Will Xbox owners buy a PS3 for Killzone

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
Baneat said:
IMO grey doesn't equal nice.
Finally I find some one who points it out!!

People keep saying it looks awesome, but the gray is such a big slam in the face!
*coughCOUGHit'stheaestheticsandvisualsCOUGHcough*

The_Grenglish

Jan 13, 2009
no...
killzone one wasnt very good, so i have little hope for this one
very little will probably make me buy a ps3 these days
and for the record, not fan boy, own all playstations prior to 3

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
I pose a question

Why would you buy an expensive system like the PS3 just for one game?

NO GAME is that good

And for the record its going to take way more than one or 2 or even 10 good games to sell a system and I gotta say, so far I'm really not that impressed with the title lineup.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
Baneat said:
IMO grey doesn't equal nice.
Finally I find some one who points it out!!

People keep saying it looks awesome, but the gray is such a big slam in the face!
The Developers actually said they wanted to make it foreboding, give you the feeling you were unwelcome there.
well they got me there!

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Vlane said:
I don't buy a new car so I can drive a little bit faster.
A lot of people do...
But no, no single game has made me want a console.
Hell I don't want any of the next gen consoles.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
JWAN said:
I pose a question

Because the game itself shows the capabilities of the Ps3, and that rather than being a one-off thing, it shows the level games on the Ps3 can go to (easily, now that Guerilla are passing on their engine).
right, but if you only have one game that does this so what? Why should I fork over hundreds of dollars for a system and then a bunch MORE for one game.

I don't think its worth it in the end

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
JWAN said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
JWAN said:
I pose a question

Because the game itself shows the capabilities of the Ps3, and that rather than being a one-off thing, it shows the level games on the Ps3 can go to (easily, now that Guerilla are passing on their engine).
right, but if you only have one game that does this so what? Why should I fork over hundreds of dollars for a system and then a bunch MORE for one game.

So what you're saying is that you think no game will ever be as good as Killzone 2?
even if it was destined to be a good game its not enough to warrant buying a system with a few more mediocre titles.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
No, I have a friend with a PS3,if I really wanted to play it, I could just go over to his house.

scoobyduped

Apr 6, 2008
No. It looks great, and if I already had a PS3 I'd definitely pick it up, but I wouldn't buy any system just for one game.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
JWAN said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
JWAN said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
JWAN said:
I pose a question

So what you're saying is that you think no game will ever be as good as Killzone 2?
even if it was destined to be a good game its not enough to warrant buying a system with a few more mediocre titles.
You didn't answer my question.
no

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
sevenrings said:
Killzone 2 is two years too late for me. The PS3 meandered around with mediocre titles for so long I stopped wanting it and when I saw the repetoire of genuinely good games on the 360 I decided to get that instead. Since I'm not made of money no matter how good Killzone is I won't be getting.
Similar thing going on here.
I started my console journeys on Ps2, but with this console Sony dropped the ball. Not enough good titles at launch, and not enough good titles now. I feel mostly apathy, though I do want it for Blue-Ray and some of my fav franchises.... It is also multipurpose, so in the end I might give it a shot.
Not for Killzone 2 by itself though. That's just silly.