Witcher 3 Trailer Puts You Aboard A Ship Made Of Dead Men's Claws

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Witcher 3 Trailer Puts You Aboard A Ship Made Of Dead Men's Claws

Want an extended look into the world of The Witcher 3? Got you covered!

Witcher 3 is sailing your way in 2014 in a boat made of dead men's claws, a very Norse thing to do, and if you want to be creeped out by the Wild Hunt, take a look at the latest trailer. Yes, you do get a glimpse into Geralt's world, but you really don't want to get too close to the fellas in the death's head masks. Only one man has done that, and come back to tell the tale.

Looks like CD Projekt RED has a beautiful fantasy tale in store for us! It's been a challenge putting all that open world goodness together with "the same intense feeling/experience that you got in The Witcher 2", said game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz back in July [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126045-Witcher-3-Dev-Open-World-Development-is-Very-Challenging]. But this is the kind of challenge the Polish developer loves.

Seems like 2014's so far away ... here's hoping CD Projekt announces a definite date soon. This will be a PC, Xbox One and PS4 title, when it launches.

Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/09/the-witcher-3-trailer-has-a-boat-made-of-dead-mens-claws/#more-179367]

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
That trailer sent chills down my spine when I saw the world premiere at the VGX (about the only good thing about it).

I really hope these guys can pull off the whole open world thing and not try to chase the Skyrim carrot too much and do their own thing.

Now a bit of actual gameplay of the game would kept me satiated until release, please CDPR?

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Man I have such hard on for this game. Really hoping that this doesn't suck. I may even go play the Witcher 2 again in the meantime...

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I've tried a few times to get into the first Witcher and it just didn't happen. That's kept me from getting #2 but #3 looks pretty badass. It's making want to give #2 a shot.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
The only reason I briefly tuned into the VGX at all. If all that really is in game footage, it's going to be one hell of a game to flex the hardware of my next rig. Glad to see Sauron has found some new work too XD We just need a trailer showing off Emperor Emyr now and I'll be happy.

God this and Dark Souls 2 are my most anticipated games right now, a good chunk of my life is just going to be GONE once these two drop.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Wow, it looks like a real successor to the Gothic series. :eek:

That narrator sounds like Piotr from Vader.
Wait, Vader are big fans of this game...

*goes to look up stuff*

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
I cannot wait to play this game!!! I cant wrap my head around the fact that its all ingame footage, and it will be open world. I have a feeling this game is going to take up alot of my time!

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
The sooner this comes out the better. I wasn't a huge fan of the first Witcher, but Witcher 2 sold me on the series, and the more I see about Witcher 3, the more I want to play it. The hype keeps building.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I haven't said this about a game in a really long time, because of my jaded eyes of watching even good games get hyped and then fall face down over some BS (DLC, Weak story, endings *cough* Mass Effect 3 *cough*, broken game mechanics, DRM). BUT I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS SO FUCKING BAD! Projekt RED is one of the few good guys in gaming and not only do I want to play this game but I want to give them money for it. I refuse to not be hyped for this game. In fact I'm calling it now, it's going to be my GOTY! WOOOOOOO!