Will Zynga Leave Facebook?

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
HAH! I hope they try it. Then, once they're back in the gutter, swigging from a brown-bagged bottle, they'll realize how pathetically awful their entire company was. Good riddance.

dangitall

Mar 16, 2010
Once they leave Facebook there will be no more idiots holding their stupid little Iphones lured into farmville thinking it's the only game ever made...
My dreams have come true at last

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I'm reading this, and I'm thinking about that time Google redirected searches for 'facebook login' to an article about a new proposed login for Facebook and thousands of people thought that site was the facebook and complained on the article's comments.

So yeah, I don't think that'd work well for Zynga. That would be an excellent way for them to die a horrible death, though. Through their own hubris, I mean.

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
RetroVortex said:
I think this is a bad move by Zynga.

A game like farmtown, (where they take a perfectly fine game like Harvest Moon, remove the soul of it, beat the difficulty down to a cripple, then reanimate the disfigured remains, and paint it up like a whore), just wouldn't work on its own, even if it has the extra utlities Facebook provides the unwashed masses.

Unless it has millions to spend in advertising...
They might team up with Evony. In a month or so, you'll see scantily clad boobs advertising Farmville.
Work that hoe my lord!

Sorry, just had to. :)

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Izzil said:
Paksenarrion said:
RetroVortex said:
I think this is a bad move by Zynga.

A game like farmtown, (where they take a perfectly fine game like Harvest Moon, remove the soul of it, beat the difficulty down to a cripple, then reanimate the disfigured remains, and paint it up like a whore), just wouldn't work on its own, even if it has the extra utlities Facebook provides the unwashed masses.

Unless it has millions to spend in advertising...
They might team up with Evony. In a month or so, you'll see scantily clad boobs advertising Farmville.
Work that hoe my lord!

Sorry, just had to. :)
Quick! Patent that saying before ZyngEvony does! You'll make millions!

TheEndlessGrey

Sep 28, 2009
I don't know, from my perspective the average Farmville user only found out about it because it was on Facebook, something they were already using anywy. If they are required to add another stop to their daily internet route, that might be more hassle than they're interested in. Many of those users who are really into it will probably follow it if it leaves, but that will become a barrier to new users.

I'm sure they've crunched the numbers and made their best guess at whether it's worth it to give up the visibility and easy access offered by Facebook to keep that 30%, but in my opinion you don't leave money on the table. If I were Zynga, I'd offer incentives to people who log in via the official website and pay their money directly to me, but I wouldn't quit Facebook.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
I don't necessarily agree that the Zynga feels the need to leave Facebook. Sure they are big enough to potentially stand on their own, but they have worked with Facebook since the beginning and I don't see why they wouldn't now. After all, they have created a dashboard in at least one game I am aware of where users can see their notifications. To me, it seems like they are moving hand in hand with Facebook, not facing off. Until we see anything official from Facebook or Zynga, it's pure speculation that they will be moving away from Facebook. It's true that Farmville does have it's own page, but I had understood it was intended merely to provide a login outside of Facebook (should Facebook connection problems arise). Users can still use Farmville with Facebook from my own understanding. To me this signifies nothing in the area of moving away from Facebook. Though only time will tell.

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
ToonLink said:
*ahem*
*gets up on soapbox*
*turns on megaphone*
*feedback*

FUCK ZYNGA

*gets off soapbox*
*turns off megaphone*
*retreats back to lurk more*
ENCORE

You sir do not know the meaning of lurking, take a look when i joined this site. (seems to say 2009, i joined this site in 2008)

*slithers back to dark cave*

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
How sad is it that there's a group of over 46,000 at the time of this posting stating that if Zynga leaves, they'll leave Facebook.