Will Xbox owners buy a PS3 for Killzone

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
I'm not going to buy a whole new console just for Killzone 2. It's a great FPS, but its not that different or significantly better than games that I can get for the 360.

GammaChris

Dec 14, 2008
No amount of great games will save the PS3 now. Sony went totally in the wrong direction with the beast. Not even a price drop will help, because they'll lose even more income with each machine. I think a better plan would've been to make a lighter console that one could sell on the cheap, so people won't feel their wallets cry so hard when they buy it. Then, with more of those consoles in homes, game designers will make more and better exclusives for it. Sony screwed themselves with the PS3, and now they have to live with it while the Wii and Xbox 360 make millions for their respective companies.

[/hurdle o' text]

GammaChris

Dec 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Micorosoft are losing billions on the 360 due to their own incompetence.
...with the PS3, and now they have to live with it while the Wii and the not Xbox 360 make millions for their company.

Is this better?

the no name man

Feb 23, 2009
n
Kalezian said:
No, buying an entire game system for only one game is just stupid. now on a related note, if the PS3 had, say, MORE than 4 games i would want to play on it, i would get one. this probably wont happen because half of PS3 games that i would play, are on the 360 and PC.....
i agree with you

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Shit, I bought a 360 for Killzone 2, how long was this PS3 exclusive?!
Well I bought a Wii 'cause I thought LittleBigPlanet was exclusive to that, And how do you think I feel?!

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Let me put it this way:

Buying any system for just a single game is a silly thing. Especially silly is buying a system for just a single game and then justifying it with the idea of some future "potential". That'd be someone buying a Wii for Super Mario Galaxy at launch and telling people how it has potential for a decent lightsaber game as the reason for buying it.

A collection of games? Yes, that's the reason most people buy games. A single game? No.

Indigo_Dingo said:
That they actually made a commitment to making the best console they could...
If this is about you believing the throwaway comment by CliffyB, you should check a couple things:
1) the demoscene (especially those doing C64 demos)
2) the Neo-Geo and its games
3) games for any system since the Colecovision

That's if you believe any system has its potential capped within the first 3 years. This doesn't even need any tech knowledge for you to figure out what's horribly wrong with what you've been repeating for ages now.

CoziestPigeon

Oct 6, 2008
No chance. Yes, killzone looks like a solid shooter, but nothing revolutionary. I am a 360 owner, and if I'm gunna buy a ps3, it's gunna be for LBP.

matchewzits

Feb 10, 2009
i have both systems, but bought my ps3 recently (pre-owned FTW!), and really i bought it for the exclusives like Uncharted, LBP, MGS, and GOW, but i'm definitely lookin forward to Killzone 2. but its not the sole reason i bought my ps3, no, i would never buy a system for one game only. i'll wait till it's got a decent line up of quality titles, then buy it for as cheap as i can find it. but i agree with floppylobster, i'm really waiting for another Team ICO game.