Will Xbox owners buy a PS3 for Killzone

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
So you find a mouse more uncomfortable for an FPS?
I definitely do, they are far too unwieldy, this is coming from someone who has his own custom-made mouse with a weighted back end to compensate for my large wrists and a hair trigger for fast firing pistols etc, and it just does not compare to the precision and ergonomic feel of a controller, set sensitivity at 7/8 and you are set and ready to go!

I tried shadowrun on both machines to see which one offered the most precise aiming etc and the controller won out, so I have since installed the drivers and mods to run a 360 controller on my PC for any PC FPSes I should find myself playing (red faction to name one)

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
one of my mates said he would cos he's also getting fed up with his x-box breaking down, but i aint sure if he just wants killzone or just wants a better console

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
Another question would be:

"Will PS3 owners buy a Xbox for Gears of War 2?"

Respond to that, and there you have it.
If they want it bad enough?

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
A single game would never be enough to make me buy a whole new console, specially not a PS3.
I'd certainly buy a console before i had one depending on what games were coming out but not when i have a perfectly good one already.
For me to spend £400 on something which might be a bag of crap anyways isnt worth the risk.

Rogue of Hearts

Feb 21, 2009
First off, I own both 360 and ps3, so this question probably isn't directed to me.

However, I will recount my tale of how I got suckered in to buying a new console. I had a 360 and had really no intention of getting a ps3. But then my cousin got one, and then a friend got one too. Still wasn't swayed. Then two more of my friends got them and tried to convince me to get ps3 so I could play God of War or Metal Gear Solid. I finally did get a ps3 but not because of God of War or Metal Gear Solid, I got it because I could play with all my friends without having to pay for xbl.

So no, even if I'm a Killzone fan and have already pre-ordered it, I can't say that Killzone 2 itself would've been enough to sway me over to the dark side.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
No, Killzone does not justify shelling out the (still) ridiculous cost for a console that has barely any games worth playing that I can't already buy on my 360 (probably with a superior framerate and bonus DLC, too). The falling prices of Blu-ray players means I'll just get one of those if I want HD DVDs now, so the PS3 doesn't even have that feather in it's cap anymore. If I had a PS3 I might consider buying it, but I seriously doubt I will ever buy one since, as mentioned, the PS3's quality exclusive level is worryingly low.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Skalman said:
Crazzee said:
Skalman said:
I wouldn't buy killzone even if it was released on the 360.
The only game worth buying a console over is Mass Effect. Period.
Bioshock and LittleBigPlanet, though.
There are a few good console games out there...

Also, to add to my last post: I would also buy a PS3 for MGS4. I played the first 3 a long time ago, and I remember that they were amazing, so I'm gonna go on a whim and assume the 4th one is, too.
Bioshock isn't PS3 Exclusive and LBP doesn't interest me at all, neither does any other PS3 Exclusive title.
I was just saying consoles in general, that's what you said, after all.
PS3 exclusives? Nah, I'll deal with not having them. The PS3 controller sucks ass, I can't stand using it.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Anyone who buys a system for only one game will more then likely feel buyers remorse afterwards. Especially if that game turns out to be substandard and best.

Mar 26, 2008
Not at all. I'm over first person shooters for the time being and I don't see Killzone 2 as being anything more. Halo: ODST could turn out to be the second coming of the Jesus but such is my apathy toward FPS, I'll be giving that a miss too; and I already own a 360.

The only game that could possibly sway me to buy a PS3 is Heavy Rain, and that is only because I'm a big fan of Quantic Dreams.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
lol@ killzone. I played it's demo. It's clunky, samey and grey. i.e no fun at all.

inkheart_artist

Jan 22, 2009
Killzone 2 is two years too late for me. The PS3 meandered around with mediocre titles for so long I stopped wanting it and when I saw the repetoire of genuinely good games on the 360 I decided to get that instead. Since I'm not made of money no matter how good Killzone is I won't be getting.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
No. And when I do get one I don't think I'll be getting Killzone 2. I'm not much interested in it. because I'll be a Space Marine fighting Space Nazis. Whoop-de-doo. Oh sure it looks nice, but I don't play games for the graphics.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Because I had to chop down my money tree this year for the firewood, I will not be buying a PS3 just for Killzone 2 this year. Once the benjamins I planted grow into money shrubs, maybe JUST MAYBE I'll buy a PS3...

oh yeah, and they have to get rid of the tinytinytiny controllers. I don't have small japanese hands

vexed123

Oct 30, 2008
If Killzone gets good reviews and doesn't suck balls like an experimental college student with nothing to lose then I might play my PS3 a bit more. The only game I play on it atm is Fallout 3 but the lack of DLC on PS3 annoys me >.>

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
pfff...No...

I understand that Killzone2 is great, but it's not a system seller and who needs another FPS?

But God of War III, on the other hand, might just tip my hand.