game. That is, as the Greeks say, retarded.

There are good games on the PS3 that I would like to play, but a handful of games (3 or 4 off the top of my head) is NOT reason enough to make a $400 purchase when I already have a 360. So why would ONE game be enough?
Answer: It wouldn't.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
The 360 libary is already jam packed with shooters, i dont really see many running over to go get a PS3 to play another one.