Win this Voice Acting Contest and Hear Yourself In Mass Effect: Andromeda

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Win this Voice Acting Contest and Hear Yourself In Mass Effect: Andromeda

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1348/1348961.jpgYou could hear yourself in Mass Effect: Andromeda if you're lucky enough to win Bioware's "Explorers Wanted" contest.

If you've ever wanted to hear your voice in a Bioware game, you've got a slim chance at it thanks to a new contest from Bioware. It was actually posted a couple of weeks back, but it didn't kick off until today.

All you have to do is head over to the Bioware blog and download one of the two scripts. Once you find the script you like, you should record yourself performing it. You won't need a costume, or makeup, and anything like that. Heck, you don't even need to submit a video. Winners will be chosen on the quality of their entry and how well their performance fits into the "Mass Effect style."

If you win, Bioware will send you to one of their recording studios, house you in a hotel, and of course, you'll record your parts for the game.

You can find the full contest rules, as well as the scripts you y'll need to download, over on the Bioware blog [http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/].

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Hmm, that could be fun to try out. I mean, the chance of winning is astronomically small, but it could still be fun to try...

The rules of the contest said:
Explorers Wanted(the ?Contest?) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest.
...well never mind then.

What do they have against people from Quebec? I can understand them not wanting to drag people from all around the world but Quebec is within Bioware's native Canada.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Bedinsis said:
Hmm, that could be fun to try out. I mean, the chance of winning is astronomically small, but it could still be fun to try...

The rules of the contest said:
Explorers Wanted(the ?Contest?) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest.
...well never mind then.

What do they have against people from Quebec? I can understand them not wanting to drag people from all around the world but Quebec is within Bioware's native Canada.
Quebec laws involve several regulations (and taxes) that contest creators usually don't want to deal with. I blame PQ for this (when it comes to laws that make things in Quebec more complicated/problematic than the rest of Canada, PQ is a sure bet)

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
My cousin has a high-quality studio microphone, so I might give it a shot, despite the chances.

Atratzu

Aug 14, 2016
I'm tempted to do it, "just because", and try giving the character several different voices.