Will Xbox owners buy a PS3 for Killzone

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Grand_Poohbah said:
Does Halo 3 justify buying a xbox 360? No and Killzone is not worth a PS3.
To me, Halo 3 does justify buying a 360 because I love the game so damn much. You can't say one game can't justify buying a console. It all depends on the experience offered and the longevity of the title. Both Halo 3 and Killzone 2 offer fantastic experiences with great longevity. Their multiplayer components are both totally fantastic.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I also just can't stand the Playstation-type controllers for FPSs. Sure, I'm biased for the Xbox with FPSs, but I've never, ever gotten a hand cramp from one of those controllers. N64's stick, a bit, and even the wiimote. PS(to the Nth value) yes,yes. For any action-y game, I get bruizes on my thumb.
Hand cramps, anyone?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Erana said:
I also just can't stand the Playstation-type controllers for FPSs. Sure, I'm biased for the Xbox with FPSs, but I've never, ever gotten a hand cramp from one of those controllers. N64's stick, a bit, and even the wiimote. PS(to the Nth value) yes,yes. For any action-y game, I get bruizes on my thumb.
Hand cramps, anyone?
There is an alternative - how'd you like to play console FPSes with a mouse?
Ever seen a cat fly a kite?

Velios

Dec 11, 2008
Broken record time: No. I won't. I will be purchasing a Playstation 3 next weekend though, I've been meaning to do so for far too long...

Russel1

Jun 13, 2008
throw in lbp, msg4, uncharted, ratchet n clank motorstorm, resistance 2. sure why not. all i need is the cash
i gota admit, killzone tempted me to get one, but im saving up for a car

Ryuzix

Jan 21, 2009
I'd probably get bored of killzone 2 if i traded in my xbox 360 like all of my xbox exclusive shooters. But I'd probably play orange box for ps3 seeing as all their clans suck and i could easily make it to the top clan.

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
I never have got this mentality... why would i spend $600 just to play 1 game :|

But i guess if you where looking at one anyway I could see how you might maybe tip you over the edge to buying it maybe?

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
I would by a PS3 for LittleBigPlanet, and in fact, I was going to, but I didn't(and still don't) have the money for it.
But not for Killzone. Killzone just looks like an average everyday FPS to me.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
For killzone alone - no. However, I MAY buy one for Killzone 2, Resistance, LBP and a handful of other games plus the blue-ray player.

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
I wouldn't buy killzone even if it was released on the 360.
The only game worth buying a console over is Mass Effect. Period.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Skalman said:
Bioshock and LittleBigPlanet, though.
There are a few good console games out there...

Also, to add to my last post: I would also buy a PS3 for MGS4. I played the first 3 a long time ago, and I remember that they were amazing, so I'm gonna go on a whim and assume the 4th one is, too.

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
Crazzee said:
Skalman said:
Bioshock and LittleBigPlanet, though.
There are a few good console games out there...

Also, to add to my last post: I would also buy a PS3 for MGS4. I played the first 3 a long time ago, and I remember that they were amazing, so I'm gonna go on a whim and assume the 4th one is, too.
Bioshock isn't PS3 Exclusive and LBP doesn't interest me at all, neither does any other PS3 Exclusive title.

hansatan

Feb 22, 2009
In the immortal words of James Doohan in regards to appearing in the futurama episode "Where no fan has gone before." Oh no, not a hope in hell.