Wisconsin Congressman Steps Up to Oppose SOPA

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
"Smacks face" Didn't take you long to get back into the swing of things did it kid?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Just wondering why you're SOPA's self appointed crusader is all, shouldn't you be bashing minecraft? I swear you seemed to be determined to piss off as many people as possible on this site. Also if SOPA is so great then why are gaming companies starting to withdraw their support? Also check latest content, the Obama administration flat out called it a violation of US freedoms AND congress shelved the damn thing, sounds like the thing was pretty flawed.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Figures that you have to get personal to get your point across, talking about something you have no idea about instead of what you can actually see someone doing, pathetic. And oh yeah, people that made the choices that allowed them to build mulitmillion empires? Pftttt, what do they know? Random guy across the Internet? Far smarter. The congressmen elected by US citizens to make choices for this country? Every last one of them is incompetent, this random guy across the Internet is the one with all the answers. The bill has been suspended with it being called a violation of freedoms, if the people running this country have kicked it, then you're in denial that there's nothing wrong with it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Reread my comment

"Talking about what you have no idea about instead of what you can actually see someone doing, pathetic"

You can't see me write have no idea what I write about or what I plan to do in my future as a writer, ergo you have no idea what you're talking about, I can see your comments on the internet, ergo I know what I'm talking about.

Also the definition of piracy according to SOPA

a computer program, a musical work, a motion picture or other audiovisual work, or a sound recording, if, at the time of unauthorized distribution or public performance--
`(i)(I) the copyright owner has a reasonable expectation of commercial distribution; and
`(II) the copies or phonorecords of the work have not been commercially distributed in the United States by or with the authorization of the copyright owner; or
`(ii)(I) the copyright owner does not intend to offer copies of the work for commercial distribution but has a reasonable expectation of other forms of commercial dissemination of the work; and
`(II) the work has not been commercially disseminated to the public in the United States by or with the authorization of the copyright owner;

`(B) a motion picture, if, at the time of unauthorized distribution or public performance, the motion picture--
`(i)(I) has been made available for viewing in a motion picture exhibition facility; and
`(II) has not been made available in copies for sale to the general public in the United States by or with the authorization of the copyright owner in a format intended to permit viewing outside a motion picture exhibition facility; or
`(ii) had not been commercially disseminated to the public in the United States by or with the authorization of the copyright owner more than 24 hours before the unauthorized distribution or public performance.'.

Here's the thing though, if you put something on the internet, put a song in a video, put up a let's play of a video game, or show a clip of something on the internet, hundreds of thousands if not millions of people could see it, and they would fall into this category. Also the punishment is up to four years in prison, TOO FREAKING HARSH! Piracy IS a problem, but SOPA is not the answer. It's way to harsh and widespread, to those that wrote it, go back and try again. Also the thing about Congress, just saying that they're corrupt can go both ways, I could have just said that they were corrupt if the bill got passed, so that's not a very good argument.

Wait, why am I arguing this point? It doesn't matter, SOPA is dead...HELL YES!