Woah Woah Woah. Okay, let's talk about women for a second.

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
museofdoom said:
"all bodies are good bodies" basically translates to "everyone is beautiful."
I assume this is "internal beauty". Because not everyone is externally beautiful, but a lot of people have redeeming qualities.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
GethBall said:
I only respect women if they respect themselves. (sorry, but I do)

but that comes down to YOUR definition of somone respecting themselfs, in a way your holding them to yout standards and morals

like sya mabey Im wearing some really short denim shorts, and I like my demin shorts (I really do)

but you interperet that "look at her..dressed up like that, obviosuly gunning for male attention, does she have respect or herself?" therefore you dont respect me

even though I just wear the shorts because I like them

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
targren said:
Basically, what you just said with that entire post is: "I can be a jerk and insult someone and condemn their behavior or their body type because I don't personally agree with it or find it attractive." Also, just because you don't find something attractive, doesn't mean that other people don't or shouldn't.

I don't mean everyone has to think the same way, I just think that no one should be chastised for how they choose to behave as long as it's not infringing upon the rights of others, hurting someone, or against the law.

The whole point of this thread was: Stop judging, be a decent human being, and be accepting of other people's behavior and physical appearance even if it doesn't line up with your own beliefs and/or moral code or suit your particular taste.

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
The Thinker said:
museofdoom said:
I assume this is "internal beauty". Because not everyone is externally beautiful, but a lot of people have redeeming qualities.
But really, external beauty is a matter of opinion. Everyone is beautiful to someone :)

And internal beauty is a huge point too!

Jan 13, 2012
Vault101 said:
GethBall said:

but that comes down to YOUR definition of somone respecting themselfs, in a way your holding them to yout standards and morals

like sya mabey Im wearing some really short denim shorts, and I like my demin shorts (I really do)

but you interperet that "look at her..dressed up like that, obviosuly gunning for male attention, does she have respect or herself?" therefore you dont respect me

even though I just wear the shorts because I like them
I meant that in a way that they respect themselves. Like they believe in their own morals and standards.

How they present themselves facotrises in there somewhere but not that much. (I'm just really old fashioned, that's all).

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I agree with most of your points, namely how a man who has sex with lots of women is celebrated while a woman who does with men is a slut. That in itself is hypocritical and wrong and I agree everyone should enjoy their body as much as they want.

But I can't agree with your point on supermodels. My friend is a photographer and he tells me 95% of them are bitches who see you as invisible and if you open your mouth they think your hitting on them and think of themselves as gods gift to the world. That generalization exists because they created it. I'm sure that that 5% are wonderful people, but get drowned out by the majority. I would rather date a normal woman rather then a self entitled princess.

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
Zeckt said:
But I can't agree with your point on supermodels. 95% of them are bitches who see you as invisible and if you open your mouth they think your hitting on them and think of themselves as gods gift to the world. That generalization exists because they created it. I'm sure that that 5% are wonderful people, but get drowned out by the majority.
Wow. You must really know a lot of super models personally to have formed that opinion! I'm impressed with how much you know! Like, I wish I had the opportunity to meet all the supermodels in the world!!

All sarcasm aside, you are generalizing horribly. Sure, not every model is going to be super nice, but that doesn't mean that all of them are nasty and awful.

Let me once again bring up how the fashion industry works: when a designer/agency/magazine is looking for models, they want someone who will be pleasant to work with. NO ONE wants to work with a self important *****.

My aunt and uncle work in the industry, and have met designers, models, etc. and from what I hear a lot of those people are lovely people. And some of them not so lovely. Oh my goodness, that's like, how the rest of the world works!!! Fancy that!

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
You know what? I actually regret posting that ... But I know people already are reading it and will refer to it anyways so too late to delete it I guess.

I apologize for my awful generalization based simply on someone who ranted at me after a bad day, you live and learn right? I take responsibility for being a douchebag in this topic. I'm not lying about my friend being a photographer so I know people in the industry too, but I admit that does not give me a realistic opinion on them.

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
Zeckt said:
You know what? I actually regret posting that ... But I know people already are reading it and will refer to it anyways so too late to delete it I guess.

