Wing Commander III free on Origin (UK, regions might vary)

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
EA are offering Wing Commander III for free with their "on the house" promotion, great for a bit of nostalgia.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/free-games/on-the-house

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for letting me know! I love the old Wing Commander games!

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
I'm in the UK and had no problems getting it. By the way, this is the 2nd topic on the subject but thanks for letting me know.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
It's free in the states, too. I really don't remember why I fired up Origin yesterday but hey, free game......that I already have the discs.......for on shelf.....covered it dust.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
all praise the ori

All joking aside Origin, isn't bad and the free games means I will fire it up at least once a month.

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Damn. I already bought the Wing Commander series during the GOG sale last month. Ah, well.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
antidonkey said:
It's free in the states, too. I really don't remember why I fired up Origin yesterday but hey, free game......that I already have the discs.......for on shelf.....covered it dust.
Because discs are a thing of the past, it's the future now, where we play old games.

Technocrat

Nov 19, 2008
It's one of those great nineties games, back when they knew how to do cutscenes properly. We get to see Luke Skywalker as Commander Mark Hamill!

AtomChicken

Aug 1, 2014
I actually have a copy of WC3 safely tucked away for nostalgia and bragging purposes. But I already own the Wing Commander series from GOG. Nice to know though.