I apologize for my awful generalization based simply on someone who ranted at me after a bad day, you live and learn right? I take responsibility for being a douchebag in this topic.
Well that was the most unexpected response ever. I accept your apology :) I respect the fact that you took responsibility! And I'm sorry for being sassy with obnoxious sarcasm :3

pewpewz

May 29, 2008
I think we live in a society where a divide between the sexes is encouraged. Even talking about models in this way is a kind of "us vs them" attitude amongst women. We're trained not to be able to associate with them, and we're trained to hate them through popular culture and media. This gives them (celebrities, public figures, models etc.,) status and power over us, and our means of retaliation is "well, you're just a big fugly slut".

People need to remember that everyone shits, everyone farts, everyone dies. For the brief moment you meet someone you think is "above" you in that arrogant, dickish way, remember how insignificant it all is. It's the use of this status that keeps us all in line and causes objectification and disgusting attitudes towards our fellow humans.

Once people move on from the influences of advertising and marketing, they usually realise how fucking stupid it all is and gain a little respect.

Watch The Century Of Self - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhxfArTAcfM
Understand WHY you're being made to think this way.
Improve humanity.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
[/quote]
museofdoom said:
5)A thin woman isn't any less of a woman than a woman who has curves or is larger. All women are equal and all bodies are good bodies.
Depends from what view point you are talking.

Body shape/size from the "I find that attractive" side is subject to an individuals opinion.

Models are far too thin for my liking. As I said in that thread, twiglets with tits. Some of us just prefer a few more curves and, to put it a bit differently, something to "grab hold of" if you will.

I won't condemn models though it's not as if there is some supreme mould of the perfect body that everyone should conform to like I say, it's just personal taste.

museofdoom said:
Also, while we are on the topic of women, I would like to say that people need to stop slut shaming. Like, it's a problem. People seem to think that how much skin a woman chooses to show is directly proportional to how much self respect they have. People also like to shame women who enjoy having sex. STOP IT. Girls can enjoy having sex, casual sex, kinky sex, and if they want to show boobs on the internet that's fine too. Not everyone has to uphold the same morals.
This I agree with completely however.

I like sex. I admit to being a bit of a man whore in my time. Sex is good.

I have no issues at all with anyone who likes sex. I have no issues with anyone who wants to flaunt that they like sex. As I said above, I love sex.

If a woman wants to flaunt what she has then I have no problem with that either.

Anyone can enjoy sex, it's hardly a "taboo" subject anymore.

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
Liquidacid23 said:
The Thinker said:
museofdoom said:
haha that reminds me of this

That's just not a very nice comic. Fat is not synonymous with ugly.

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
Rawne1980 said:

Body shape/size from the "I find that attractive" side is subject to an individuals opinion.

Models are far too thin for my liking. As I said in that thread, twiglets with tits. Some of us just prefer a few more curves and, to put it a bit differently, something to "grab hold of" if you will.

I won't condemn models though it's not as if there is some supreme mould of the perfect body that everyone should conform to like I say, it's just personal taste.
Well of course everyone has their own personal taste, and some people don't like skinny women.

It's just annoying when people condemn skinny women for being skinny. Like someone in the model thread said "I want real women with curves" or whatever. Like apparently being thin takes away your womanhood.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
GethBall said:
Once again, I love how you see things! Albeit I try and respect everyone but that's *cough*religion*cough*.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
museofdoom said:
So upon reading through that thread on super models, I saw some pretty awful commentary.

There was a lot of shaming being done, and stereotypes and generalizations being thrown. So let me make some things clear.

1) Just because a woman is thin, doesn't mean she's anorexic.
2)Some women are anorexic or bulimic, and that doesn't mean they are a bad person, they are suffering terribly.
3)Being pretty doesn't mean they lack a personality, or kindness or intelligence.
4)There is nothing wrong with girls who make a living from modeling. If they love doing it, then that's perfectly ok!
5)A thin woman isn't any less of a woman than a woman who has curves or is larger. All women are equal and all bodies are good bodies.

Also, while we are on the topic of women, I would like to say that people need to stop slut shaming. Like, it's a problem. People seem to think that how much skin a woman chooses to show is directly proportional to how much self respect they have. People also like to shame women who enjoy having sex. STOP IT. Girls can enjoy having sex, casual sex, kinky sex, and if they want to show boobs on the internet that's fine too. Not everyone has to uphold the same morals.

Sorry for ranting, I just had a lot of feelings. (and I'm not attacking men here, girls are perfectly capable of slut shaming and being sexist. It actually happens quite a bit.)
I can agree with that. The only reason I don't walk around all summer wearing as little as I can (I don't cope well with summer) is that, well, nobody wants to see that.

Still, supermodel culture is a problem, because it doesn't tolerate anything else than their idea of "perfect". Through doing this, they cause stuff like anorexia and bulimia. It's not the models that we need to be going on a b**** hunt for; It's the agents, the companys, the magazines backing this sh**.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Shawn MacDonald said:
museofdoom said:
Volf said:
museofdoom said:
Yep a dislike of women seems common here. Heck I just got done talking to a guy who basically said a relationship to him, was a place to loose money and put his dick in. Nice guy @_@.
Oh what a lovely guy! Objectifying/dehumanizing women is a pretty common thing, and it's very very not good.

It's sad that some people need to be told "women are people too".
The guy is talking about me. He's a terrible listener. Even though it's perfectly normal to side with someone on something, don't always believe it blindly.
I've "listened" to how you refer to the people your with as hookers, and how they "suck your money out". Go back to the other thread and look at the responses you got. I wasn't the only one to call you out on your attitude.

Shawn MacDonald said:
can't make my brain take the word relationship with anything but a grain of salt. Make it more realistic and say that I have dated hookers that knew my name and where I lived. it was pretty much like dating a hooker. Was me buying them food and and stuff in exchange for sex. me and the hookers got along if that makes you feel any better in calling them hookers. Always saw a girlfriend as being a thing you put money into in exchange for sexual favors. Saw horrible movies with them that I paid for, dinners that I bought, whats the difference? Horrible reality is that love is just a word we use to bash the guys that actually go to hookers because they just sex with no drama.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
museofdoom said:
2)Some women are anorexic or bulimic, and that doesn't mean they are a bad person, they are suffering terribly.
If she is doing on on her own choice (for example starving because she has a sick sense of beat) then they are bad person. Other than that i agree with you. however from my experience i have learned that stereotyping is mostly right.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
The only thing that pisses me off about models is they do nothing and get more money than people like doctors or teachers or other more important professions. The well known ones anyway.
Not saying other professions should be on millions a year because I know the economy doesn't work that way, but they do seem to get a stupid amount for standing there and looking pretty. You can be thick as shit and drop out of school but still be earning loadzamonies as a model. Not saying all of them are like that of course, I know a fair few of them who are still studying in uni.

But I agree, thin doesn't mean unattractive. I feel sorry for the naturally slim girls who have to hear 'omg size zero is disgusting!!1!! men like a bit of meat on their bones!!1!'
It's hardly their fault if their metabolism is stupidly high.
I've never thought being thin makes you less of a woman. The only thing I think people might mean when they say that is if a woman drops below a certain weight she can no longer have periods or have a baby.

I disagree about the clothing issue though... I think if you're constantly going out in two tea-bags and a nettle you probably don't have much respect for yourself. To me, you're basically saying, "Look at me boys, look at my arse and tits hanging out!" You know full well you're gonna get judged if you walk out the house half naked like some girls do. Especially in the cold >w<; they might catch something D:
Stuff like boobs, midriff, legs I don't mind girls showing at all, but when they go out in the teeniest shirts and skirts it just looks ridiculous.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
museofdoom said:
Rawne1980 said:

Well of course everyone has their own personal taste, and some people don't like skinny women.

It's just annoying when people condemn skinny women for being skinny. Like someone in the model thread said "I want real women with curves" or whatever. Like apparently being thin takes away your womanhood.
Well, while this does not necessarily reflect my personal opinion, there is an argument to be made there. If a man loses his testicles I think most people would say he has lost his "manhood." I would. It's unfortunate but true.

In a similar sense those super thin models probably could not give birth without dying. For that matter they probably couldn't carry a baby to term.

Ergo loss of "womanhood." Not personhood, but you get the idea.